• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

tModLoader Metroid Mod

1618676488868.png
was looking through cheat sheet for building blocks (am going to start a new playthrough with friends and want to build a base before they get on) and i see this

Scooterboot9697

Official Terrarian
View attachment 317001 was looking through cheat sheet for building blocks (am going to start a new playthrough with friends and want to build a base before they get on) and i see this
220.png
Jokes aside, that is one of a series of Easter Egg items I plan to throw into the mod. I wanna add some Mandalorian and Halo reference items as well, though obviously they're all less of a priority.

On another note, it's been made pretty clear that you all don't want Spazer nerfed, so... Yeah, okay. Not gonna nerf it-- that is, not too harshly. Spazer and Wide Beam specifically may receive some balance tweaks, but Vortex Beam will remain the same, because... end game weapons deserve to be OP. And changing Spazer's acquisition to be locked behind Queen Bee is a good suggestion and was something we thought about at some point. Alternatively, I could swap it with Ice Beam, so that Spazer is locked behind Skeletron/Dungeon, and Ice Beam is acquired... probably not in the Jungle, but at that same tier. Though, I need to take a hard look at the freeze debuff and make sure it isn't overpowered, underpowered, or just broken.

Anyway, sorry there hasn't been an update in over two months, but real life decided to be a pain in the butt and obscure my focus.

freezyfork

Terrarian
220.png
Jokes aside, that is one of a series of Easter Egg items I plan to throw into the mod. I wanna add some Mandalorian and Halo reference items as well, though obviously they're all less of a priority.

On another note, it's been made pretty clear that you all don't want Spazer nerfed, so... Yeah, okay. Not gonna nerf it-- that is, not too harshly. Spazer and Wide Beam specifically may receive some balance tweaks, but Vortex Beam will remain the same, because... end game weapons deserve to be OP. And changing Spazer's acquisition to be locked behind Queen Bee is a good suggestion and was something we thought about at some point. Alternatively, I could swap it with Ice Beam, so that Spazer is locked behind Skeletron/Dungeon, and Ice Beam is acquired... probably not in the Jungle, but at that same tier. Though, I need to take a hard look at the freeze debuff and make sure it isn't overpowered, underpowered, or just broken.

Anyway, sorry there hasn't been an update in over two months, but real life decided to be a pain in the butt and obscure my focus.
Take as much time as you need!

leqesai

Terrarian
220.png

Is it possible to force random world gen of chozo statues after a boss is killed? Similar to how the game creates veins of ore, could you force spawn a small room with a chozo statue containing progression items so balance can be locked behind bosses?

Scooterboot9697

Official Terrarian
Is it possible to force random world gen of chozo statues after a boss is killed? Similar to how the game creates veins of ore, could you force spawn a small room with a chozo statue containing progression items so balance can be locked behind bosses?
I could probably pull that off, but... not gonna lie... that sounds like a terrible idea. Lol

Imagine defeating a boss expecting a cool drop, but are met with "congrats, your reward spawned somewhere underground, now you have to find it."
If you actually knew the location of where it spawned, then it wouldn't be as bad, but still sounds like an unnecessary mechanic for something that could easily drop from a boss.

However, the idea of generating specific structures based on world events is an idea I may hold onto, though. Just need to make sure it's executed correctly.

Ironkiller33

Terrarian
I don't know if you've come up with an idea for the fusion content yet, but you could make it post dungeon content, that way they are challenging yet fairly easy to skip for those who wish to.

TaladirX

Skeletron Prime
I just discovered the mod on tModLoader yesterday because a couple of days ago I was lying in bed thinking "Wasn't there a Metroid Mod in the making? I wonder how far it is now." And I haven't gotten far into the Mod yet (barely beat EoC) BUT I ALREADY LOVE IT. Scooterboot you are an amazing person and this mod was definitely worth the wait. Kinda a shame that the mod isn't compatible with the "Another RPG Mod" yet (and probably never will) cause I like both mods and it would be amazing. But nevertheless the mod is fun even without an RPG mod that goes alongside it! I have waited for this mod for so long I can't even remember how long I actually waited.

Grandirus

Terrarian
I love this mod. I love Metroid in all it's ways.
Can I sugest the addition of "Accel Charge" from "Metroid Other M"?
There's a lack of metroid based accessories ("hunter damage" stats), but taking in count that Metroid series uses basicly the same itens, why not add another?
Accel Charge can be an addon to put in the Arm Cannon, just like missiles in the Missile Cannon.
In the Metroid Other M, there are 6 to be found.
In the mod, it can do the same, with fast beam charge and cool down the heat. 2 in 1 addon.

Btw, I have made a Metroid based Music Wave Bank to play with this mod.
Metroid Wave Bank

EDIT: link with Wave Bank added.
Any sugestions will be wellcome.
The only music that is not from Metroid games is the Martian Madness. This one is from an old mid music, made from Yamaha XG Player.

Last edited:

Mythriel81

Terrarian
I love this mod. I love Metroid in all it's ways.
Can I sugest the addition of "Accel Charge" from "Metroid Other M"?
There's a lack of metroid based accessories ("hunter damage" stats), but taking in count that Metroid series uses basicly the same itens, why not add another?
Accel Charge can be an addon to put in the Arm Cannon, just like missiles in the Missile Cannon.
In the Metroid Other M, there are 6 to be found.
In the mod, it can do the same, with fast beam charge and cool down the heat. 2 in 1 addon.

Btw, I have made an Metroid based Music Wave Bank to play with this mod.
Give the wavebank link

leqesai

Terrarian
I could probably pull that off, but... not gonna lie... that sounds like a terrible idea. Lol

Imagine defeating a boss expecting a cool drop, but are met with "congrats, your reward spawned somewhere underground, now you have to find it."
If you actually knew the location of where it spawned, then it wouldn't be as bad, but still sounds like an unnecessary mechanic for something that could easily drop from a boss.

However, the idea of generating specific structures based on world events is an idea I may hold onto, though. Just need to make sure it's executed correctly.
Thats a good point.
Terraria already does this sort of thing in vanilla though. Spawning ores when the bosses die, for example.
I understand that a single spawn would be ridiculous but multiple spawns and/or some kind of object locator could be used to find the things.

Main reason for this is to address the issue of finding strong gear too early.

Or maybe by locking some chozo statues until you get a key, similar to the dungeon chests. That way the chozos csn be in the world already and you can look for them at any time.

Aeterna Sol

Official Terrarian
Or maybe by locking some chozo statues until you get a key, similar to the dungeon chests. That way the chozos csn be in the world already and you can look for them at any time.
What if we used the Scan Visor to do that? And use the translation mechanic from MP2 as the keys?

kitsuneneo

Skeletron
Ive always wondered which does more dmg before wof, missle spread with ice missles or the charge beam with all the upgrades you can get at the time. It looks like missle spead does more dmg but thats with a Face shot. the beam is useful at all distances, while ice missles are useful for freezing for charge shots.

Chime

Skeletron Prime
Can someone tell me how to make doors that close after some time? Or maybe implement the gates from Super metroid.
If you mean the shooty doors then they are in the mod. As for closing...uh I think you could probably wire them up to close when you pass through them or something perhaps? I haven't exactly tried testing that out.

ReaperTsaku

Terrarian
is there any chance of setting mechanisms that are triggered by wire to spawn bosses? that way they can surprise attack the way they do in game? idk if it's even possible, tbf

Aeterna Sol

Official Terrarian
is there any chance of setting mechanisms that are triggered by wire to spawn bosses? that way they can surprise attack the way they do in game? idk if it's even possible, tbf
Judging by the mini-walkthrough in the first post of this thread, that's how the first boss works. Not with wires, though.

Grandirus

Terrarian
Can someone tell me how to make doors that close after some time? Or maybe implement the gates from Super metroid.
You can use the Logic Sensor "(Player Above)" on both sides of the door, with a "Logic Gate (OR)" with two lamps above de Logic Gate.
Something like this:
Image 297.png

In this case, the door opens when I approach it and closes when I move away, but it is not 100% accurate, beacuse if I shot the door, it will close when I approach. I'm working on it yet.

Top Bottom