NPCs & Enemies Lunatic Cultist Expansion

Cubicality

The Destroyer
The Lunatic Cultist is a really cool boss. But he is rather lacking in the drops and (at least for me) difficulty department. Let's beef him up a little and give him drops.
First off, attacks. I propose when he gets to half health, three of the fake cultists appear around him and summon the portal that makes the dragon appear. But this time, it protects the Lunatic Cultist. By killing the fake cultists, he becomes vulnerable for 10 seconds. While vulnerable, his time between teleports and attacks would half. In expert mode, there would be a mere half second, justifying the upcoming Expert Mode drop.

Now for drops.

Lunatic Cultist Robe
A vanity item that would always drop with the mask. It looks like his robe, and the one the Clothier sells would look like the normal cultist robes. He would also sell a hood variant that looks like the normal cultist hood, with no spike thing.

Snowflake Staff
25% drop chance
45 magic damage
It fires a ice snowflake that acts like the one the Cultist shoots.

Electro Blaster
25% drop chance
63 ranged damage
It uses arrows for ammo (weird, I know), and turns them into Electro Arrows, which travel in a lightning pattern and give the Electrified debuff. They also leave behind an afterimage, so it looks like the Lightning attack.

Light Star
25% drop chance
47 melee damage
It acts like the Vampire Knives, but dosen't drain life, and looks like the Ancient Light attack.

Portal Staff
25% drop chance
45 summon damage
It summons a mini dragon portal, complete with mini cultists. They fire fireballs and occasionally Phantasm Dragons, which do double damage.

Moon Tablet
Expert Only
When this consumable is used, it causes the 6th accessory slot to work OUTSIDE EXPERT MODE WORLDS. As he is difficult at any time now, this is justified.

Well, thanks for reading my possibly unbalanced suggestion!

Well, maybe make the Moon Tablet a "Broken Moon Tablet" and have a whole 30 of each of the Fragments be required to be crafted with it at an Ancient Manipulator. Of course, this means you might as well get the Solar Pillar down and fight the Moon Lord (and fail terribly) JUST to get this crafted up.

Well, maybe make the Moon Tablet a "Broken Moon Tablet" and have a whole 30 of each of the Fragments be required to be crafted with it at an Ancient Manipulator. Of course, this means you might as well get the Solar Pillar down and fight the Moon Lord (and fail terribly) JUST to get this crafted up.
Maybe add some Luminite instead? Idunno, balanced?

Back
Top Bottom