Game Mechanics make special seeds separate options

Jatopian

Terrarian
Special seeds are cool and all but I would really like to have the reproducibility of getting the same world from the same seed even if I also want to play a world with the unusual game mechanics of a secret seed. Therefore, after the first use of a secret seed, which could still make a random world, maybe instead have it unlock those weird world modifiers as an option we can pick along with the actual seed used for worldgen.

By the way, it'd also be cool if there were in-game hints about the secret seeds.

I'd love this. I would absolutely love to go back to a fresh, untouched world I've previously beaten, only to make it drunk. Or for the worthy. Or AAAAHHHHH COVERED IN BEES! It'd be really fun to see what changes, and what stays the same.

I'd love this. I would absolutely love to go back to a fresh, untouched world I've previously beaten, only to make it drunk. Or for the worthy. Or AAAAHHHHH COVERED IN BEES! It'd be really fun to see what changes, and what stays the same.

Its almost certainly a guarantee that a "special seed" version of a normal world would bear no resemblance at all. The worldgen follows completely different paths.

Its almost certainly a guarantee that a "special seed" version of a normal world would bear no resemblance at all. The worldgen follows completely different paths.
Well, I'm a little sad about that, but I guess it can't be helped. I should have realized that already though... if Drunk Worlds have Jungles and Tundras on the same side of the world, it can't possibly look anything like the original. It's not just the blocks that are different, the very structures would have to be different. Well, it was a nice idea while it lasted ^_^ And OP's idea is still viable... say I get a particularly awesome world {or a particularly broken one to post on reddit's r/ThanksWorldGen} it'd be nice if I could share said world's seed when asked about it.

Back
Top Bottom