tModLoader Legend of Terraria 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm... Jewel Casket can be used infinitely. Is this a bug? Black one works normally, but one, which drops from random mobs..... Version 1.0.3.

@Sapharan
Tell me, please, your mod have NPC with name "NPC_Succubus"? I try to create little mod and my town npc have this name. And one times my town NPC convert to Succubus from you mod! It's really scare me!

No, my mod doesn't have this name for npc. Actually, even if it did, it should not matter because it's different namespace. tModloader works that way that even if you have same name for items, npcs etc. it won't confuse them.

Also, i'll look into the casket issue. It wasn't infinite for me..

The regular casket is infinite for me as well. The interface kind of flickers when opening it but it doesn't remove it. The black casket works fine.

Where does one get the jewel sword? I got the little newspaper clipping talking about the sword but couldn't actually figure out where/how to get it >_> Bestiary doesn't mention a drop, I couldn't find it in any shops (even with 100 platinum and gems and gem gloves), there's no crafting recipe..

Try opening more jewel caskets. Unless that broke too or some reason.. ;/

I can confirm that the jewel casket bug is happening to me. Well, that's what i get for fidling iwth it right before update. Fix will appear shortly, and also some fixes to ther reported bugs.

Last edited:
UPDATE!

-Added 5 new mobs (Crimson Ghost, Green and Blue Dungeon Guardians, Skeleton Breeder, Une)
-Added 2 new items (Strawberry, Grapes)
-Cross-content [Thorium mod]: Added 4 new recipes for Geode using this mods gems
-Cross-content [Thorium mod]: Glistering Golem now drops this mods gems
-Ghosts eyes and other things now glow
-Projectile NPCs will no longer drop any loot added by this
-Nerfed slightly all Wolves
-Wolves now differ in size depending on their strenght
-Skeleton Farmer now spawns Une, and Boneyard dogs are now spawned by Skeleton Breeder instead
-all Schrats now appear when player has 120 or more max hp
-Skeleton Farmer now appear when player has 200 or more max hp
-reduced spawn rate of Wolves, Schrats and Zombie Goblin
-reduced Health of all cubes
-Fixed the bug where Jewel Caskets were infinite

Also available in Mod Browser again.

UPDATE!

-Added 5 new mobs (Crimson Ghost, Green and Blue Dungeon Guardians, Skeleton Breeder, Une)
-Added 2 new items (Strawberry, Grapes)
-Cross-content [Thorium mod]: Added 4 new recipes for Geode using this mods gems
-Cross-content [Thorium mod]: Glistering Golem now drops this mods gems
-Ghosts eyes and other things now glow
-Projectile NPCs will no longer drop any loot added by this
-Nerfed slightly all Wolves
-Wolves now differ in size depending on their strenght
-Skeleton Farmer now spawns Une, and Boneyard dogs are now spawned by Skeleton Breeder instead
-all Schrats now appear when player has 120 or more max hp
-Skeleton Farmer now appear when player has 200 or more max hp
-reduced spawn rate of Wolves, Schrats and Zombie Goblin
-reduced Health of all cubes
-Fixed the bug where Jewel Caskets were infinite

Also available in Mod Browser again.
yay, the spawnrates were such a hassle, and the wolfs, while not very damaging were a great annoyance to deal with, glad this stuffs fixed up now,
just to make sure though, is the hunters hood from this mod? if so, it has no crafting ingredients, which means as long as i stand at an anvil, i can make an infinite amount of them.

yay, the spawnrates were such a hassle, and the wolfs, while not very damaging were a great annoyance to deal with, glad this stuffs fixed up now,
just to make sure though, is the hunters hood from this mod? if so, it has no crafting ingredients, which means as long as i stand at an anvil, i can make an infinite amount of them.

Ok, this is weird, i haven't noticed it earlier. And it is more weird because item does have full recipe in my code..

EDIT: I have also updated Bestiary

Last edited:
UPDATE! (LUCKY FINISH)

-Luck will now slightly increase critical strike chance
-Lucky Clover bonuses changed, reduced negative effects from -10 to -7
-Fixed typo in Lucky Clover description

I have also updated slightly OP. I added few little pieces of information about some aspects of both mods.

I'm really suprised with this mod still having those spawning issues. I already lowered the spawn rates by 50% in this update. As for some mobs being after EoC, i consider only some of them, and maybe nerf a bit more rest of them. I will have a problem with wolves thou. Well, i would have to buff all stuff crafted from their remains.

As for wolves you encountered underground, can you point out wich wolves did you encounter? Because i don't have any wolves that could appear underground really.
Thanks for pointing those issues out, i will look even closer to them.

I made those recommendations after a full playthrough with your mod active (along with numerous others partially). The more I think about it, it should help matters quite a bit with simply spawning a number of your mobs later on (whether it be players at higher health, post-certain bosses, etc) without needing to make too many nerfs to them. That said, I'm glad you're willing to take things somewhat further in that direction looking at your latest update -- REALLY happy to see the changes to schrats and wolves. The other additions sound nice as well. Regardless, thanks for being receptive.

And apologies; I haven't played since Monday therefore cannot recall which wolf it was at this point (it was only one type I saw). But if I was to guess, it was the brown wolf. I'll try the update soon and let you know if I see any again.

Last edited:
I'd highly like to suggest a few changes. Shoggoth's spawn FAR too damn often, and didn't even drop any of it's items until post-Golem. They were highly infuriating when I was trying to craft items at spawn. Another change is the Lilims & it's variants causing the Lovestruck, etc debuff which inverted my controls. Even the Ankh shield did not help stop it, so that basically meant she was going to be a constant pain to deal with when going spelunking. If the Immunity to Confusion accessory + Ankh shield helped prevent the Lilims debuff, that'd be great. Also a nerf to how long it lasts would also be great, since it normally lasts 20 seconds...which is quite long. One last change I'd recommend is nerfing Amduscias's inferno attack. In the beginning of hardmode, they are next to impossible to deal with, and they still did a hefty chunk of damage late hardmode.

All of my criticisms are based off of two entire heavily modded expert multiplayer (4 players) runs, which cumulatively add up to ~80 hours in total, and are based off of my own experience.

I'd highly like to suggest a few changes. Shoggoth's spawn FAR too damn often, and didn't even drop any of it's items until post-Golem. They were highly infuriating when I was trying to craft items at spawn. Another change is the Lilims & it's variants causing the Lovestruck, etc debuff which inverted my controls. Even the Ankh shield did not help stop it, so that basically meant she was going to be a constant pain to deal with when going spelunking. If the Immunity to Confusion accessory + Ankh shield helped prevent the Lilims debuff, that'd be great. Also a nerf to how long it lasts would also be great, since it normally lasts 20 seconds...which is quite long. One last change I'd recommend is nerfing Amduscias's inferno attack. In the beginning of hardmode, they are next to impossible to deal with, and they still did a hefty chunk of damage late hardmode.

All of my criticisms are based off of two entire heavily modded expert multiplayer (4 players) runs, which cumulatively add up to ~80 hours in total, and are based off of my own experience.
i dont suppose the mobs were spawning near town NPC's?

That was fixed in the previous patch. I haven't encountered this happening any more than it does in vanilla since then.
i know it was fixed, i was wondering if the guy i replied to did too, since it seems like he may have an older version when he said thta shoggoths were annoying him "at his spawn".

i know it was fixed, i was wondering if the guy i replied to did too, since it seems like he may have an older version when he said thta shoggoths were annoying him "at his spawn".
Yes, my runs are from last week and beyond, nothing in the past few days. I guess that's no longer an issue then? I will report back someday if they end up spawning regardless of the new update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom