Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A8830244-2E13-41B5-AC2A-706E245B2317.jpeg

I call it the plague doctor set, but the name is up to you. Basically the idea is an outfit that completely covers the body to protected from the plague.

Last edited:
So I decided to make a Party Bunny Costume!! They're so cute, so what could be cuter than looking like one?? Hope you guys like it though :) !!!
Party Bunny Costume Final.PNG

Chaos Set:

I felt like the game needed even more lovecraftian stuff, so I decided to add in a creepy one now.

The chaos set is basically a 3 part set that is supposed to look like a tentacle head with a big open mouth, the design is inspired by H.P Lovecraft's Nyarlathotep ( One of its names is "The Crawling Chaos", which is the inspiration for the set name), the reference is clear but the design is not trademarked as far as I'm concerned. The legs are like the creeper costume legpart as in it changes the "default" walking animation, it's a bunch of tentacles essentially, so they could look similar to the Lamia legpart.
Chaos Set (Male) (1).png
Chaos Set (Male) (1).png

I'm pretty late here, and I didn't have that much experience with pixel art, so I just wanted to participate since it's a one in a lifetime opportunity.

Thanks for the attention whoever is reading this, even if the set does not make it into the game, it was fun making the sprite, and more importantly, it was fun to watch this game's growth since 2013, good luck to everyone participating. o/

Hello, Re-Logic Team! Here is my submission.

His name is Vokayl Utir Perfect Dark (Vokayl - name, Utir - surname, Perfect Dark - nickname). Short name - Vokayl Utir PD. This is a time traveler from the distant 2,147,483,647. In the future, much has changed: the sun went out, and people were forced to develop exoskeletons with a life support system that are implanted in the nervous system and work on a special fluid that glows in the dark. Our hero decided to travel back to the distant past and start all over again..

I imagine that this set will be bright in the dark, like a Vortex Armor in vanity slots.

Vokayl Utir Perfect Dark
Full Set with Player.png

In the light

In the light.png

In the dark

In the dark.png

Attachments

• Helmet.png
    Helmet.png
    736 bytes · Views: 77
  • Torso.png
    Torso.png
    376 bytes · Views: 71
  • Pants.png
    Pants.png
    287 bytes · Views: 80
Hi, new user here.

I have a sibling who absolutely loves this game. Once they heard about the contest, they had to give it a shot.

For your consideration, their entry;

end.jpg

Cheers!

Frost Fire Set
This set is gained from crafting frost cores and frost fire blocks together.
Helmet= 1 frost core, and 20 frost fire blocks
Chestplate= 1 frost core, and 30 frost fire blocks
Leggings= 1 frost core, and 10 frost fire blocks

IMG_20200413_175544.jpg

Private Investigator

Torso:
Blue pinstriped sport coat with a black hooded sweat shirt underneath.

Legs:
Black pants with red canvas shoes.

possible weapon:
A silver m1911 that looks similar the Handgun, but is more powerful than the Phoenix Blaster.
terraria subimission.jpg

TerrariaSubmission.jpg

This is my idea. It's a kind of futuristic/mystical armor like Vanity Item. It's called Asalic's Sheathing of the Chaotic Realms. (By the way, I'm ok if you want to change the name.) I hope you like my design I worked really hard on it. I even compared the pixels of the in-game design to other armors and vanity items to make sure it fits in the game, although I did end up adding one pixel taller for the horn (sorry about that). If you do end up liking my design I can send you the other individual parts of the armor at my email: [email protected] or at the email my steam account is on.
I just gotta say this design took me way too long.

Last edited:
Untitled76_20200412203258.png

This one is named Dr. Pestilence! The design with the animal print and the name might be a little on the nose during this pandemic, but I like it!

For the head:

The plague doctor mask could (if possible) make the character's eye and hair visible. The face part of the mask is a dark black-navy, with the beak part of it a bright white-cyan, with the nostril part the same dark black-navy.

For the body:

A dark brown leather jacket with silver buttons. The hands are gloved, but in the drawing Dr. Pestilence isn't wearing them. The shirt is the same white-cyan as the beak, with a muted blue snow leopard pattern. There is also a small grey-blue belt that contains vials of red liquid. (It pictures a green one, but that's just for show.)

For the legs:

Grey-blue pants with light grey-cyan chains that wrap around the legs. Boots are an alligator print with the same muted blue, with ermine fur on the top of the boots with that has dark brown markings the same as the leather jacket.

This is a celebration of my Australian heritage. His head is a boomerang. His body is kangaroo. He has two legs but look at his big beefy tail. I love his tail because it is so big and beefy. Please consider my character for your PC game "Terraria" because if you don't I (and a great many many New Zealanders like me) will be very upset because this is very important to ALL OF US. When I was a little boy I was friends with a Kangarro. My parents told me I couldn't be friends with the Kangarro because I killed my goldfish, but I was friends with him anyway. When I was friends with him I told him that the only way that he could be even cooler is if his head was a boomerang. Sometimes I cry.

Attachments

• character.png
    character.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 98
Space Suit.png

This is the space suit it is consists of 3
Head/Torso/Leggings
It's obtainable via the clother when he has house at space or a sky island and it costs 5 gold each piece
And the ideam came to me after seeing one of devs suits and kinda re-drew it and and change a few little things

I didn't notice any entries of a simple bunny accessory set, so I made a very quick doodle in MSPaint of what the set would look like, complete with bunny ears, a tail, and slippers - for the head, torso, and legs respectively. By having these accessories added over the character's default hair and clothing, it may serve as an interesting alternative (and/or addition) to the bunny hood!
Katheryn's bunny set doodle.png

Although it's a quick doodle, I can take time to properly sprite it, if there happens to be enough interest for it. :happy:

This is my submission, the moon lords blessing.

terraria contest moon lord blessing.png

The head is suppose to look a lot like the mask the moon lord drops already, but the tentacles, eyes, and brain have a glow mask on them.

The torso includes the tentacles on the back, which have a glow mask on the ends, and the rib cage design.

Finally, the legs include the bone skirt, and the legs are space black with stars in them. (did not have enough time to include the stars)

Thank you for you consideration.

- Ectoplasm Armor -
Armor Showcase Cropped.png

"It Seems the souls trapped within create immense amounts of energy. I can make good use of this."
Ectoplasm Divider-1.png.png

Ectoplasm Armor Set-1.png (1).png

From left to right summoner, mage, warrior, ranger (I know this is a vanity contest but when I made them I themed them around the classes).
Ectoplasm Armor Full.gif

Animated example

EctoplasmHelm copy.png

Ectoplasm Helm
"By infusing the metal bars with ectoplasm I've created a face guard that can protect the wearer in any situation, but it seems I've given it too much ectoplasm and it is leaking out of the back in the shape of a still flame."

EctoplasmVisor copy.png

Ectoplasm Visor
"While pumping ectoplasm through a glass pane I discovered that looking through it allowed me to see any living beings clearly, even through walls. I took that idea and created a visor with a constant ectoplasm supply, and fit it to a helmet as a tool to help with exploration."

EctoplasmFluxCapacitor copy.png

Ectoplasm Flux Capacitor
"It seems ectoplasm can act as a brain stimulant, boosting cerebral powers beyond comprehension. By piping it directly into my brain I was able to perform magical feats far beyond what I thought I was capable of. It also helps with writing these research notes."

EctoplasmMask copy.png

Ectoplasm Mask
"When mixing some ectoplasm with the catalyst it seems to have formed a crystal like structure that attracts friendly creatures that seem to want to help me. By attaching it to this helmet I was able to command numerous creatures to aid me in combat."

EctoplasmGuard copy.png

Ectoplasm Guard
"While searching the dungeon for more ectoplasm I stumbled upon a gemstone that was leaking a large amount of ectoplasm, which I took home to study. After a long time looking into its properties I discovered I could use it as a fuel source for all of the other ectoplasm imbued armor pieces I had made, so I placed it into a chest-plate specifically designed for it. It now powers all of the armor pieces successfully but it has so much energy I had to let some of it leak out of the back, forming a sort of unmoving flame of pure ectoplasm."

EctoplasmGrieves copy.png

Ectoplasm Grieves
"By lining the bottom of the grieves in ectoplasm I am able to release the energy within it with each step, propelling me forward faster than I have ever traveled before, by foot that is."

Lore
I had just defeated the beast of the jungle, Plantera, and had brought the spoils of my fight home in order to sort through them and see what they were all capable of. Upon arriving home I was immediately approached by the dryad, who already knew I had slain the beast. She told me that she felt a blast of energy pass through the world when I had delivered the final blow and figured out that it had coalesced at the dungeon. She told me that she was unable to explore what had happened down there and tasked me with finding out what it was, and reporting back to her. She also knew that any materials I would find down there I would put to good use, so I took on her task and headed to the dungeon just after I finished sorting through Plantera's spoils. I could already tell the Dryad was right as I started my descent into the dungeon. The air around me felt colder than before, and it seemed as if I could feel an odd energy around me. As I delved deeper into the dungeon I began noticing new beings made of the old armor of paladins that no longer stood anymore trying to repel me from the dungeon. I slayed many and soon began to notice small ghostly beings coming from them and the other creatures of the dungeon. After slicing them apart I was able to collect the material they were made of, ectoplasm. I immediately gathered a large supply and headed home in order to test out what I could use it for. When I walked in the door the Dryad was waiting for me. I told her everything I found and she seemed to have an explanation for everything despite not having been down there at all, nor had she seen any of the things I had brought back. It stayed a mystery yet again how the Dryad knew so much about this world, but that was for another time. Instead of thinking about that I got to work making a plethora of inventions with this new material, including multiple headgears to assist me in different situations and a pair of grieves to allow me to quickly move about the world. I continued to use them but quickly ran out of the ectoplasm necessary to power them, so I traveled back to the dungeon in order to collect more. While I was gathering more ectoplasm I stumbled upon a strange gemstone made of pure ectoplasm, taking it and heading immediately home. I studied it for hours and finally figured out that it was an infinite supply of ectoplasmic energy. I then created a chest-plate with the gemstone slotted in the middle in order to power all of my ectoplasm armor without the need to go and collect more ectoplasm. Its strange properties have become a very useful addition to my arsenal. -mEkbOk

Extra Features
I wanted to add a glowing effect to the armor set where the ectoplasm would light up in dark places, brighter the more closer to white, but was unable to do so in the version that I made. A subtle particle effect while running is another option to add to the armor, like a few dots of ectoplasm being left behind as you run, staying in place for a short duration before disappearing. The spikes on the back are not wings and I would like them to disappear when wings are equipped and visible.
Crafting
The armor set would be either dropped rarely by boss bags (this is how I assume you would do most vanities added by this contest, like the dev armor sets), or crafted using ectoplasm, dungeon bricks, and an ectoplasm gemstone (found in the dungeon after defeating Plantera as a rare drop from dungeon spirits) for the chest-plate, and ectoplasm and dungeon bricks for the other pieces.

Video example of me using the vanity set in game. You can get it yourself from the Tmodloader mod browser by searching for EctoplasmArmor. I made the recipe one dirt block per armor piece to allow you to easily obtain and test it out.

Inspired by this sword I had created three years ago for the calamity mod that was never added.
Ectoplasm Sword-1.png.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom