Game Mechanics Let's hear your best suggestions for seed combinations!

Redigit🌳

Creator of Terraria
Staff member
Re-Logic
As you all might know by now, we are adding a new special seed selection menu that will allow you to combine the special seeds of your choosing.

seed-menu.png

Along with this change, we will be introducing special effects when you make specific combinations. We already have quite a few in-game, but now I want to hear from you! What are your best ideas for what these combined effects could be? A small example of what we have done so far is combining "The Constant" with "Celebrationmk10," which will start the player out in the center of the world again, while retaining most of the effects from "Celebrationmk10."

I'm looking specifically for changes to world generation and in-game mechanical changes, not extravagant additions like new bosses or overly complicated new items.

You can find a list of special seeds and what they do on the Official Terraria Wiki.

Let's hear your thoughts!

The Constant + For the Worthy/Drunk World: Adds the sanity mechanic from Don't Starve. Things like being on the surface during the day, eating food, sleeping, wearing Garland, etc. increases sanity. Things like being underground, being near tombstones, being near a boss, being attacked by Charlie, etc. decreases sanity. As your sanity depletes the screen warps, eyes appear in the dark, and nightmare monsters begin to spawn.

Don't Dig Up + Drunk World: Flips the entire world upside down so the underworld is where space normally is and vice versa. You could make the player start at the top of the world in the underworld or at the bottom of the world on a sky island.

The Constant + Not the Bees: Not the Spiders. Turns the entire world into a spider nest. I remember someone else sharing this idea but I couldn't find it. If I do find it I'll link it here.

Celebrationmk10 + No traps: A world with actually no traps.

All the seeds together: Empty world. Combining all the seeds "breaks the game" and you end up with a completely empty world with no special traits. However, doing some sort of secret thing (for example, naming the world something specific) causes the world to inherit the traits from all the other secret seeds creating the ultimate sky-block challenge. We’re getting a sky block seed so this isn’t necessary.

Last edited:
As you all might know by now, we are adding a new special seed selection menu that will allow you to combine the special seeds of your choosing.

View attachment 415396

Along with this change, we will be introducing special effects when you make specific combinations. We already have quite a few in-game, but now I want to hear from you! What are your best ideas for what these combined effects could be? A small example of what we have done so far is combining "The Constant" with "Celebrationmk10," which will start the player out in the center of the world again, while retaining most of the effects from "Celebrationmk10."

I'm looking specifically for changes to world generation and in-game mechanical changes, not extravagant additions like new bosses or overly complicated new items.

You can find a list of special seeds and what they do on the Official Terraria Wiki.

Drunk + not the bees replaces all the bees with pufferfish? Would be funny to see a pufferfish pop out a bee hive xD

Not the Bees + For The Worthy creates a hellish jungle world, jungle enemies and hell enemies can spawn anywhere, there is lava spread throughout the entire world as well. Queen Bee can spawn regularly (e.g. 50% chance every 30 minutes to an hour) The only way to know the time is with a clock because the world always appears to be night.

View attachment 415396

Oooo wait I have another really cool idea. Since Don’t starve was 10 years old this year and this menue means the anniversary seed is no longer tied to a date we could have some special Don’t starve anniversary stuff such as deer clopse wearing a party hat.

For the constant mixed with anniversary of course.

View attachment 415396

Any seed combined with no traps will spawn a boulder specific to that seed combination. For example, Not The Bees would have Bee Boulder, celebrationmk10 would have Party Boulder or Rainbow Boulder, etc. Maybe getfixedboi has a Poo Boulder.

Back
Top Bottom