Other Game Minecraft Thread

Man i loved minecraft at thé Start but now i dont get it come on i started pré-8year old fan base but i round my way to this beauty of terraria i felt like i got to a better place even though i started at 1.1 but come on man wont judge ya brah

I used to play it a lot till around 1.6 I think? Then it went multi-platform, updates decreased in quality and quantity, the optimization took a nose dive and the API MoJang kept promising never showed up. Worse still every update pretty much forces mod makers to re-make their mods from scratch...

POS RIP DNW etc...

I feel each update improved MC's quality. Even if it forces mod makers to remake their mods, MC has more potential then last time. Map makers also get it better with each update. Originally they had NPC's talk by signs, now they can ACTUALLY talk. And they can give them custom skins. On a related note, some people now know how to literally put the resource pack in the map itself, so you just start up the map, and the pack is already active. This IS just my opinion though. And I respect yours. I feel it's good to hear other's opinions.

I feel each update improved MC's quality. Even if it forces mod makers to remake their mods, MC has more potential then last time. Map makers also get it better with each update. Originally they had NPC's talk by signs, now they can ACTUALLY talk. And they can give them custom skins.

It's like a completely new game! :O

Yeah that was definitely worth making the game unplayable on mid-range PC's.

Heh, okay to be fair I actually didn't know that happened, but you can now change the version of MC you're playing easily.

Minecraft is a good game, I started my personality for creativity and gaming in there. But when I got Terraria, I found that Minecraft isn't that good since there are barely any items, lots of things have the same texture, not much variety, no vanity, no items that give you epic abilities, no scattered loot, caves not decorated, NPCs look like human Squidwards, not AS creative mobs, mobs don't have assorted textures, some mobs cause destruction, two bosses: one easy as crap, other is hard as crap. The only thing I really like Minecraft more than Terraria is that the music is better. The only tracks I like better in Terraria than Minecraft are: Overworld day, Boss 1, Boss 2, Boss 3. Yet some noobs who make it obvious they haven't played Terraria go around on MC vs. Terraria videos saying that Minecraft is better. I doubt that. I also use Minecraft-formatted character for most of my drawings. Also Terraria actually has way better graphics than Minecraft. -BJ

I respect your opinion, please keep that in mind when reading this. MC is supposed to be really simple, that's part of what draws me to it. Also the graphics are ment to be simple, if you want better graphics you can get resource packs and shaders. However they can lag the game, I'll admit that. But I still see your point, but some people prefer the simple things over the complicated.

I have Minecraft for mobile and Xbone, and I love it. I'm more peeved that I can't find out when that PE update will drop on Android (and I all ready have to add a week for Amazon...).

I've played MC since 1.0.0, and I really enjoyed playing with no mods until about 1.5.2, which is when I was introduced to Thaumcraft. I immediately fell in love, and I started playing modded MC a lot more. Ever since then, I get really bored with vanilla very fast, unless it's mini-games with friends. Now I make modpacks(Such as Inflation Before Power and Immersive Thaumaturgy, which can both be found on Curse Voice). I used to be texture artist, and I did texturing for various mods and for a resource pack called "Unity," but I retired from doing so, because I don't have the work ethic to be able to dedicate myself to doing texturing.

TL;DR - I have a lot of experience with MC, both vanilla and modded.

There's no such thing as a wand in vanilla Minecraft. Did you mean a Blaze rod? They're just crafting ingredients.
Perhaps you're playing on some kind of server or map where they created an artificial wand using commands?

I mean the thing that lets you manipulate the map easier in creative. Like flattening an entire area without having to tediously take down the blocks one by one.

Back
Top Bottom