Game Mechanics Minor change to rope mechanics

djdeadbeat

Terrarian
Whether it's by placement or by hammering it, I'd like for rope to be laid out diagonally. This can serve both a practical and an aesthetic purpose.

Practical: Zip-lining! Yet another option for covering a lot of ground. There already are minecart tracks, but rope zip-lining would require less investment in material.

Aesthetic: Rope-bridges. As the picture below shows, you can make a pretty sturdy looking equivalent, but it has to be on the straight and narrow and doesn't really look as authentic as I'd like without a bit of bend to the rope. Crossed up ropes would definitely add to aesthetics in general. And for the matter of rope bridges, derelict rope bridges and platforms would be a cool random world spawn, but may or may not take a lot of additional work.

IBKkVrm.jpg

I think to tie this all together, why not tie something like this together with how stair building with wooden platforms is being linked with the smart cursor?

You beat me to it! I would definitely like zip lines. I was reminded of this when I saw an impressive steampunk airship on a server and it used zigzaggy chains to connect to the blimp. Need a way to make them diagonal!

>ziplines

One-way minecart tracks that are cheaper? Yes please.

Also, having a way to lay out ropes horizontally without placing loads of ones you don't want to would be nice too.

Support! I've always had the same problem with ropes, and it would be nice to have this feature.

Back
Top Bottom