Other Game Minecraft Thread

Would be funny if it actually came out eventually, but only for Xbox One and Xbox 10.

EDIT: Windows 10*

EDIT 2: Actually no, screw it, I was correct the first time.

i think mc and terraria are just as good as each other terraria is fun and has FAR more content as well as insane challenges while minecraft is 3D has FAR more building possibilities and is calmer and easier when starting off

I am personally annoyed at the snapshot, the dual wielding is clunky, it's just another inventory slot for now. And it proceeds to ridiculous crap, such as shooting a bow with a shield in your other hand. If they add a shield, then honestly you have no reason not to have one in your second hand slot, because they won't be able to add two-handed weapons at least to offer alternatives.
From a combat update, I was expecting the implementation of new mechanics, and so far only lingering potions are doing that... The thing with the arrows could be done via command blocks, if I'm not mistaken.Hitscan weapons? High rate of fire ones? Different speeds on different tools to make them all combat viable? As in, axe = higher damage than sword but slower and smaller DPS, shovel = knockback++... Well, eh. I can't really say I expected a lot from it.
Also, purpur blocks. That thing is horrible, it looks horrible, it's obtained in a way which makes no sense whatsoever, the ender houses are ugly, and how did they manage to get a wrong color palette on something as easy to pull off as the End?
And a fruit that teleports you around as an innovative feature. All I can see as a consequence of that are BS deaths from falling in the void. Or in lava. Or just simple loss of time.
Minecraft was a nice game, but the last update and this are really kinda meh.
minecraft is 3D has FAR more building possibilities and is calmer and easier when starting off
Terraria is comparable in terms of first night difficulty to Minecraft, I mean, you can hide in a hole or go bashing em all with your wood sword. The 3D aspect definitely helps building mechanisms and more realistic stuff, but as you said, Terraria has far more content, including building blocks and a paint mechanic, so that's arguable. A definite plus Minecraft has are pistons. All other mechanics in Minecraft can be replicated to an extent in Terraria. In a way less intuitive way, but still can be replicated.

I own the PS4 version of Minecraft, I usually play it when I don't know what to do in Terraria on my PS4.

For me, minecraft feels like the developers squandered it. Sure, it's fun with servers and mods and plugins, but the devs didn't bother making it fun on it's own. Still though, it's pretty fun sometimes.

I started playing Minecraft on version 1.2.5 and played until 1.8 and then I discovered terraria, I belive I would never hear of terraria if I didn't play Minecraft (splash screen you know) and I stopped playing it, we'll, I play it little bit but I play terraria more

(wall of text incoming)
i stopped updating minecraft since 1.5.2, for various reasons such as healing taking a stupid amount of hunger, healing and regen potions(which already sucked) being nerfed, dungeons turning into wal-marts(saddles, horse armor and name tags), horses being better at combat than wolves, zombies seeing you from 5 miles away, laser sharks(guardians), killer rabbits, 50 new useless and ugly types of stone, 50 one hit plants that cover almost every single grass block, roses being removed, shall i go on? it's like they just decided to add any crazy thing that happened to cross their mind without trying to actually make the game good. meanwhile the guy on the forums keeps talking about the bright future minecraft has, and the amazing community(don't make me laugh). personally, i think terraria is way better managed.

I agree with some of your statements. But not all of them. Zombies go down easy so them seeing you from farther isn't a big deal, horses can't even fight, so wolves are still more useful. Killer rabbits are extremely rare, and I find they are a charming reference, but I still don't think they fit in Mc, and guardians are kind of cool. Lawl jk, they are REALLY annoying. But I definitely agree that Mc doesn't have a good vanilla future. But servers and Mc maps I feel are only getting better. The new command blocks should help in 1.9. But most of your statements I agree with.

Apparently there was this "Minecraft game" on the Apple store that called itself "Minecraft: Pocket Edition 2." It's not Minecraft, it's a swiping game with Scorpion in it, who he isn't related to Minecraft at all.

I also think Minecraft is overrated, but it's not a bad game.

minecraft is a fine building medium *looks at MCME and other similar organizations* but as a GAME, (as in playing survival mode) terraria > minecraft mostly because microsoft brutally murdered minecraft somewhere along the road.
at least thats how i see it.
(btw im not including mods in this 'comparison')

minecraft is a fine building medium *looks at MCME and other similar organizations* but as a GAME, (as in playing survival mode) terraria > minecraft mostly because microsoft brutally murdered minecraft somewhere along the road.
at least thats how i see it.
(btw im not including mods in this 'comparison')
Brutally murdered it by doing absolutely nothing.

Reasons are usually good.

Back
Top Bottom