Game Mechanics Let's hear your best suggestions for seed combinations!

This would make the game literally unfun, not even just tedious, just unfun
How about:
ftw + gfb raises difficulty by two (like he said) but it’s callled: mythical mode.

enemy health is 10x more

all bosses and a few enemies have different ai, making them much more difficult

dart traps shoot fireballs, all boulders are shaped like blocks until they fall, so they are basically invisible. Natural pressure plates are invisible,
the only thing that can outrun the new WOF is the golf cart mixed with lightning boots.
you have to defeat all of moon lords eyes instead of just the three.
king slime gains ninja attacks (dashing twice back and forth at the player, sending out shockwaves from a samurai sword)
each boss drops a new kind of trophy, they glow pink and are light red.
there could be new mythical mode items, but maybe not

As you all might know by now, we are adding a new special seed selection menu that will allow you to combine the special seeds of your choosing.

View attachment 415396

Along with this change, we will be introducing special effects when you make specific combinations. We already have quite a few in-game, but now I want to hear from you! What are your best ideas for what these combined effects could be? A small example of what we have done so far is combining "The Constant" with "Celebrationmk10," which will start the player out in the center of the world again, while retaining most of the effects from "Celebrationmk10."

I'm looking specifically for changes to world generation and in-game mechanical changes, not extravagant additions like new bosses or overly complicated new items.

You can find a list of special seeds and what they do on the Official Terraria Wiki.

Let's hear your thoughts!
Combining the new Sky Block seed that starts you on an island, and Don't Dig Up to get a world where you start in an island in the center of the surface world with an ocean all around. Then maybe the gills potion, Neptune's shell or empty fish bowl could be obtained easier and allow you to progress in a world that is almost completely ocean.

Last edited:
Combining the new Sky Block seed that starts you on an island, and Don't Dig Up to get a world where you start in an island in the center of the surface world with an ocean all around. Then maybe the gills potion, Neptune's shell or empty fish bowl could be obtained easier and allow you to progress in a world that is almost completely ocean.
I’ve always wanted an ocean world, so yes I agree with this

I just had an idea for TheConstant NoTraps; instead of saying "It is very dark... You feel in danger..." when you go in the dark, it could say "It is very dark... You feel endangered!"
And then, a trap will generate nearby. This would be a reference to the Summon Trap spell in Castle of the Winds.

As you all might know by now, we are adding a new special seed selection menu that will allow you to combine the special seeds of your choosing.

View attachment 415396

Along with this change, we will be introducing special effects when you make specific combinations. We already have quite a few in-game, but now I want to hear from you! What are your best ideas for what these combined effects could be? A small example of what we have done so far is combining "The Constant" with "Celebrationmk10," which will start the player out in the center of the world again, while retaining most of the effects from "Celebrationmk10."

I'm looking specifically for changes to world generation and in-game mechanical changes, not extravagant additions like new bosses or overly complicated new items.

You can find a list of special seeds and what they do on the Official Terraria Wiki.

Let's hear your thoughts!
A randomized seed which had a 50% chance to change your weapons, buffs and armour every 5 minutes, also a 50% chance for a boss to spawn every 30 minutes.
(Edit)
You would only get weapons at your stage of the game. Only pre hardmode bosses will spawn in pre hardmode. The Wall Of Flesh and Moonlord Wouldn't randomly spawn.

Last edited:
The Constant + For the Worthy/Drunk World: Adds the sanity mechanic from Don't Starve. Things like being on the surface during the day, eating food, sleeping, wearing Garland, etc. increases sanity. Things like being underground, being near tombstones, being near a boss, being attacked by Charlie, etc. decreases sanity. As your sanity depletes the screen warps, eyes appear in the dark, and nightmare monsters begin to spawn.

Don't Dig Up + Drunk World: Flips the entire world upside down so the underworld is where space normally is and vice versa. You could make the player start at the top of the world in the underworld or at the bottom of the world on a sky island.

The Constant + Not the Bees: Not the Spiders. Turns the entire world into a spider nest. I remember someone else sharing this idea but I couldn't find it. If I do find it I'll link it here.

Celebrationmk10 + No traps: A world with actually no traps.

All the seeds together: Empty world. Combining all the seeds "breaks the game" and you end up with a completely empty world with no special traits. However, doing some sort of secret thing (for example, naming the world something specific) causes the world to inherit the traits from all the other secret seeds creating the ultimate sky-block challenge. We’re getting a sky block seed so this isn’t necessary
That's really great

How about you add a combination that makes the whole world corruption/crimson. It would be like you just went through the entire world spraying purple/red solution with the clentaminator but worse. Also, when the world enters Hardmode, it generates two strips of Hallow instead of one strip of Hallow and one strip of corruption/crimson. For Plantera, you would either make it so the bulbs can spawn on corrupt/crimson jungle grass or have it be required that you purify the jungle.

A secret seed which makes the world a massive dungeon that changes every time you die.
The dungeon would be split into 5 parts:
The overworld:
It would have a bright blue brick floor, no ceiling and rooms would be separated by small villages. The enemies for this level would be slimes, zombies, demon eyes, and any goblin. The boss for this stage would be 2 eyes of cthulu or a super-sized king slime.
The corruption and crimson:
It would have a crimstone and ebonstone floor with a stone ceiling. The enemies for this stage would be devourer, eater of souls, blood crawler, and face monster. The boss for this stage would be the brain of cthulu (that is already in its 2nd phase and spawning creepers) or an extra long eater of worlds.
Skeletron's dungeon:
It would just be skeletron's dungeon. The enemies would stay the same. The bosses would be skeletron (4 hands) and a heavily nerfed dungeon guardian or a heavily nerfed duke fishron.
Jungle dungeon:
It would just be the jungle dungeon.
The enemies would be the lizhards, giant tortoise, angry trapper, jungle bat and flying snake. The boss for this stage would be the golem (bullet hell) or plantera. (spawns a clone after entering phase 2)
Hell dungeon:
It would be a mix of the red and purple towers in hell. The enemies would be red devil, bone serpent, lava bat, tortured soul and mimics. The bosse for this stage would be empress of light (faster) or Betsy (bigger, faster, stronger)

That is all, thank you for reading and have a good day

For the worthy + No traps:

Half of the world's dart traps will be converted into venom dart traps upon entering hardmode.

Bomb statue traps are commonly generated.

Half of the world's ordinary boulder traps will be replaced with boulder statue traps upon generation.

There's a 33.3% chance dynamite will replace a bomb when breaking pots and shaking trees, and a 50% chance it'll be their bouncy variants.

Land mines will generate on the surface.

Spikes will be generated underground.

Silt block traps will be generated in the cavern layer, while slush block traps will be generated in the underground snow biome.

Not the bees + No traps:

Hornet statue traps are commonly generated.

Last edited:
DDU + FTW could spawn you in the fake surface, with the underworld being normal

DDU + NTB could make the surface a crazy jungle full of comically oversized bees

Back
Top Bottom