tModLoader Lets talk about Ancients Awakened and how authors don't use the forums anymore

...Now I can only think of someone modding the Rod of Discord to have the Discord Icon at the top instead of an orb, and make it spam fading text all over your screen each time you teleport, instead of the Chaos State debuff. Blind you if you teleport too much with textual spam as the downside instead. It's brilliant.

@IDGCaptainRussia Discord is dynamic friend and it’s easier to use. I really like this place and tcf moderators since they are really kind and helpful but controlling thread is hard in this place and I mostly miss some of the things. Also people can be angry to Discord but that place is not full of children. Actually there are tons of nice people in there that use only discord so maybe you don’t know because of that. Like if you visit few mod discords you will see.I think being angry to discord or people will not change that and bring them back so be calm friend. Also for more pets its thread opens in special days for 1 day. If you have any question you can dm me or wait special day ( the nearest is more pets second year anniversary). Also more pets is not unbalanced (Only post lunatic cultist stuff is strong but when there will be post ml bosses they become balanced. Only in after lc items check their dps and nearly all of them are in stage of pre providence. Only final is final). Also if you think anything unblanced I can also check that item if you want friend but if I remember right there is not a specific item. Only if you know how to use few items you can do more damage. Also if you don’t have any idea about items why you don’t ask in discord or here?Your anger or talking about why there is no information won’t solve things since there is information and only you don’t try to learn or get it. Also don’t think I’m supporting one side. Only look at the thing from two angle.

Last edited:
@IDGCaptainRussia Discord is dynamic friend and it’s easier to use. I really like this place and tcf moderators since they are really kind and helpful but controlling thread is hard in this place and I mostly miss some of the things. Also people can be angry to Discord but that place is not full of children. Actually there are tons of nice people in there that use only discord so maybe you don’t know because of that. Like if you visit few mod discords you will see.I think being angry to discord or people will not change that and bring them back so be calm friend. Also for more pets its thread opens in special days for 1 day. If you have any question you can dm me or wait special day ( the nearest is more pets second year anniversary). Also more pets is not unbalanced (Only post lunatic cultist stuff is strong but when there will be post ml bosses they become balanced. Only in after lc items check their dps and nearly all of them are in stage of pre providence. Only final is final). Also if you think anything unblanced I can also check that item if you want friend but if I remember right there is not a specific item. Only if you know how to use few items you can do more damage. Also if you don’t have any idea about items why you don’t ask in discord or here?Your anger or talking about why there is no information won’t solve things since there is information and only you don’t try to learn or get it. Also don’t think I’m supporting one side. Only look at the thing from two angle.
There's always 2 sides to a coin, for me the forums are better for general information and Discord is better for team coordination and this what I'm going for with my own mods.
As for More Pets, it's less so that you need to reopen that forum and more so that your mod, really, really, desperately really needs a wiki, that's my largest problem with it since it adds so many items that i have no clue at all how to get.
This is what I liked about your forum page as it atleast had a general idea where items in your mod came from and I'd be content if that alone was updated.

There's always 2 sides to a coin, for me the forums are better for general information and Discord is better for team coordination and this what I'm going for with my own mods.
As for More Pets, it's less so that you need to reopen that forum and more so that your mod, really, really, desperately really needs a wiki, that's my largest problem with it since it adds so many items that i have no clue at all how to get.
This is what I liked about your forum page as it atleast had a general idea where items in your mod came from and I'd be content if that alone was updated.
I also want more pets to have wiki for making people find what they are looking but I and my friends are not really good at wiki editing. So if anyone wants to help I will be really happy. Also I feel Discord is a small wiki since lore of bosses, nations and events, documentation of final crafting and all pets are in there. Also I feel opening page will take my time and since nearly every people that care more pets are in discord (I feel only skeletaldestroyer and few people are not visited discord) I feel it will be better for me to make it closed. But friend in more pets second year anniversary I will open the thread and update it with information so you can visit it in 22 July friend. Have a great day.

I also want more pets to have wiki for making people find what they are looking but I and my friends are not really good at wiki editing. So if anyone wants to help I will be really happy. Also I feel Discord is a small wiki since lore of bosses, nations and events, documentation of final crafting and all pets are in there. Also I feel opening page will take my time and since nearly every people that care more pets are in discord (I feel only skeletaldestroyer and few people are not visited discord) I feel it will be better for me to make it closed. But friend in more pets second year anniversary I will open the thread and update it with information so you can visit it in 22 July friend. Have a great day.
Not really surprised.

Also please tell me your entire discord wiki is NOT formatted like that? That's barely readable.

So for a while now there's been this new mod brewing some of you may have heard of called Ancients Awakened, and some are starting to feel it's going to be a "Calamity Killer"
I can't say for that for sure, but from my experiences the mod is really good but it does miss in quite a few areas; it does some thing really well and others, not so much. (Awesome as hell biomes, pretty meh boss fights, they do seem to be getting better thou with each update)

This isn't a new mod, it's been in the works for a couple of years now and has quite the planning going on with more to come as the beta draws out. And that's great! It's been a while since a good large content mod was on the rise and this one is very promising; I like it alot.

But Ancients Awakened would be the first to do what alot of the large content mod authors are doing these days: leaving the TCF behind and going pure discord (alot of mods that do this are usually not that good, this is one of the few that isn't). And I don't even think Alphakip is in the TMODloader discord and barely talks to any of them. (Doing a search of the mod's name would show it's still not that well known and people involved in it that were part of the TMODLoader discord are gone, some drama here and there but there's no need to recap it)
I remember a time before discord, back when forums were the meat of sociability on the internet. I'm old school I know that, but I'm not a fan of a trend that may end one day without warning.

The general idea from what Fabsol said in Calamity's thread is that "by having a discord, we can avoid being moderated by the staff of TCF, and we can take matters into our hands"
But honestly, all I've seen is more drama come out of all of that than if matters were done here, I've stated before I think TCF's staff is some of the most professional around and I mean, relogic still lacks these site so there's still alot of love and care put into every aspect of it.

So then, why are they forsaken?

This is meant to be an intelligent discussion to open not only my eyes further and understand more of the world but the eyes of others as well; I do not intend for more drama or the sort to come from this please. I could have posted this on discord but I really don't want to (I don't like discord as a public outlet for discussion)
i know this is old but..."Mod Killers" simply do not exist - mainly because it would have to - 1: emulate literally everything that the mod its being compared to in order for that phrase to really hold any merit - i personally enjoy the mod - as i enjoy Calamity, Redemption, Shadows of Abbadon, and Elements Awoken, and Thorium, no two of these mods are anything like eachother

So for a while now there's been this new mod brewing some of you may have heard of called Ancients Awakened, and some are starting to feel it's going to be a "Calamity Killer"
I can't say for that for sure, but from my experiences the mod is really good but it does miss in quite a few areas; it does some thing really well and others, not so much. (Awesome as hell biomes, pretty meh boss fights, they do seem to be getting better thou with each update)

This isn't a new mod, it's been in the works for a couple of years now and has quite the planning going on with more to come as the beta draws out. And that's great! It's been a while since a good large content mod was on the rise and this one is very promising; I like it alot.

But Ancients Awakened would be the first to do what alot of the large content mod authors are doing these days: leaving the TCF behind and going pure discord (alot of mods that do this are usually not that good, this is one of the few that isn't). And I don't even think Alphakip is in the TMODloader discord and barely talks to any of them. (Doing a search of the mod's name would show it's still not that well known and people involved in it that were part of the TMODLoader discord are gone, some drama here and there but there's no need to recap it)
I remember a time before discord, back when forums were the meat of sociability on the internet. I'm old school I know that, but I'm not a fan of a trend that may end one day without warning.

The general idea from what Fabsol said in Calamity's thread is that "by having a discord, we can avoid being moderated by the staff of TCF, and we can take matters into our hands"
But honestly, all I've seen is more drama come out of all of that than if matters were done here, I've stated before I think TCF's staff is some of the most professional around and I mean, relogic still lacks these site so there's still alot of love and care put into every aspect of it.

So then, why are they forsaken?

This is meant to be an intelligent discussion to open not only my eyes further and understand more of the world but the eyes of others as well; I do not intend for more drama or the sort to come from this please. I could have posted this on discord but I really don't want to (I don't like discord as a public outlet for discussion)
I personally don't like the mod so like

I personally don't like the mod so like
really old news by now, this is one of those threads I made before I understand the true reasons why people avoid the forums and only use discord

i know this is old but..."Mod Killers" simply do not exist - mainly because it would have to - 1: emulate literally everything that the mod its being compared to in order for that phrase to really hold any merit - i personally enjoy the mod - as i enjoy Calamity, Redemption, Shadows of Abbadon, and Elements Awoken, and Thorium, no two of these mods are anything like eachother
It really is remarkable how the meta-mods have not lost their ground in 2 years, and even longer from the looks of it.

Haha ancients awakened development go splash (alphakip humor

Calamity has its throne for another day.

Maybe this boy can make his debut soon. 0BFB928B-2A48-47EB-A9F9-A30CC18AA75F.jpeg

Maybe…

Unpopular opinion: Alpha got bullied hard for his mental shortcomings, granted he should have taken responsibility for it sooner. But it just goes to show how unwelcoming the TML community can be to people who are "not welcome to the expected norm".

Edit: Yharim making a debut would mean mod finished = less Patreon monies.

Unpopular opinion: Alpha got bullied hard for his mental shortcomings, granted he should have taken responsibility for it sooner. But it just goes to show how unwelcoming the TML community can be to people who are "not welcome to the expected norm".

By making a joke, I wasn’t stating if alpha was being bullied or not, or if he did have DID or not. I was simply making a joke that the development is a bit wonky rn.

Yharim won’t be the end of the mod, they wouldn’t make 2 boss concepts, sprite them, and then not use them.

*sad noxus and xoric noises*

Alpha’s story is a little different and some parts are not certain so I feel its not that much kind to talk. Also after Yharim if I remember right there will be one more boss but its up to Fabsol.

no it does NOT equal mod finished - plenty of room for improvements, more bosses, more content - Yharim would just be the final boss
besides - Supreme Calamitas needs a REWORK - calling her a "Bullet Hell Boss" is an insult to ACTUAL bullet hell games lol

no it does NOT equal mod finished - plenty of room for improvements, more bosses, more content - Yharim would just be the final boss
besides - Supreme Calamitas needs a REWORK - calling her a "Bullet Hell Boss" is an insult to ACTUAL bullet hell games lol
you clearly don't know why people like Yandre Dev are rolling in money then

I assure you the moment that Yharim is added, the mod will lose support, not all of it, but a good deal of it since it's the thing people have been waiting for years.
But all those things are otherwise true, there's surely much room for improvement, but the things that need the most "improvement" Fabsol isn't willing to even make.

IM SO FUCING TRIED OF GOOD LIOOKING NODS GETING :red:ING CANLED AA THEN ULTRANUMIN IM :red: LOSEING IT
AA is not cancelled. It was at halt due to the events that happened on the AA discord for a long time, but is now back in development, albeit with many changes being made.

Also, what happened with Ultranium?

IM SO FUCING TRIED OF GOOD LIOOKING NODS GETING :red:ING CANLED AA THEN ULTRANUMIN IM :red: LOSEING IT
1: spelling, and all caps, your not helping by doing this.
2: Just because mods have pretty sprites doesn't mean they are that good, alot of the best imo usually have lack luster spritework that makes up for it with better mechanics and code.
AA is not cancelled. It was at halt due to the events that happened on the AA discord for a long time, but is now back in development, albeit with many changes being made.

Also, what happened with Ultranium?
AA is effectively being "reborn" so to speak, by others who chose to carry the mod on after Alpha's fallout, as for Ultranium, relayed via TCN from their discord:
1629668183775.png

Back
Top Bottom