Just wondering, why is Skeletron Prime considered so difficult?

Are you being sarcastic? It's hard to tell.

Either way, Fishron is much faster than any other boss and also hits MUCH harder. I can beat the Twins in seconds without moving, with top-tier equipment. I can't dream to do the same with Duke Fishron.
Hmmm...

Did you try the UP key in combination with the RIGHT key?

No?

If you stop focusing on gear requirements and start dodging bosses, they will become much easier. ESPECIALLY if they are Fishron, a boss who keep charging into where you were 5 seconds ago.

I thought it was easiest to kill the destroyer, then i think the twins were the hardest. To kill the destroyer I just got adamantite armor and spammed a cursed flames spell while inside a box. I think skeletron prime is in the middle of the mech bosses :p

False. The Twins is the easiest, followed by Skeletron Prime and finally the Destroyer.

Destroyer destruction 2.gif

It's funny because you stated your opinion like it was a fact.

By the way, yes that is over-geared. But I can't get the properly geared gif up, TCF says it's too large of a file size. I've done the exact same thing with Pre-Mech gear, just took a little longer.

Hmmm...

Did you try the UP key in combination with the RIGHT key?

No?

If you stop focusing on gear requirements and start dodging bosses, they will become much easier. ESPECIALLY if they are Fishron, a boss who keep charging into where you were 5 seconds ago.

If you keep telling people to travel one direction with the gravitation potion, no one is going to take you seriously. What you do isn't dodging bosses, moreso staying away from them so they can't attack you much at all.

View attachment 8511

It's funny because you stated your opinion like it was a fact.

By the way, yes that is over-geared. But I can't get the properly geared gif up, TCF says it's too large of a file size. I've done the exact same thing with Pre-Mech gear, just took a little longer.

If you keep telling people to travel one direction with the gravitation potion, no one is going to take you seriously. What you do isn't dodging bosses, moreso staying away from them so they can't attack you much at all.
Destroyer is hard because of the laser spam, which is actually hard to dodge.

Yes, but even with Wings, it is very easy to dodge the projectiles of the Twins.

Destroyer is hard because of the laser spam, which is actually hard to dodge.
Did you just disregard that gif completely out of deference to your "facts"?

Destroyer and EoW are the two bosses that can be taken down real quickly with enough preparation, literally in seconds. Of course, this applies to all PHM bosses with HM gear, but Destroyer is pretty much the only HM boss that can be cheesed in 3 seconds flat. No other HM bosses can actually be killed with such ease. If you fight all HM bosses all together with the best gear or over the top arena, more likely than not Destroyer will get destroyed first not because you were aiming for it, but because the segments give a rise to your total DPS against it.

Here's something to prove my point:
As you can see, the Destroyer is the first to go down at mark 0:45. Also, from that one can actually conclude that all bosses can be trivialized, not just Destroyer. You can make any boss easy with preparation. That doesn't mean you can just disregard anyone's opinion on which is stronger/weaker and call them false.

Potions: mana+health regen, thorns, magic power potion
Weapons: magic daggers
Helpful things, star power band ( 20 mana) band of regeneration and philosopher stone.

Kills mech skeletron in minutes, I also like to use the through and through caves you find carved in the landscape, jump up and around to avoid his many arms, the potion are also important and my armour is only adamantite. I rarely lose half my extra life ( the gold hearts)

then theres us who dosent care about time. i killed it in 5 secs? ok i dont care. just gives me an oppurtunity to get more money. i like a challenge so all i use is well fed and im good. ice sickle for twins and destroyer, light disc for prime. range is easier since no need to stay close. mage is just if i dont feel like a challenge at the time. i once took almost a whole night to kill primmie with the sickle and it was fun. using buffs is for minimum gear or just simplicity.

He has a tons of ways to attack and it's defensive mode thing, you'll be screwed there. I would judge the the mechanical bosses when you have atleast adamantite/titanium (depending on your world)
adamantite= corruption
titanium= crimson

Maybe it's because you were really overpowered while fighting him. Which I don't believe makes him hard. Even if I use no arena, potions,have mithril armour and a phoenix blaster, I still consider him the easier boss of the three.
The damn vice, though. It always gets me for some reason. The laser is rather sloppy, the bombs he shoots or hilariously useless, and the saw is less... homing, then the vice, in my opinion.
Dunno. He's by far the easiest for me, with The Destroyer ranking seconds and The Twins first...

In my playthrough using titanium armour, platforms in the sky, wings, pumpkin pie and orichalum repeater with the arrows the arm dealer sells I beat him first try

The thing is, he/she/it has a potential to do an insane amount of damage in theory. If you get lucky, he's a joke. If you don't, he's a :red:ing nightmare.

#hisevery:red:ingattackhitme

No idea on my end on how Skeletron Prime could EVER be less difficult than the rest.

Opinion: The Twins -> Destroyer -> Prime

I found the Twins to be trivial, if adrenaline-inducing.​

All I needed was a CAR loaded with Cursed Bullets (Shiny and deadly, you can also use Party Bullets if you're poor) and a pair of Harpy Wings.

Then, with a Magic Harp and an appropriate arena, I obliterated the Destroyer with severe ease.

Then, I craft a Megashark, load it with Crystal Bullets, farm for souls and finally make the skull... Then I'm destroyed. Again. And again. And again.

I just don't get it. Prime's more mobile than the Destroyer, can hit much more accurately, and cannot be outrun, unlike the Twins.
I then search up that which is Chlorophyte, Post-Plantera and all that... and I finally find that it is in comparison insultingly easy.

Why on Earth would Terraria need a difficulty spike before a downward spiral?

No idea on my end on how Skeletron Prime could EVER be less difficult than the rest.

Opinion: The Twins -> Destroyer -> Prime

I found the Twins to be trivial, if adrenaline-inducing.​

All I needed was a CAR loaded with Cursed Bullets (Shiny and deadly, you can also use Party Bullets if you're poor) and a pair of Harpy Wings.

Then, with a Magic Harp and an appropriate arena, I obliterated the Destroyer with severe ease.

Then, I craft a Megashark, load it with Crystal Bullets, farm for souls and finally make the skull... Then I'm destroyed. Again. And again. And again.

I just don't get it. Prime's more mobile than the Destroyer, can hit much more accurately, and cannot be outrun, unlike the Twins.
I then search up that which is Chlorophyte, Post-Plantera and all that... and I finally find that it is in comparison insultingly easy.

Why on Earth would Terraria need a difficulty spike before a downward spiral?

You're having trouble against prime with a crystal bullet megashark? Unless the rest of your gear is really bad, that's all you; not the boss being super difficult.

Try using the melee set if survivability is really difficult for you, an anti-knockback shield, survival accessories, and always keep moving and dodging. A crystal bullet megashark should provide plenty of DPS to take him out before dawn without much range boosting gear. Also, get an ice feather; frozen wings are better than harpy.

Oh, and although you might not be able to outrun him exactly, it's not very difficult to circle around him.

Back
Top Bottom