Items Martian Madness summoning item

Should this item be implemented?

• Total voters

Zesty_Limez

Terrarian
Since probes are such a pain to find, combined with their glitchy nature in multiplayer, there ought to be a way to get an item to summon it.

Martian Beacon
Crafted at Tinkerer's Workshop
>5 Ectoplasm
>10 Hallowed Bars
>50 Martian Conduit Plating

To use, it must placed on the ground and is activated by a right click.
Once you right click the beacon, it will shoot up a beam of light. After a few seconds, it gets destroyed. Once it gets destroyed, the event will begin.

EDIT: Changed recipe - swapped power cells for martian plating.

Last edited:
Their 'glitchy nature', I take it you mean the invasion not starting even though there are UFO's in the sky. That's something that needs to be fixed, true. But adding an item to summon them is not a fix, it's a workaround.

Probes are incredibly easy to find if you stick to the left or right side of the map. Even more chances when in space.

If there would be some kind of spawn token then Martian Conduit Plating should be an ingredient. This'd mean players had at least one natural occuring martian invasion before mass producing tokens to summon them at their whim.

Their 'glitchy nature', I take it you mean the invasion not starting even though there are UFO's in the sky. That's something that needs to be fixed, true. But adding an item to summon them is not a fix, it's a workaround.

Probes are incredibly easy to find if you stick to the left or right side of the map. Even more chances when in space.

If there would be some kind of spawn token then Martian Conduit Plating should be an ingredient. This'd mean players had at least one natural occuring martian invasion before mass producing tokens to summon them at their whim.
I was thinking about using martian plating, but I just wasn't sure. I've had poor experiences with Martian invasions, so that made me lean towards power cells as opposed to plating.

I like the idea about a Martian Madness summoning item, but the name needs some work. How about Martian Beacon (best I could think so far).

Because it's not fun to afk for half an hour to find a probe that may or may not actually work.
Place water candle in space, where no Flying islands around, near the end of the world.
Kill harpies and wyverns for 2 mins.
Get the probe.
?????
PROFIT

But still, it is a pain if you want to farm the event for its drops.
But you kills the invasion slower than farm for it.
I also don't really see the reason why MM should be farmable. Pirates - yes, since furniture and exterme low % drops, but martians doesnt drop furiture, they drop material.

But you kills the invasion slower than farm for it.
I also don't really see the reason why MM should be farmable. Pirates - yes, since furniture and exterme low % drops, but martians doesnt drop furiture, they drop material.
And they also have several drops. Not to mention that the material can easily end up needed in massive amounts by being a building material.

Back
Top Bottom