Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• absolutely not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pretty much, yeah.
most of the time though, it's pretty weak, unless it's like, an ancient recipe passed down through the generations
ex: greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat(x37) grandma's chocolate pie
then it gives a lot

I'm rereading this and none of these letters mean what they mean here anymore lol
Like literally this is gibberish.
Not having any context to this makes this funnier, combined with it being the first thing I see after updating my color list with two random characters (Sora and Natalie from my EMD save file).

I'm rereading this and none of these letters mean what they mean here anymore lol
Like literally this is gibberish.
I started getting notifications for ðis again yesterday and i have no recollection of why i followed ðis þread. Even after rereading most of ðe first post it doesn't make much more sense to me. Do you have a summary somewhere of what all ðis is?

I started getting notifications for ðis again yesterday and i have no recollection of why i followed ðis þread. Even after rereading most of ðe first post it doesn't make much more sense to me. Do you have a summary somewhere of what all ðis is?
This is a horribly formatted rundown of my personal worldbuilding project called Akatennaji.

Hopefully more understandable rundown:
Akatennaji is a world that exists metaphyically under our own, in that if you mine deep enough you may accidentally enter it. In this place, there are the A'd*, separated into five tribes, based on the elements (fire earth water ice plants). Faith is a metaphysical fuel source that can catalyze into Gods, and fear is similar fuel source that can ignite into Youkai and other such monsters.
Though to be honest you probably followed it because Daas, not the worldbuilding.

I really need to reorganize this into something more logical...... life is getting in the way.
*this is the first time i've used their general name. huh!
How did you get started making Daas?
I just kinda decided that the A'd should have their own language, and eventually Daas happened.
I almost didn't realize it, I think. I just kinda went "they have a language" and subconscious me started making stuff up.

I just kinda decided that the A'd should have their own language, and eventually Daas happened.
I almost didn't realize it, I think. I just kinda went "they have a language" and subconscious me started making stuff up.
Huh, interesting.
When did you start to sort of refine it using stuff like IPA and such then? Or did you have linguistics knowledge or such to begin with?

Huh, interesting.
When did you start to sort of refine it using stuff like IPA and such then? Or did you have linguistics knowledge or such to begin with?
I refined it as I wrote it down, eventually discovering linguistic words for what I was doing(but only a few)
I only recently found out about IPA, so I decided to go through and figure out how things are pronounced...(I'm still slightly worried about /x'/ not being right- it's meant to be a kind of hissing sound)
I am not in any way a linguistics expert, and I don't know what the official names are for a lot of things. HOWEVER, I do think I at least slightly know what I'm doing. Maybe. Perhaps. Occasionally.
For the characters it uses, I just kinda go with the flow. If I need a new letter for a new concept, I add it and its pronunciations to the charts, and then try and find a fitting character that flows with the others. If it needs a "pronounced second" form, I face it the opposite direction. Most characters need an "above" and "inside" section, sometimes getting a little abstract, but they are there. I have to keep all of these in mind for the aesthetic to stay pleasing, since Daas at its core is an artlang.
A has abstract boundaries for it's aboves and insides.
1715111209777.png

and R's aboves and insides are diagonal because aesthetic.
1715111375777.png

but E's are quite literal, especially with the consonant starting words. However, it technically has two "above" areas.
1715112341394.png

With consonant starter:
1715112134881.png
I might make a section on the document about these, so that people can actually understand how I'm combining the characters.

(I'm still slightly worried about /x'/ not being right- it's meant to be a kind of hissing sound)
I like to þink of some sounds in terms of fricative-plosive (stop) pairs. Like /t/ - /s/, /c/ - /ʃ/, and /k/ - /x/. In oðer words, it's a fricative sound you make wiþ your tongue pretty much where you'd put it to say /k/. Ðat said, /x/ isn't in any language i know so i might be saying it wrong. Anyone who knows better is welcome to correct me.

Back
Top Bottom