Mobile Larger Worlds Coming to Mobile Terraria & a Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

505Games-Mobile

Developer
505 Games
Worlds2.png

Hello everyone-

We will just let the picture above mostly speak for itself....but just so there is no confusion:
  • Normal = Current Mobile Terraria worlds (1750x900 blocks)
  • Expanded = Similar to "Small" Worlds on PC Terraria (4200x1200 blocks)
  • Do note that devices with <1GB of RAM may experience some performance issues with the larger worlds - so caveat emptor in advance.
Expanded worlds will also sort out some of the "interesting" worldgen quirks that existed on mobile to-date due to "overcrowding" of biomes.

kdcROYP.png

HELP WANTED: CRASH TEST TERRARIANS

We have also been hard at work on bugs – with a heavy focus on crashes. We have been able to track some of the more widespread ones down to a good degree, but we could use your help in accelerating the process. Basically, we want you to try some things and see if you can reproduce the crash. Basically, we can tell what house the criminal is in….but not yet which room. We will eventually find it anyway, but you can help us find it faster – if that makes sense? Anyway, here goes:

We have a specific crash on iOS and Android which is responsible for 41% of the overall crashes in the current live builds. It occurs across multiple devices/specs. What we need to do is find solid reproduction steps.

It's likely related to the inventory, as some player actions is triggering a GetType exception, and our best guess is that is has something to do with armor - opening your inventory and changing armor sets, probably with armor from chests. We can't find exact repro steps however, just where its crashing via the logs. Basically the crash appears to happen when changing armor using chests. If we could find solid 100% reproduction steps it would speed things up greatly.

Can you help us find the culprit faster? :)

kdcROYP.png

WP and Amazon, we have not forgotten about you - progress has continued behind the scenes, and our hope (fingers crossed!) is to be able to bring this to everyone around the same time.

Our target is to get all of this out in the near future - say in the next 6-8 weeks or so. We will keep everyone up to speed on timing of course as we know more.

Thanks for your support and we hope you are as excited as we are about larger worlds!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow....that's something people have wanted for a LONG time. Never thought I would see the day.

Maybe now some of that insane worldgen wackyness will go away......

Will this affect 3ds too? or only smartphones?

Good question. My GUESS based on reading all of the past threads and posts from @Deanzor is that it would be mobile only - with the possible future exception of New 3DS? Pretty sure 3DS only has 128MB RAM and N3DS only 256MB. Not sure how all of that would work - 505 would have to weigh in.

Seems really doubtful for old 3DS to me - but I'm no coder. :p

Good question. My GUESS based on reading all of the past threads and posts from @Deanzor is that it would be mobile only - with the possible future exception of New 3DS? Pretty sure 3DS only has 128MB RAM and N3DS only 256MB. Not sure how all of that would work - 505 would have to weigh in.

Seems really doubtful for old 3DS to me - but I'm no coder. :p

well i dont know about that, but my new 3ds is looking forward to it ;)
I enjoy Terraria more on my ds than on any other device.

Awesome! :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1455915837,1455915644][/DOUBLEPOST](this isn't pinned to the main page, not sure if its supposed to be or if im lagging, but just letting mods know if they didn't)

YES and hopefully us amazon users do get the update the same time as everyone else. because i find it funny how it has a hard time updating though amazons process even though its on amazons app store top ten paid for games. but nonetheless we hope to see that update soon :)

You know what would be nice ? 505/codeglue addressing the problem of the app purchased through the demo/trial(iap) after the 1.2.4 update as to why I have to be online(connected to wifi )to play the game I paid for several years back !
Little background : my device is a Nexus7 2013( a tablet not a phone) edition,updated to the latest OS Android 6.0.1 before the 1.2.4 update the game I purchased some while back performed as it should that is the game I purchased was able to be played while offline or on, now it's just a trial version while offline, did not have that problem before the 1.2.4 update,already submitted a ticket awhile back, was told recently it was a device problem and not a global problem with an app rifed with bugs and glitches from the beginning.
I'm not the only one with this problem at least 1 other on this forum has expressed the same problem

We have also been hard at work on bugs – with a heavy focus on crashes. We have been able to track some of the more widespread ones down to a good degree, but we could use your help in accelerating the process. Basically, we want you to try some things and see if you can reproduce the crash. Basically, we can tell what house the criminal is in….but not yet which room. We will eventually find it anyway, but you can help us find it faster
One of the bugs: The Calming Potion got the same effect as Battle Potion somehow.

This is awesome but I still wish there was an ability to move save data from different devices, like transferring my world character etc. from my old phone to new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom