Weapons & Equip King wings

Critical moose

Eye of Cthulhu
Yes I know there are mounts that give infinate flight, but if I didn't have to use a mount for infinate flight, I wouldnt. What if I wanted infinate flight, but also wanted the freedom and speed the cosmic car key doesn't give you.

This would be an endgame mega-accessory and would essencially just be all the wings with the exception of developer wings and would be crafted at the tinkerers workshop. It would give you infinate flight with the ability to hover and possibly slowfall. (This would be pressing up + over possibly)

This came to mind because I have a friend who has been playing since 1.1 but only plays after an update comes out. We had just made the final wings and he asked "do they let you fly forever?" And I had to tell him no. This made me think. You have already beaten the Moon Lord so why can you only fly forever if you have a mount that you can get before even fighting pillars?

Other reasons it should be in the game:

1. It wouldn't be overpowered because it uses all the wings to craft. And four wings require you to defeat ML.
2. It's a pun. That is reason enough.

If you wanted to make othe mid-way accessories, so that the recipe wouldn't literally be all the wings at once, then it would be four groups of five and each one would contain one of the four endgame wings to restrict when you can make them.

Sorry for any spelling errors. I'm on mobile.

This is still overpowered don't you think? Infinite flight is a bit too much in this world. There are a LOT more things you can do after you beat the Moon Lord. You may want to tune down the crafting and the wing recipe for it to actually work.

This is still overpowered don't you think? Infinite flight is a bit too much in this world. There are a LOT more things you can do after you beat the Moon Lord. You may want to tune down the crafting and the wing recipe for it to actually work.

Infinate flight is obviously not too much when you have two mounts that give you infinate flight. This one even takes up an accessory slot! I'm thinking they should even do more than infinate flight... Hm...

I see where you're coming from, a little bit, but it has been said in the past (and i mostly agree) that rarity does NOT justify power. That crafting recipe is ridiculous, and it does nothing to help the fact that this thing is really OP.

Also, how is King Wings a pun? I dont get it.

Infinate flight is obviously not too much when you have two mounts that give you infinate flight. This one even takes up an accessory slot! I'm thinking they should even do more than infinate flight... Hm...
Actually, it doesn't matter if two mounts have infinite flight because the two mounts are balanced. Like storm and Baconfry said: Rarity does not justify power. This doesn't even have a slight chance in the game because it is also not balanced.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that, but stop saying rarity justifies power. Getting all the wings would take more than luck. It would take determination. That is a lot of souls of flight, luminite, and 1/100 drops. Even if you got lucky with the latter, it still takes time to get the former.

This is balanced because by this point, you don't need anything. Anything at all. You have already gotten everything you need. All infinite flight would do is save blocks and time. One of the main things people do at this point is build and I know this would help a lot of people out. And obviously, red is ok with infinite flight if there are multiple mounts that grant the user that very thing.

And I didn't mean pun. I should change that. I meant to say it rhymed and I thought it was kinda funny.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that, but stop saying rarity justifies power. Getting all the wings would take more than luck. It would take determination. That is a lot of souls of flight, luminite, and 1/100 drops. Even if you got lucky with the latter, it still takes time to get the former.

This is balanced because by this point, you don't need anything. Anything at all. You have already gotten everything you need. All infinite flight would do is save blocks and time. One of the main things people do at this point is build and I know this would help a lot of people out.

And I didn't mean pun. I should change that. I meant to say it rhymed and I thought it was kinda funny.

K then... I can now have 999999999999999999999999999999999999 health at the end of the game since its balanced?! Makes no sense. And it is true that R does not J P.
Sorry if rude

K then... I can now have 999999999999999999999999999999999999 health at the end of the game since its balanced?! Makes no sense. And it is true that R does not J P.
Sorry if rude

1. I never said that you could have infinite health.
2. I know that rarity does not justify power. Why do you think Red made it so you couldn't open the biome chests until after plantera?
3. There are items that give you infinite flight. There are NOT any items that give you infinite health.

1. I never said that you could have infinite health.
2. I know that rarity does not justify power. Why do you think Red made it so you couldn't open the biome chests until after plantera?
3. There are items that give you infinite flight. There are NOT any items that give you infinite health.
Yes I know, but at least the items that give you infinite flight are balanced. There is at least one goal when you are done with moon lord A.K.A new playthrough.

Look at the drill mount. To make it you use hundreds of bars that can range from hard to get to really hard to get. However, all that work pays off when you can melt through the world like butter.

Look at the drill mount. To make it you use hundreds of bars that can range from hard to get to really hard to get. However, all that work pays off when you can melt through the world like butter.
That's because it is much easier to get then your suggestion :/
Redigits wings will take a crap ton of bags to get.

Yes I know, but at least the items that give you infinite flight are balanced. There is at least one goal when you are done with moon lord A.K.A new playthrough.

Some people don't immediately start new playthroughs. And the only thing different about the mount that gives you infinite flight and the wings is that one is a mount. That is the only difference. Why does making them into wings which would take up an accessory slot be overpowered? At this point, they seems underpowered.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439648754,1439648694][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's because it is much easier to get then your suggestion :/
Redigits wings will take a crap ton of bags to get.

And I said with the exception of the developer's wings.

It is not underpowered, in fact, it is at least better than the last prism. I mean, infinite flight and a crap ton of speed? Moon Lord got no chance of catching up. If you say he could teleport, he would only have barely enough time to hit you. Moon Lord is still a challenge if you are careless. Mounts are no longer useful due to the wings agility and speed. And the last prism consume mana at a VERY fast rate.

It seems there is no point in arguing with you, so I will leave this be. But I would like to say that your statement of "Underpowered" is 100% wrong.

Last edited:
The endgame items this game gives you are much more powerful than infinite flight. This item would be fine. Maybe even tone down the crafting recipe.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439649037,1439648891][/DOUBLEPOST]
It is not underpowered, in fact, it is at least better than the last prism. I mean, infinite flight and a crap ton of speed? Moon Lord got no chance of catching up.

It seems there is no point in arguing with you, so I will leave this be. But I would like to say that your statement of "Underpowered" is 100% wrong.

Moon lord can catch up because he can teleport. Also, you have already killed the moon lord numerous times. You won't need to run away from him. You can solo him with the gear you get very easily. So I would like to say that your statement of it being overpowered is 100% wrong.

And the last prism is definitely better because the last prism can kill a green slime. The wings can't. You are comparing apples to oranges.

I don't support the recipe, it takes far too many souls of flight. I do support infinite flight though, Reds Wings worked in console for years without ruining the game. It just helped people have fun with their friends.

Actually, it doesn't matter if two mounts have infinite flight because the two mounts are balanced. Like storm and Baconfry said: Rarity does not justify power. This doesn't even have a slight chance in the game because it is also not balanced.
They're also much slower than wings of the same tier.

I don't support the recipe, it takes far too many souls of flight. I do support infinite flight though, Reds Wings worked in console for years without ruining the game. It just helped people have fun with their friends.

Yeah the recipe is a little up in the air as long as you can only get it after noon lord.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439681115,1439681027][/DOUBLEPOST]
They're also much slower than wings of the same tier.

Yes but the wings of the same tier don't offer infinite flight and they take up an accessory slot. Infinite flight is balanced at this point in the game whether you like it or not, because when you have beaten the final boss multiple times, it doesn't matter how long you can fly.

Yeah the recipe is a little up in the air as long as you can only get it after noon lord.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439681115,1439681027][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes but the wings of the same tier don't offer infinite flight and they take up an accessory slot. Infinite flight is balanced at this point in the game whether you like it or not, because when you have beaten the final boss multiple times, it doesn't matter how long you can fly.
What about every wing material (broken bee wing, butterfly dust, broken bat wing, etc.)

I support this suggestion, I have always wanted infinite flight without having to use clumsy mounts. I think this suggestion is balanced because it is obtained post-moonlord, (which is effectively endgame), so there are no challenges that can be cheesed now that couldn't before. The only thing i would change is maybe adding enough luminite that requires moonlord to be killed several times.

Back
Top Bottom