Other Game Minecraft Thread

Someone missed a reference...

Mods for Minecraft do exist, but they're not official content. Quite a few people care about that, myself included, which is why I haven't installed any mods for Terraria either. Also, who says the DLC is going to be similar to what already is available in the form of mods? They own the IP now, they might start taking it to a whole new direction. Again, I'm not sure if this is a bad thing, considering Minecraft has been pretty stagnant for quite a while despite the updates.

Someone missed a reference...

Mods for Minecraft do exist, but they're not official content. Quite a few people care about that, myself included, which is why I haven't installed any mods for Terraria either. Also, who says the DLC is going to be similar to what already is available in the form of mods? They own the IP now, they might start taking it to a whole new direction. Again, I'm not sure if this is a bad thing, considering Minecraft has been pretty stagnant for quite a while despite the updates.

Who cares if mods are not official content? Mods are awesome, and millions of people who play Minecraft use them to enhance the experience. And MS might own the IP, but they can't tell Mojang what to do. Jeb is still the main developer of Minecraft, not Microsoft, so Jeb is still in charge of what goes into Minecraft and what doesn't, and DLC and paid updates aren't something that's being added to Minecraft. MS doesn't even know how the Minecraft codebase works. Anyway, like I said, the only people that can add stuff to Minecraft is Mojang. Not Microsoft. Microsoft can't tell Mojang what to add and what not to add.

Who cares if mods are not official content?
Like I said, I do, and lots of others.
And MS might own the IP, but they can't tell Mojang what to do. Jeb is still the main developer of Minecraft, not Microsoft, so Jeb is still in charge of what goes into Minecraft and what doesn't, and DLC and paid updates aren't something that's being added to Minecraft. MS doesn't even know how the Minecraft codebase works. Anyway, like I said, the only people that can add stuff to Minecraft is Mojang. Not Microsoft. Microsoft can't tell Mojang what to add and what not to add.
Microsoft owns the IP and as far as I know, Mojang. That literally means they can do whatever the hell they want with them. Yes, even fire Jeb and/or close down Mojang. Though that only applies if they actually bought the whole company.

Like I said, I do, and lots of others.

Microsoft owns the IP and as far as I know, Mojang. That literally means they can do whatever the hell they want with them. Yes, even fire Jeb and/or close down Mojang. Though that only applies if they actually bought the whole company.
Nope. MS can't control other companies. I don't see them controlling Bungie, now do I? I don't, which means I don't see Microsoft controlling Mojang/Minecraft either.

Nope. MS can't control other companies. I don't see them controlling Bungie, now do I? I don't, which means I don't see Microsoft controlling Mojang/Minecraft either.
If you own a company lock, stock and barrel, you can and will control it all you want. When Bungie was still with M$, I understand they had quite a good deal, but considerable executive meddling still took place.

Rareware was once upon a time a legendary developer, whose every single game was an istant classic and more popular than the plague. Then M$ got their hands on them. A couple of sub-par games later, Microsoft put them permanently churning out shovelware for the Kinect. What makes you think Mojang would receive a special treatment?

If you own a company lock, stock and barrel, you can and will control it all you want. When Bungie was still with M$, I understand they had quite a good deal, but considerable executive meddling still took place.

Rareware was once upon a time a legendary developer, whose every single game was an istant classic and more popular than the plague. Then M$ got their hands on them. A couple of sub-par games later, Microsoft put them permanently churning out shovelware for the Kinect. What makes you think Mojang would receive a special treatment?
Bungie is still owned by Microsoft. Anyway, I'm done talking about this MS/Mojang deal until it's finalized and something actually happens.

Actually Bungie is not owned by Microsoft anymore. They're currently independently owned.

Actually Bungie is not owned by Microsoft anymore. They're currently independently owned.
Oh yeah, they separated in October of 2007. My bad. Anyway, I think we are ruining the thread by just arguing back and forth about this whole Mojang/Microsoft thing.

Y'all should really stop arguing..
DLC or not, I will still play it.
I won't buy the crap but I will play the game...
Just put it behind you, and accept that it has been bought and they can kinda do what they want. (I assume)
Also, play older versions if they add something you don't like.
We should not turn this into a Microsoft hate thread, just a Minecraft one.

Minecraft is my main game, due to the fact of having a MAC. Great game in my opinion, but R.I.P in peace (Rest In Peace In Peace) Minecraft. First EULA, now Microsoft ;(:dryadcry::dryadcry:;(:dryadcry::dryadcry::dryadcry:;(;(:dryadcry:
^All the people

I used to love Minecraft... but then I started getting debilitating headaches every time I played it. My brain couldn't handle the strain of constantly generating and modifying an internal three-dimensional map. Now I can't even watch people play Minecraft without feeling like throwing up.

I'll be frank, I play Minecraft all the time, but only because of multiplayer. I really don't think Terraria could ever beat the MP aspect of Minecraft, but it completely obliterates Minecraft singleplayer.

I think it's somewhat poetic that Notch, who has spoken out against companies like microsoft and the like, ended up selling his prize jewel to one of the very companies he ridiculed.

Even if his intent was to get away from it all. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to be successful like that- becoming the "face" of his own massive money-making projects.

He just wants to sit in a basement and code cute little games for some online friends.
You can't run away from success.

I like multiplayer survival servers with plugins. its my thing. also I play on a server that people dont really sare if I engage in random bow duels with another player. good times.

i kind of like it but im not really liking the xbox version anymore and ive grown attached to pocket edition and i play it usually when im bored. i really like how the pocket edition 0.9.0+ updates added infinite worlds as i can build ALOT more and thats probably the whole reason i like pocket edition more. im also hoping to get pc version soon along with terraria so i can start new things.

however recently ive been worried about minecraft and how it will do in microsofts hands as i know they pretty much ruined rarewares great classics on the n64. i dont want them to ruin it as id be very mad and probably NEVER play again. im just hoping microsoft doesnt send another great series/game down the toilet

Back
Top Bottom