tModLoader Kalciphoz's RPG Mod

Hi, I love this mod so far and can't wait to go further with it but I have been wondering for a little while, is there a level cap to this mod?
I have checked the wiki page and it's a little less informative than I would have liked.

Hi, I love this mod so far and can't wait to go further with it but I have been wondering for a little while, is there a level cap to this mod?
I have checked the wiki page and it's a little less informative than I would have liked.

Here's some info, straight from analyzing the latest version's (1.2.1) source code:

Enemy HP formula

EnemyMaxHP = DefaultEnemyMaxHP * (EnemyLevel / 30 + 0.4 + PlayerLevel/40).

Enemy Level

EnemyLevel(Expert Mode) = Min[(EnemyDamage + EnemyDefense * 4)/3 , 110 (120 if boss)]
EnemyLevel(Normal Mode) = Min[(EnemyDamage *2 + EnemyDefense * 4)/3 , 110 (120 if boss)]

In other words, Enemy Level is capped at 110 (120 for bosses).

Procedural Weapon Drops

Green Slime procedural weapon drop chance is 1/22 (~4,55%), always a Generic-Themed (themes are sword weapon GFX groups) Sword, with a 25% chance of having an accent (little gem on the GFX tip, I guess).

Blue Slime procedural weapon drop chance is 1/30 (~3,33%), always a Generic-Themed Sword, with a 33,3% chance of having an accent.

• If not a Green or Blue Slime, procedural weapon drop chance is as follows:
-For Player Levels lower than 5, any enemy has a 1/6 (~16,7%) chance of dropping a weapon.

-For Player Levels between 5 and 9, any enemy has a 1/9 (~11,11%) chance of dropping a weapon.

-For Player Levels higher than 9, any enemy has a 1/21 (~4,8%) chance of dropping a weapon.

-The weapon generated has a 1/6 (~16,7%) chance of being a Ranged Weapon, a 2.5/6 (~41,7%) chance of being a Sword, and the same 2.5/6 (~41,7%) chance of being a Staff. GFX themes based on current biome (Ranged weapons have no GFX themes).

-If the above dice rolls did not generate a weapon, then glyph drop chance is 2,5% (effectively, it is actually a little lower since it is the chance of NOT getting a drop from the above times 2,5%). A random glyph type is generated for every drop, so 33,3% chance.

-If all above rolls failed, the enemy name ends with "Eye", and Player Level is below 20, then you get an additional roll with a 1/21 (~4,8%) chance of getting a Monstrous-Themed Sword (with a 50% chance of a accent), and a 5/84 (~5,95%) chance of getting a Generic-themed Sword (without accent).
Experience Gain Formula

EnemyExperience = random(0, (EnemyMaxHP + DefFactor) / 5) + (EnemyMaxHP + DefFactor) / 6

Where DefFactor = EnemyDefense * EnemyMaxHP / (PlayerLevel + 10) or 1, if enemy has a negative defense.

EnemyExperience is halved for Expert Mode.

Leveling Formula

NeededXP is how much XP you need to get to the next Level.

-If Player Level is below 5: NeededXP = 80 + level * 20.
-If Player Level is between 5 and 9: NeededXP = level * 40.
-If Player Level is between 10 and 162: NeededXP = 280 * 1.09^(level - 5) + (3 * level).
-If Player Level is 163 or higher: NeededXP = 2,000,000,000 - 288,500,000,000 / level.

In other words, there is no level cap for players.

Last edited:
can anyone help me with this errors?
i never have this issues before with Kalciphoz's Mods

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    409.1 KB · Views: 377
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    61.4 KB · Views: 284
can anyone help me with this errors?
i never have this issues before with Kalciphoz's Mods

I could be wrong but...
From your error log, there seems to be no reference to the mod.
Sounds like your game may have some corrupted files.

Issues Found :
- Spells from other players do not show up in Multiplayer
- Thorium does not interact well with the mod (inspiration notes are not treated like health and mana drops but instead separate items)
- Procedurally generated staves do not work in both singleplayer and multiplayer
- Interface still causes items to be used unintentionally
- Auto select (default Shift) on the hotbar clips out of the window

Personal Issues :
- Seeing the hotbar and life/mana switching places is hard to get used to, would prefer if there was a UI customization option

I've registered just to say that this mod is completely awesome, and I've been playing it for a while.
Now on my second playthrough, I've started mixing multiple mods, one of which is Thorium.

I wonder, is there will be a fix for Inspiration Note being picked up into inventory? I'd really like to play both mods, they're awesome.
It's been a long time since it's been reported: https://github.com/Kalciphoz/kRPG/issues/6

I don't want to disable multiple paging inventory, it's quite handy to have.

Can someone, tell me how the :red: to turn off explosive enemies? I can't kill the easiest boss in the game because eater of worlds parts become explosive and can deal upto an entire healthbars worth of damage.

Can someone, tell me how the :red: to turn off explosive enemies? I can't kill the easiest boss in the game because eater of worlds parts become explosive and can deal upto an entire healthbars worth of damage.
I feel your pain, bro. Take a guess how early meteor digging feels.

Wow. This looks really nice.
How long has this been in development? The interface looks very well polished! Kudos for that.
Did you hit any bumps on the way to proper damage scaling on enemies? Projectiles seem particularly tricky.

Open source, huh? I haven't seen an rpg mod go open source before, so that's pretty neat.
I would do it for my mod, but I wouldn' be able to take the ridicule for my coding style and bad practices.

As a fellow rpg mod dev, I'd love to see how this will go. Best of luck to you!
will this conflict with terraria overhaul?

Aihakaiha, i have done that, i wouldn't be complaining if i hadn't done everything i could up to that point. The problem is him getting too close. I cannot risk touching him at all because of most of his parts being explosive due to the mod. I also cant build very high to cheese him because i am out of the biome and he will despawn. I had been in a fight with him that many times that i had the shadow armour before i had even defeated him. I have killed the eye of Cthulhu, and i have killed Skeletron, i just can't kill the Eater because he is explosive so please, don't act like it's so easy when you haven't even gotten to that point of the game.

How do you upgrade stuff? It says you right click on an anvil, but this doesn't work for me. Is it a special kind of anvil?

I get this error when hitting any enemy from the old ones army, it only happens with them

Attachments

• Error Report When facing Old One's Army.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 209
For some reason, Items stop dropping from enemies after level 35, any reasons to this?
I needed more glyphs so I had to make a new character for that.

Hello, i have a small problem. Im currently playing a world with a set of few mods (Kalciphoz's RPG mod, Overhaul, Yet another boss healthbar, Item checklist, Boss checklist, Autotrash, Health and mana from bosses, Useful NPCs, No angler quest limit, No more tombs and Full health respawn). And im having a little issue. When i die, it will type a wierd message into chat: Object reference not set to an instance of an object (and some very long gibberish which says something about line 593 and 28). This happens everytime i die. And another message in chat pops up randomly: you have gone out of bounds for array. It is really annoying when those messages appear. Can someone pls help me with this? If you nees more details, just let me know.

Hello, i have a small problem. Im currently playing a world with a set of few mods (Kalciphoz's RPG mod, Overhaul, Yet another boss healthbar, Item checklist, Boss checklist, Autotrash, Health and mana from bosses, Useful NPCs, No angler quest limit, No more tombs and Full health respawn). And im having a little issue. When i die, it will type a wierd message into chat: Object reference not set to an instance of an object (and some very long gibberish which says something about line 593 and 28). This happens everytime i die. And another message in chat pops up randomly: you have gone out of bounds for array. It is really annoying when those messages appear. Can someone pls help me with this? If you nees more details, just let me know.

I also keep getting these messages, I think it's the mod not loading correctly because it is not on the latest version of tmodloader. It's also probably some sprite or item not loading.
[doublepost=1533716787,1533716661][/doublepost]
hello, i ran into some bus, the Sell Slot mod doesn't appear ingame when i use krpg and the Auto Trash slot doesn't appear either (auto trash is a mod).
also when i reforge items i can't get the old vanilla reforges :( only waterproof / brutal and so on and they look weak/weird? how can i add the old modifiers? like legendary/menacing etc
You need to close the crafting grid to buy and sell

Yeah well, i have updated the Tmodloader to the latest version (0.10.1.5 i hope) and all the mods seems to be up to date as well. I want to get rid of that because it sometimes causes a massive lag and that's seriously damn annoying.

Back
Top Bottom