tModLoader Magical Things mod

Been playing with your mod and it seems that after I had a few npcs moved in (namely the driad because of her buff I suppose), all of my weapons were dealing in the 100k's to enemies with max health. Played around with the mods to see which it was and it turns out to be this one. Is this a known bug?

after further testing, it seems like it has problems with mods that add extra modifiers to your weapons/accessories. Having boots that have "extra damage to max life foes" on them in your boot slot seems to have an effect like stacking. It looks like it keeps stacking the damage every second or so. So having a +9% damage to full health foes would be 18% in the next second, 36% in the next, etc.. Doesn't seem like this resets

after further testing, it seems like it has problems with mods that add extra modifiers to your weapons/accessories. Having boots that have "extra damage to max life foes" on them in your boot slot seems to have an effect like stacking. It looks like it keeps stacking the damage every second or so. So having a +9% damage to full health foes would be 18% in the next second, 36% in the next, etc.. Doesn't seem like this resets

Ok, It probably has something to do with my mod being out-of-date with the correct version of tmodloader. I will add this to my list of things to update. Thanks for testing it, hopefully I will have some time soon to get all the bugs sorted out again.

This mod is very cool, but there is one thing that is much too OP: The Drew-Armor.
Why do you added such a powerful Armor which is then sold by the wizard-NPC for just a few gold-coins.
I can't understand why this is so OP and then so easy to get.

It's the only reason why I don't play with the mod.

I like this mod and the shoe slot especially, it's great to have. Do you think you can add a configuration to switch between being in the Equipment tab and another in the Accessories tab though? Similar to what WingSlot can. I can just right click it to get them into their respective slots, however, it would make it a lot easier in some cases. Like trying out cosmetic shoes. It'd be a great help, but I don't really know how hard it'd be to do code wise.

I like this mod and the shoe slot especially, it's great to have. Do you think you can add a configuration to switch between being in the Equipment tab and another in the Accessories tab though? Similar to what WingSlot can. I can just right click it to get them into their respective slots, however, it would make it a lot easier in some cases. Like trying out cosmetic shoes. It'd be a great help, but I don't really know how hard it'd be to do code wise.

In the latest build I actually did add a configuration file. WingSlot was my main inspiration and help for my boot slot; (although I can't seem to get the dye layers and boot priority layers to work correctly XD). I haven't updated it on the tmodloader yet. Soon as I finish some more content it will be having a large update. Hopefully including a Mac compiled version as well.

Still in progress. But no update yet. The shoe slot has received a complete overhaul, but it still doesn't apply the dye layer properly. :mad:
Well back to the drawing board.

How do I use the boots slot? selecting boots with my cursor just switches it to the accessory slots and right clicking also sends it to the accessory slots

Getting a crash everytime I use this mod, even if it's the only mod active. Looking forward to next update =)

How do I use the boots slot? selecting boots with my cursor just switches it to the accessory slots and right clicking also sends it to the accessory slots

You can right click a boot in your inventory to auto equip it. Or shift right click to place it in the vanity slot (currently no effect). To remove it either right click a new pair of boots or click the Equipment page (looks like a grappling hook) then left the boots in the boot slot.
The next update has a config option to place the boot slot on the Main inventory page.

It also now has a Mod Config option.

Last edited:
Getting a crash everytime I use this mod, even if it's the only mod active. Looking forward to next update =)

I actually just updated it. There are many more things added. The companion weapons have more options now too. Feel free to update in the Mod Browser and try it out. If it gives you any trouble just let me know.

Yes, sadly, it still crashed whenever I switch to the equipment page where the boot slot is located.
Uploaded it. I hope it helps. Is there somewhere a crash report I can upload? This screenshot doesn't look like it will help...

This message and error both use the new version of the mod uploaded a few hours ago...

Edit: Just died in mediumcore - expert dificulty. Picked my stuff up which led to swapping me to the boot equipment slot and immediately crashed. I lost everything =(

Edit 2: Looked into my
C:\Users\Avarlia\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs
folder and I didn't find any config files related to "MagicalThings".

When I use "Hero's Mod" to look for items... There aren't any listed (I'm using other mods this time thou):

Attachments

• Error!.jpg
    Error!.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Error 2.jpg
    Error 2.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Yes, sadly, it still crashed whenever I switch to the equipment page where the boot slot is located.
Uploaded it. I hope it helps. Is there somewhere a crash report I can upload? This screenshot doesn't look like it will help...

This message and error both use the new version of the mod uploaded a few hours ago...

Edit: Just died in mediumcore - expert dificulty. Picked my stuff up which led to swapping me to the boot equipment slot and immediately crashed. I lost everything =(

Edit 2: Looked into my
C:\Users\Avarlia\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs
folder and I didn't find any config files related to "MagicalThings".

When I use "Hero's Mod" to look for items... There aren't any listed (I'm using other mods this time thou):
Hmm, the error is actually showing a game tick error. Could you post which mods your using?
There have been a few bugs with the mediumcore players. Which seems to be a Terraria bug as it happens to many mods including mine. Because it has a startup item.
For now lets see if I can recreate the bug so I can track down whats happening.

Edit: I also noticed you are using tmodloader version 0.11.
Its actually built for v0.10.1.5. Which was the version listed on Bluemagic's page. I actually didn't notice they were putting out a new versions on Github. This will change several things. It will probably have errors on newer version of tmodloader for the time being. I will see about updating to version 0.11. But it looks like many mods are still running v0.10.1.5.

Last edited:
Hmm, the error is actually showing a game tick error. Could you post which mods your using?
There have been a few bugs with the mediumcore players. Which seems to be a Terraria bug as it happens to many mods including mine. Because it has a startup item.
For now lets see if I can recreate the bug so I can track down whats happening.

Edit: I also noticed you are using tmodloader version 0.11.
Its actually built for v0.10.1.5. Which was the version listed on Bluemagic's page. I actually didn't notice they were putting out a new versions on Github. This will change several things. It will probably have errors on newer version of tmodloader for the time being. I will see about updating to version 0.11. But it looks like many mods are still running v0.10.1.5.

I use about 130 mods and 80% of those mods are build for 0.10.1.5. Those still work =)

The only other mod that's not working is "Spirit Mod"

Another thing I have to add is that I'm using a 64 bit Version of the mod loader!

Edit: There was an update to 0.11.1 but since the 64 bit version wasn't updated, I'm still using 0.11

I use about 130 mods and 80% of those mods are build for 0.10.1.5. Those still work =)

The only other mod that's not working is "Spirit Mod"

Another thing I have to add is that I'm using a 64 bit Version of the mod loader!

Edit: There was an update to 0.11.1 but since the 64 bit version wasn't updated, I'm still using 0.11

Hmm with cheat sheet do any items show up for my mod?

Also which platform are you playing on? I wonder because I haven't actually compiled it for Mac or Linux yet.

Hmm with cheat sheet do any items show up for my mod?

Also which platform are you playing on? I wonder because I haven't actually compiled it for Mac or Linux yet.

I have to download cheat sheet to have a look. Using Hero's mod, no, there weren't any items.

I'm playing on old plain Windows 10...

I have to download cheat sheet to have a look. Using Hero's mod, no, there weren't any items.

I'm playing on old plain Windows 10...

Interesting, when there are no items it means that something isn't being handled or compiled correctly for your version. It does the same thing for Mac and Linux at the moment. I will try to trace down whats missing. Its probably a .dll file that's supposed to be there.

Well I pushed another update. I really don't know if it will help. I'm not sure why it isn't loading for you. I have tested it on a fresh install computer with no issues.

If for some reason the v0.1.4 update works let me know. Otherwise I will keep looking.

Other than that you can try, uninstall the mod, restart Terraria, and install the mod again. Strange that Spirit mod isn't working for you. I haven't had any trouble with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom