PC Martian Madness Probe Help?!?!

iab0803

Terrarian
I have been grinding for the martian madness probe for quite a while (with a water candle during a blood moon and solar eclipse) with no avail.. I don't like to ask for help, but I can't get this little thing to spawn... am I missing something? Bugged? Impatient? What am I doing wrong?

2015-09-22_00005.jpg

I've killed over 850 harpies...

2015-09-22_00001.jpg

Anything? Battle pot? I just need help ;(

"99' West"
You're too close to the center of the world. Probes only spawn in the outer two thirds of the world, similar to Meteorite landings. Good luck~

the only advice i can give is to boost your spawn rate/spawn cap as high as you can

Water Candles, Battle Potions, and use Lizahrd Bricks to make an artificial Jungle biome. Kill everything that spawns that isn't a probe

Edit: ya, being on the outer 2/3s is a requirement

Just go to the edges of your world, and put up a water candle. I don't know where, but I've heard there's specific code that makes Porbes spawn a LOT more than normal when a water candle is present, which helps.
And obviously, you have to kill the Golem at least once. I assume you did that too.

a floating platform of 100 Lizard bricks and a water candle in the outer 2 thirds of the map usually nets me a probe within 5 minutes.

Probes have a higher chance of spawning the higher you are so set up and floating platform in the very corner of the world plus use water candles and battle potions. Good luck!

But the Stardust Dragon might accidentally the probe.

iab doesn't have a dragon though...
You can use pygmies or Sharknados. The best way to do it is during a blood moon, have a placed Water Candle, Battle Potion, fifty lizard bricks, and holding a Water Candle. Sit inside a box with a little bit of honey and heart statues in it so the wyverns don't do as much damage. Since you have a RoD you can just tp out of the box when you spot a probe. Bonus: the battle potion makes more Martians spawn so you have a better chance at getting more Scutlixs and Saucers

The passive sharknados still do damage if they collide with a mob accidentally, without shooting their projectiles, so if damaging the probe is a worry I'd use the deadly sphere staff.

go to the edge of the world and grab some water candles fly above the dungeon place some platforms place the candles BOOM. I always get probes from this very easily! :D

Back
Top Bottom