Melee Speed and Mining Speed Discussion

Shadow Armor is still good, with it's melee speed and movement speed. It's also helpful with mining the first hardmode ore (Yes, @Suweeka, melee speed DOES affect mining speed)

Mate don't start that again. You remember what happened last time you tried to say melee speed affects mining speed.
OP, don't listen to him. melee speed DOES NOT effect mining speed and many people have dug into the games code and proved it doesn't, along with a dev themself confirming it.

I say go Meteor and have fun killing everything with the space gun but thats just my 2cents. Crimtane is a wonderful armor as well so feel free to keep that.

Mate don't start that again. You remember what happened last time you tried to say melee speed affects mining speed.
OP, don't listen to him. melee speed DOES NOT effect mining speed and many people have dug into the games code and proved it doesn't, along with a dev themself confirming it.

I know, but I DO see a difference. Only small, but it does change something

Do you have any proof that invalidates everything that has been posted (including a developer's post telling us we are right) in the thread linked in my sig?
Well, it doesn't affect mining speed, but does affect the block reach.

(What I mean is that if you have an armor that increases melee speed, it increases the immediant block mining, *sigh*, idk how to make this easier)

Well, it doesn't affect mining speed, but does affect the block reach.

(What I mean is that if you have an armor that increases melee speed, it increases the immediant block mining, *sigh*, idk how to make this easier)
The game checks for a valid block 60 times per second regardless of how fast it swings. Digging is not synced with the swinging.

We can just put it all here.

If you guys want to revive an old flame war, do it on your own space, don't disrespect someone else's thread with your baiting Craftamus.

And Suika and W1K, you should know better to take that bait in another thread. I expect better.

That's all well and good but I still see a difference with stacked melee speed. Cobalt claws alone = Fairly quick digging. Cobalt claws with stacked melee speed: Sail through dirt and stone as if it were water.

What bait? Someone has been directly called wrong and nobody has to say anything about it and left there untouched?

Craftamus directly called out Suika in a thread in a nearly irrelevant way, trying to bring up an old fight. Guess what? You two showed up out of the woodwork and tried to revive the debate. In someone else's thread asking about armor advice.

We call that taking the bait.

Craftamus directly called out Suika in a thread in a nearly irrelevant way, trying to bring up an old fight. Guess what? You two showed up out of the woodwork and tried to revive the debate. In someone else's thread asking about armor advice.

No, we call that replying to a guy who has been spreading misinformation by accusing someone else of doing it instead, which is highly insulting and hurts the mentioned person's reputation.

*sigh*
Again wrong. As always

I was trying to say that increased mining speed increases reaction time to mine the block, not the mining speed
No, we call that replying to a guy who has been spreading misinformation by accusing someone else of doing it instead, which is highly insulting.
*sigh* Another one

I was trying to say increased melee speed increases reaction time, not mining speed. But no, just stick with one, like a (I ain't gonna say it) person

Are they a prefix that has higher speed? Prefixes do actually affect digging speed.
That was actually what I was trying to say to Suweeka (IN THE OLD MINING SPEED THREAD, NOT THIS ONE), but she just wouldn't let me talk anymore, and Tunnel King didn't really help at all

No, we call that replying to a guy who has been spreading misinformation by accusing someone else of doing it instead, which is highly insulting and hurts the mentioned person's reputation.
*sigh*
Again wrong. As always

I was trying to say that increased mining speed increases reaction time to mine the block, not the mining speed

*sigh* Another one

I was trying to say increased melee speed increases reaction time, not mining speed. But no, just stick with one, like a (I ain't gonna say it) person

I call that arguing.

Back
Top Bottom