Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm perhaps a little late to the party, but I hadn't found the time to sprite the idea I had as soon as I heard of this contest. So here's what I've made:
Robot Hair.png

What you see here is a vanity set based off of the character of Curly Brace from Cave Story (I wouldn't have submitted this if the Robot Hat - a reference to Quote, also from Cave Story - weren't already in the game). However, the main piece I was pushing for was the headpiece - which I've deemed the Robot Hair to mirror Quote's reference - the other pieces I added on later. The full set, however, would consist of the Robot Hair, Robot Top, and Robot Trousers, and could be called, perhaps, the Robot Clothes. (The naming would be a much simpler deal if there weren't already a set called the Robot Set which had items called Robot Shirt and Robot Pants.) It would also be easily doable to have the male and female sprites for the shirt to be Quote and Curly's shirts, respectively (You will notice I also have different pants, though I don't know if having different sprites for pants per gender is coded in... if not then the right side pants are the preferred color).

In the end, if you guys are fans of this idea, but think the whole set would be a little too direct for legality, I would be more than happy with only the Hair getting in, as that was my original idea. Regardless of whether this is selected or not, this is a real cool event for people who like to see the community's creations.

Hi everyone, I'm from Italy so I apologize in advance if my english isn't that great :redspin:

I'm a huge fan of Terraria since 2014, so I decided to participate, with the help of my girl friend

Scaled Set.jpg

I didn't actually thought of a name.. maybe Scaled Set? With Scaled Mask, Scaled Cape and Scaled Boots?

About the obtaining method, the player could get these "Dragon Scales" from some mob, maybe spawned in the Floating Islands biome, or in Hell, and combine them with silk, obsidian or any "particular" material.
Alternatively, the player could buy the vanity armor from NPCs, like the Traveling Merchant.

<3 Thank you all for your time, keep up the good work and have a nice and optimistic day

L
P.S.
I'm very bad at spriting and my computer also sucks.. I tried with Paint (yeah), but it was too bad, I'm really sorry haha

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

it's not much but i did my best toei suit:the head is kamen rider kuuga but the torso is mmpr + kamen rider 1 driver and also his scarf (it should move around while in movement)
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 7.09.49 am.png

boots: boots perfect for rider kicks, torso: henshin!, helmet: karate bugman

Last edited:
This is a simple colourful outfit inspired by Macaw parrots.
You should be able to see a little colourful tail when the character jumps and lifts his/ her arms.
Adjustments can be made if need be as well as different colors can be used as long it represents the colors of the real Macaws.
With all that said however, the suit is not supposed to look realistic but more mascot like.

Good luck to everyone par taking in the competition!
Image(5).png

I´m really bad at drawing so this is all I managed to do

Im going for a snow theamed set with both pieces of blue metal armor and clothes to make it warmer with all the fur
and as the snow is a harsh real biome, it combines everything it finds to survive, thats why its all mixed together
the only thing hard to see is the hoodie at the back with all the fluff

Attachments

• trra.png
    10.4 MB · Views: 97
  • trra_line.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 102
8C8F0BC4-E22D-411B-A199-8EB67E506F6A.jpeg

I came up with a fun snail themed set that I think would be pretty cool to have in the game! I didn’t sprite it, which I hope is ok. It’s just another goofy set that adds to the not so serious side of Terraria. There are notes in the picture about things like glow masks and stuff, the spiral might look cool if it had one. Good luck to everyone in the competition, and thank you to everyone on the dev for doing something like this! Terraria has been a huge part of the growth of my imagination when I was younger, and I still play it all the time because of how it inspires creativity. The fact that you’re giving everyone in the community a chance to have something of theirs put into the game is just awesome! It really just shows how much you all care about the community. Once again, good luck to everyone!

Basically I have a character called Stardew I won in an old contest from way back when that I have the rights to. I use them a lot but I'd love to see a vanity set based around their design. I'm horrible at drawing so I'll attach the original drawing of Stardew here and a really rough version of a way the skin could look in game. I have used the fox set as a base for it since I'm not any good at pixel art either but I've tried my best to change how it looks.

Good Luck everyone!

Attachments

• Stardew Terraria.png
    Stardew Terraria.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Stardew Allyyes.jpg
    Stardew Allyyes.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 92
You've reached the end of your journey.
Nine long years have passed since the beginning.
It's time to come to a close, and get everything settled once and for all.

True Terrarian Robe
true_terrarians_robe.png
drawing.png

Head: True Terrarian Mask
Head piece is comprised of two parts: the first part is a mask that resembles Moon Lord's True Eye of Cthulhu, and the second part are the lunar fragments around the head. Ideally, they slowly circle around the player's head!

Torso: True Terrarian Robe
Torso piece is the standard robe, colored in shades of luminite: mostly brown and gray, with streaks of emerald green weaved throughout the fabric. Some of the parts, like shoulder pieces and the belt are intended to shine like a diamond lumnite bar!

Legs: True Terrarian Leggings
Leg piece are the leggings, colored to match the robe. Very similar to the robe. Pretty standard.
It's pretty boring, but most robes don't even have leg pieces.

You're looking at the last chapter.
The journey was full of exploration and excitement. But now, it must come to an end.
But before we can close the book, we revisit it again, one last time.
Especially if Moon Lord's lower part is now a boss, too.

drawing2.png

Aight so i'll drop that here
undead gunslinger.png

Maybe it isn't the best pixel art but the idea still, so the vanity name its undead gunslinger and its an undead gunslinger.
Hat.png-Headpiece: Undead gunslinger hat (yeah I'm so bad with names)
The wisp flames Glow on the dark (just like Loki's set eyes does).
Jaket.png -Chestpiece: Undead gunslinger coat.
Same as the hat, the wisp flame glows in the dark.
Pants.png-Leggings: Undead gunslinger pants.
Just a pants with a gun holder

I hope all of you like it (at least the idea) ;)

The Unfortunate Adventurer / The Git Gud Vanity

A poor hero who had it very rough in the mines, several of his foes have taken lodge on him and are trying to devour his flesh! Includes:

- A mimic which devoured the player's entire head (could potentially have a chomping animation while moving).
- A cave bat which bit the player's shoulder
- A worm which bites at the player's leg
-Arrows sticking out of the player's back
- Slime gooping off the player's arm

Obtaining ideas: Master mode exclusive?, fitting with the "git gud" theme. Or perhaps crafted from drops of the enemies featured on the vanity set.

gitgud.png

AUTOMATON
===========================================================================================================================
Backstory

Kidnapped long ago by the Lunatic Cult and forced to build body parts for Cthulhu, the Mechanic endured many lonely years locked away in a dungeon. Isolation and mistreatment wore on her psyche, slowly driving her mad. After each failed experiment, she would suffer untold horrors from her captors. While recovering from a particularly debilitating punishment, she envisioned a helper. Someone...or something...that could work along side her. An ally that could ease her miserable plight.

And so, using spare bits and parts, the Mechanic built Automaton. An organic robot that would serve as companion and helper. Disguised as rotten flesh over a disabled skeleton, Automaton remained hidden. A secret success resembling yet another failure. However, its presence gave the Mechanic the strength she needed to continue her work.

All went well, until the Lunatic Cult discovered Automaton’s existence. In their greed and desire to complete the task of rebuilding Cthulhu, they ordered the Mechanic to destroy her creation and use its core to build Cthulhu’s brain. With no other option, the Mechanic acquiesced, promising to corrupt her creation and use it for their fallen master.

Unable to make the sacrifice, and at the risk of her own physical and mental welfare, the Mechanic set Automaton free. But first, she made a few adjustments, equipping it with an extra arm and stinger for protection.

And now, Automaton searches Terraria for his creator.
=========================================================================================================================
Automaton’s Physical Appearance

The base chassis for Automaton is a combination of the finest metals found in all of Terraria. Only the best raw materials were used to rebuild Cthulhu. The mechanic melted down the leftovers and formed them into a mechanical skeleton. The skin was made from the most powerful elements of the Corruption and Crimson biomes, thus adding an element of bio-thermal luminescence to its appearance.

While creating and adding the extra appendage, the Mechanic was forced to use skin from other parts of Automaton. As a result, some of the bones and gears are visible.
============================================================================================================================
Automaton Design Modules

Automaton.PNG
20200413_162732_2.jpg

This is my submission for the contest:
Old Knights armor.png

JRR Tolkien said: "Part of the attraction of the L.R. is, I think, due to the glimpses of a large history in the background: an attraction like that of viewing far off an unvisited island, or seeing the towers of a distant city gleaming in a sunlit mist. To go there is to destroy the magic, unless new unattainable vistas are again revealed. Also many of the older legends are purely 'mythological', and nearly all are grim and tragic: a long account of the disasters that destroyed the beauty of the Ancient World."

So to get you invested and interested in a fictional world you can give the people lore, a glimpse of a long gone past for example. As a Dark Souls fan i would have wished for more cool lore entries in Terraria. This armor set is of course only a small thing but can add to the mysteriousness of the world of Terraria. This is the armor of an old knight, the wearer of the enchanted sword. You can buy it from the merchant after finding an enchanted sword shrine. The description says "Armor of a long fallen Champion". I made this set to achieve 2 things: Create a set that actually looks like a Knight armor and give the game some more mysteriousness: Who is this long gone Fighter and against what did he fight with such a (at least for pre-hardmode) strong weapon? A question never to be answered.

Terraria Sea Witch/Wizard Formal Garb
Garb for the witch or wizard with a passion for the sea.

Hello everyone! My name is Braedan (Bman for short) here with my sister Kaelin (KK for short) presenting to you our combined design of the Sea Witch/Wizard Formal Garb, for those witches and wizards who prefer to harness the powers of the ocean! I always loved the ocean biome of Terraria, featuring some of my personal favorite weapons (megashark) and bosses (Duke Fishron). Considering the surprising lack of vanity sets related to the ocean, we decided to hopefully contribute to addressing this, and maybe add another reason to build that 14th beach house. In any case, enough backstory, you came for our design after all didn't you?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Visual Representation (Illustrated by KK.) Possible In-Game Representation (Illustrated by Bman)
Terraria_Contest_SubmissionArt_Kaelin.jpg
Teraria_Contest (hat).png
Teraria_Contest (shirt).png
Teraria_Contest (bottoms).png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
  • Golden chains and anchors may (if possible) swing while in motion
    • Ribbons may also blow in the wind
  • Dyes may change ribbon color, unless a strong dye is used, in which entire outfit changes color
  • This design is strictly for showcase. (which is the point but I thought I'd emphasize it) I'm sure professionals can do a much better job translating my sister's wonderful work
  • While full set animations are not required, a glitter or bubble effect (or both) may add to the theme.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Thoughts (Bman): While our design entry may be cutting it close to the deadline, but hopefully that doesn't prove an issue. Good luck to everyone who has already entered, and good luck to those still working to get their entry in before the final deadline!
Final Thoughts (KK): I apologize for submitting our work so late, but we worked very hard on our designs and hope you enjoy them. Good luck to everyone else running!! Also, please refrain from screenshotting our work or reposting it of any sort (unless you area a part of the developing team). Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom