Console Mech Boss Setups

Subforthermal

Terrarian
I just recently beat all mech bosses on Xbox and felt like helping players who needed it with them. You can improve what ive done in these but this worked for me:
DESTROYER - use a demon scythe or magic dagger if you have one, I'd say at least orichalum armor. Don't worry about him despawnin when you die, just fight him at your Spawnpoint. Because he's so long, anothe recomendation is to have him run over a hole and shoot him from within the hole. Always get mega shark after beating him, it's worth the trouble.
TWINS - ultimately it's just about running back and forth shooting them with a weapon with lots of ammo and decent damage and speed, preferably mega shark. Space gun + meteor armor is good for those who are really good with aim and are good at dodging but the meteor armor will most likely just get you killed (very low defense stat). I'd say adamantite/Titanium armor due to spazmatism's insane second stage flamethrower ATTACK, but I'd just mainly keep your distance and shoot them tons.
SKELETRON PRIME - The best advice is dodge as much as you can. If you think you'll die then bring a friend, he despawns when nobody's alive. Mainly just use megashark but don't fly too high up or you'll end up faling givin him a chance to bomb you tons. As good armor as you can get but at least adamatite.

Mainly my strategy is megashark while running around tons, best strategy I have.

Destroyer Method - Great
Twins Method - Just fly around with Megashark. If using Meteor Set, use junk accesories that are cheap to reforge (eg. Cross Necklace, Aglet and reforge to warding). Damage might not kill it before night though...
Skeletron Prime Method - Megashark, Hallowed Armour, Regen, Ironskin and Pumpkin Pie. Simply done with dodging.

Destroyer - not bad, but any piercing weapon will work well. Golden Shower is also great, you might also use a repeater with Jester's/Holy Arrows.

Twins - Megashark with Crystal Bullets is the best choice IMO. If you haven't enough material for the Megashark, try the CAR (Clockwork Assault Rifle) instead. It's also a fast gun with decent damage. A good bow with Frostburn Arrows might be good too. The Space Gun is meh IMO, it's too weak, instead you could use the Laser Rifle - it's a bit stronger and much faster than the Space Gun.

Skeletron Prime - the Megashark is also a good weapon. Either Crystal or Ichor bullets will work well. A repeater might be fine, but it might be a little problematic without piercing arrows (because of the hands). The Golden Shower might be a nice help to inflict the Ichor debuff, but it's not a good weapon against this boss.

I know it's old, but it sort of needs more content.

Back
Top Bottom