Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 8/8.1
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So I just found something when I updated to 1.4, which was ~2d ago. If you turn on godmode for a Journey character and then use something like Terrasavr or similar to change the character to a different mode, the new character has godmode enabled. Since you can only change this in Journey mode, the character is permanently stuck in godmode, which is a pretty big deal in multiplayer. I recommend getting this fixed ASAP before any real damage can be done.
20200520182608_1.jpg
20200520183449_1.jpg

Last edited:
Terrasavr and any other modification programs are, by definition, already cheating and outside of the bounds of expected gameplay. It isn't really a bug, because they are breaking the game intentionally.

Terrasavr and any other modification programs are, by definition, already cheating and outside of the bounds of expected gameplay. It isn't really a bug, because they are breaking the game intentionally.
There could be a potential fix for this though. Maybe an 'if; then' line or similar that first detects if godmode is enabled on a character, then does a check to see if the character is set to Journey mode, and if not, it disables godmode for that character. Obviously, it runs the check when you join a world with a character so it doesn't have to run it for every single character file that currently isn't being used. I-I'm no coding wizard or anything, but that's just my idea of a possible fix.

Back
Top Bottom