PC Killing Skeletron Prime.

Okay, so today I managed to kill Skeletron Prime. Ridiculously difficult. I decided to make a guide because I felt extremely accomplished and thought I should share my method with the community. I'll be taking my sweet, sweet time to spend the souls of fright, 'cuz I can guarantee I won't be fighting him again anytime soon.

Gear
During the battle, I didn't use any melee weapons. Letting Prime get too close will do a lot of damage to you. I use quite a variety of armour, but in my opinion, Cobalt/Palladium armour is good enough for Skeletron Prime. Either way, I used a Hallowed Mask, an Orichalcum Breastplate, some Hallowed Greaves and I also had a Jetpack, a Ranger Emblem, (more ranged damage) and finally, I had Flesh Knuckles. (They don't do much to help with battling, but they up my defense by 7, despite drawing mobs to me). I used a Megashark with silver bullets to hit Skeletron Prime. If you don't have a Megashark, a Clockwork Assault Rifle will do just fine, or a Shadowflame Bow.

Tactic
To actually fight Skeletron Prime, I had an Asphalt Skybridge (a 500-600 block long bridge, made of Asphalt to make me go super fast). I would run left or right from the boss, whilst simultaneously using the Megashark to hit him. If I ended up at the end of my Skybridge, I would quickly fly right over Skeletron Prime and then begin going the other way. In my opinion, it's alot better to go for the head rather than wasting time hitting his limbs, the head will end the fight faster. I had Greater Healing Potions to restore 150 health, I only had to heal once, though. To conclude, I also used Nimbus Rods when I was low on health, so Skeletron Prime was still being hurt, though I was able to heal. Also, my Optic Staff helped (summons The Twins to fight), by shooting/biting at Skeletron Prime.

Thanks for reading!
Warning: this guide isn't 100% guaranteed to help you win, it's just what I found to be effective. I know there are other alternatives in armour and weapons, so please don't treat this guide as a professional walkthrough, I'm still relatively new to the game myself. This guide is based on my personal knowledge/opinions.

Some of my tips:
-Use full hallowed armor (Destroyer is ez to farm)
-OH MY GOSH don't use silver bullets! Crystal, cursed, or ichor are much better!
-Set-and-forget magic weapons such as Nimbus Rod or Clinger Staff help a lot
-MINIONS! SENTRIES! Every damage source is invaluable!

Back
Top Bottom