tModLoader Magic Storage

Bluemagic, I'm experiencing the weirdest bug but I don't know how to explain it, nor how to record it since I don't record normally... Could I add you on steam to show you what's happening? It's hard to explain too... :/ It's really weird

Ps. I'm the acidic ham man on steam btw :p

You know would be lit AF? If you could put a password access on the access points for the storage system. That would be awesome ;D

Oh, and this mod is the best QOL mod I have downloaded to date- thank you !

The BEST mod ever. I can't imagine myself playing this game for long without it. Can't wait for crafting! :)

I noticed that on the crafting recipe for both the storage access and the remote version, it said that one of the crafting materials was, "Any Diamond". Does this mean that you can use any gem in place of it or do you have to use diamonds? The way I found the recipe that way was with a mod called recipe browser and its very helpful, but anyway, I can't figure that out as I am very early into the game and I don't want to risk finding out myself spending 2 hours just to find the topaz and diamonds and another gem just to test it, and I don't want to risk dying because I'm in expert mode and, I don't want to lose all my money. So if anyone can figure this out, that will be amazing.

I noticed that on the crafting recipe for both the storage access and the remote version, it said that one of the crafting materials was, "Any Diamond". Does this mean that you can use any gem in place of it or do you have to use diamonds? The way I found the recipe that way was with a mod called recipe browser and its very helpful, but anyway, I can't figure that out as I am very early into the game and I don't want to risk finding out myself spending 2 hours just to find the topaz and diamonds and another gem just to test it, and I don't want to risk dying because I'm in expert mode and, I don't want to lose all my money. So if anyone can figure this out, that will be amazing.
The mod adds a diamond that drops from a first boss kill. So you can either use that or a normal diamond in the recipe

Hey all, just made this account in order to post here. First, LOVE the mod! Seriously, when I first encountered Applied Energistics in MC, I couldn't live without it. Seeing its equivalent being made (moreover, made well) in Terraria is a dream come true (since there tends to be much more loot being collected in Terraria, though that's just my experience).

Anyway, onto why I made the account: I think I have some useful information about the vanity-removing glitch in multiplayer. After messing around with it for a bit, trying to see if it was linked to specific world files, characters, storage systems within worlds, etc., I noticed one tiny, obnoxious detail. In my prior attempts at solving the issue, I tried breaking and placing the Storage Heart in the same way that one turns a computer off and on again. This time, however, after trying to see if there were some bugged items that were being shuffled around the storage as I disconnected and reconnected different units to it, I noticed that placing a second Storage Heart elsewhere seemed to function as intended. Then, upon connecting some of the existing storage units to the separate Heart, I was able to access that portion of my storage without a hitch. Perplexed and intrigued, attempted to connect all of my units to this second Heart, and lo and behold, it worked as intended as well.

It was at this point that the obnoxygen began to leak into my breathing space, as the bug that almost ended a long-standing multiplayer playthrough with a good friend of mine was thwarted by effectively breaking and placing the Storage Heart. Now, this simply wasn't good enough for me, so I gave it a substantial bounty of thought before calling it a day. We were playing with Thorium and Calamity and some other smaller mods on the side, and the issue seemed to arise as soon as we'd equipped our Ragnarök-dropped armor. But as they hopefully teach you in Science class, correlation is not causation.

As I mindlessly broke and placed the Heart back and forth between where it was originally and but one tile away, it hit me: The Remote Access Device! Around the same time we had bested the Ragnarök, we'd also decided it was an appropriate time to expand our storage system out across the rest of the world. We had teleporters to the Dungeon, to Hell, to the Jungle Temple, and so set up various Remote connectors to make storing our things even easier (as seemed to be their intent). But alas, soon after doing so, we failed to access our items, thus placing our playthrough on an indefinite hiatus. I distinctly recalled the message sent into the chat upon reading the location of the Storage Heart--it was the location of the Storage Heart! The very specific coordinates which determined whether or not the system was connected to the Remote was the same position that determined whether or not the system was accessible in multiplayer at all.

And it was with this final epiphany that I felt compelled to share this newfound knowledge with both my friend and with the rest of the community surrounding this wonder, wonderful mod. Thank you for reading, and I do hope this could serve as a help to as many as possible.

TL;DR: The vanity-removing bug in multiplayer is caused by connecting Remote Storage Access Points to Storage Hearts, and can be hastily remedied by simply transplanting the Heart, or by disconnecting all Remotes manually.

Hey all, just made this account in order to post here. First, LOVE the mod! Seriously, when I first encountered Applied Energistics in MC, I couldn't live without it. Seeing its equivalent being made (moreover, made well) in Terraria is a dream come true (since there tends to be much more loot being collected in Terraria, though that's just my experience).

Anyway, onto why I made the account: I think I have some useful information about the vanity-removing glitch in multiplayer. After messing around with it for a bit, trying to see if it was linked to specific world files, characters, storage systems within worlds, etc., I noticed one tiny, obnoxious detail. In my prior attempts at solving the issue, I tried breaking and placing the Storage Heart in the same way that one turns a computer off and on again. This time, however, after trying to see if there were some bugged items that were being shuffled around the storage as I disconnected and reconnected different units to it, I noticed that placing a second Storage Heart elsewhere seemed to function as intended. Then, upon connecting some of the existing storage units to the separate Heart, I was able to access that portion of my storage without a hitch. Perplexed and intrigued, attempted to connect all of my units to this second Heart, and lo and behold, it worked as intended as well.

It was at this point that the obnoxygen began to leak into my breathing space, as the bug that almost ended a long-standing multiplayer playthrough with a good friend of mine was thwarted by effectively breaking and placing the Storage Heart. Now, this simply wasn't good enough for me, so I gave it a substantial bounty of thought before calling it a day. We were playing with Thorium and Calamity and some other smaller mods on the side, and the issue seemed to arise as soon as we'd equipped our Ragnarök-dropped armor. But as they hopefully teach you in Science class, correlation is not causation.

As I mindlessly broke and placed the Heart back and forth between where it was originally and but one tile away, it hit me: The Remote Access Device! Around the same time we had bested the Ragnarök, we'd also decided it was an appropriate time to expand our storage system out across the rest of the world. We had teleporters to the Dungeon, to Hell, to the Jungle Temple, and so set up various Remote connectors to make storing our things even easier (as seemed to be their intent). But alas, soon after doing so, we failed to access our items, thus placing our playthrough on an indefinite hiatus. I distinctly recalled the message sent into the chat upon reading the location of the Storage Heart--it was the location of the Storage Heart! The very specific coordinates which determined whether or not the system was connected to the Remote was the same position that determined whether or not the system was accessible in multiplayer at all.

And it was with this final epiphany that I felt compelled to share this newfound knowledge with both my friend and with the rest of the community surrounding this wonder, wonderful mod. Thank you for reading, and I do hope this could serve as a help to as many as possible.

TL;DR: The vanity-removing bug in multiplayer is caused by connecting Remote Storage Access Points to Storage Hearts, and can be hastily remedied by simply transplanting the Heart, or by disconnecting all Remotes manually.
Thanks for reporting this! I actually discovered this yesterday during my playthrough with jopojelly and jofairden but now I can be certain that the problem is the Remote Accesses.

I have one question, because we forgot to test out the bug before destroying the Remote Access: Do you still have the bugged Remote Accesses in your world? If so, then can you download Modder's Toolkit, turn on the tile entity visualizations, then in multiplayer, see whether each Remote Access has a tile entity?

Thanks for reporting this! I actually discovered this yesterday during my playthrough with jopojelly and jofairden but now I can be certain that the problem is the Remote Accesses.

I have one question, because we forgot to test out the bug before destroying the Remote Access: Do you still have the bugged Remote Accesses in your world? If so, then can you download Modder's Toolkit, turn on the tile entity visualizations, then in multiplayer, see whether each Remote Access has a tile entity?
I believe I can do that! I'll post again in a bit with the results.

I believe I can do that! I'll post again in a bit with the results.
So, there I was, right? All pumped and ready to help the community, when suddenly, a wild "IDFKWTF I'm Doing" appears! I don't see any obvious tools to utilize with the Modder's Toolkit mod, though it does say that it's installed. I thought there might be a button to map in the Controls menu, but I found none there. Any help here?
EDIT: It is definitely enabled, I restarted Terraria and everything
DOUBLE EDIT: Hey, take a guess at who's a doofus? This guy. Though, to be fair, there should be a more obvious direction to the tiny eye-button at the bottom right for all the mod tools. Just a thought, maybe you could pass it along to jopojelly? Idk, brb with your info.

Last edited:
Okay, so here we have the initial, broken position, and one Access Point relatively nearby because I decided to be stingy with my pipe connector things:
upload_2017-5-6_21-34-41.png
Here's one at a teleporter to the Dungeon in our world (and if you haven't noticed yet, this is a throwaway cheat character with endgame armor so yeah):
upload_2017-5-6_21-37-31.png
Another pic, this time in the Jungle (our Plantera arena), where we set up a bunch of Dummies for reasons I will not specify (I also spawned in some a bunny, a turtle, and a penguin and have no idea how to make them leave :p):
upload_2017-5-6_21-44-45.png
And this one is at the Temple (just for the record, the Golem is a :red:ing wuss. We beat him effortlessly on Expert Vanilla, so with mods, you can understand why I got ~200 platinum and a wall of trophies):
upload_2017-5-6_21-48-7.png

DISCLAIMER: It is worth noting that, after a certain unknown amount of time passes, the storage becomes accessible again, even through the Remote access points.

I believe that is every access point we made, and they all seem to have the little green square, presumably indicating Tile Entity status. I hope this was helpful!

Last edited:
Okay, so here we have the initial, broken position, and one Access Point relatively nearby because I decided to be stingy with my pipe connector things:
Here's one at a teleporter to the Dungeon in our world (and if you haven't noticed yet, this is a throwaway cheat character with endgame armor so yeah):
Another pic, this time in the Jungle (our Plantera arena), where we set up a bunch of Dummies for reasons I will not specify (I also spawned in some a bunny, a turtle, and a penguin and have no idea how to make them leave :p):
And this one is at the Temple (just for the record, the Golem is a :red:ing wuss. We beat him effortlessly on Expert Vanilla, so with mods, you can understand why I got ~200 platinum and a wall of trophies):

DISCLAIMER: It is worth noting that, after a certain unknown amount of time passes, the storage becomes accessible again, even through the Remote access points.

I believe that is every access point we made, and they all seem to have the little green square, presumably indicating Tile Entity status. I hope this was helpful!
Hmm, it randomly started working again? I think I might have an idea of how to fix this (even though I still don't know what causes it, lol). One more question, were these pictures taken before or after the storage became accessible again?

I cant seem to get remote access storage to work. I make the remote access point set it down then made a locator. I right clicked the storage heart with the locator then I right clicked the remote storage heart set a few tiles away to see if it worked and later at the dungeon to see if it was because it was so close to proximity. It acts like I want to open the remote access when I right click even though I'm holding the locator, I can tell because it gives me the message "this access isn't connected to a storage heart". Ill keep trying different things to see if I can get it to work.

edit: its actually giving me the message locator not set to a destination even when I just set the destination

Edit:Edit: nvm apparently it has to be in your hot bar to work, not just in your inventory, also I have to make another locator

Last edited:
Hmm, it randomly started working again? I think I might have an idea of how to fix this (even though I still don't know what causes it, lol). One more question, were these pictures taken before or after the storage became accessible again?
The first two screenshots were definitely while it wasn't working, but I didn't check the one in the Jungle or the Temple. By the time I got back to my base, it was working.
EDIT: I think it's also worth mentioning that, on an unrelated note, the extra lag caused by the storage system that's normally cleared by opening and closing your inventory was only caused by the orange Access points (the ones that need to be connected by wire). I tried moving the Heart back to the multiplayer-broken position while playing on singleplayer, and even they didn't cause that strange lag. Just the topaz ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom