tModLoader Miscellania

Are item vacuums ever going to work on Multiplayer? It's such a great addition to the game but not having it work in multiplayer is a bummer
Yes, please. Me and my mates are gonna do a massive co-op once journey's end comes out and it'll be nice to be able to use vacuums for automation in the endgame.

Yes, please. Me and my mates are gonna do a massive co-op once journey's end comes out and it'll be nice to be able to use vacuums for automation in the endgame.
So I have it working pretty well there is one graphical bug(it seems to create ghost items occasionally, but the items enter the chest), I want other people to try it my brain is tired from testing it.
I plan on pushing it to the mod browser if people fail in finding duplication bugs
This IS a Beta, I want testers but if you find a bug please try to find a way to reproduce the bug so i can try to fix it.

EDIT: Pushed a update to ModBrowser I tested it more and I was happy with it

Last edited:
So I have it working pretty well there is one graphical bug(it seems to create ghost items occasionally, but the items enter the chest), I want other people to try it my brain is tired from testing it.
I plan on pushing it to the mod browser if people fail in finding duplication bugs
This IS a Beta, I want testers but if you find a bug please try to find a way to reproduce the bug so i can try to fix it.
There have been multiple instances where, in a host and play, item vacuums did not work. Was a while ago tho, so it might be fixed, just though i'd bring it up since the other guy mentioned it (and because it is a very annoying bug)

There have been multiple instances where, in a host and play, item vacuums did not work. Was a while ago tho, so it might be fixed, just though i'd bring it up since the other guy mentioned it (and because it is a very annoying bug)
I know I attached a version to my previous post that should work. It didn't have any support for multiplayer previously.

Released a version to mod browser that makes Item Vacuum work in multiplayer and thanks Jopojelly for help with the previous graphic bug.

so ive encountered and issue/ bug with the ancient hell forges and or ancient forges. they seem to be preventing new world gen every time you go to create one. dont know if its just me or if its a common issue. also dont know its its because its just conflicting with another mod

So I've encountered an issue/ bug with the ancient hell forges and or ancient forges. They seem to be preventing new world gen every time you go to create one. I don't know if it's just me or if it's a common issue. Also, I don't know it's because it's just conflicting with another mod.

You are not the only one, my friend.
My world generation stops at the Ancient Hellforge generation.

You are not the only one, my friend.
My world generation stops at the Ancient Hellforge generation.

What world size and evil biome?
are you using TerraCustom?

I don't have these issues, if I can't reproduce it, I can't fix it easily.

I think I have all of these mod pages watched but I didn't get DeathFinalMod's notification, so Apologies.

Just an idea:
Broken Magic Mirror
Crafting recipe: Magic Mirror/Ice Mirror + 5 Mana Crystals on auto-hammer.
Effect: If used, the mirror will teleport the player to a random location consuming 1/6 of the player's mana. It also gives to the player "Unluck" for 2 minute, a custom debuff that:
- Makes the critical hit chance go to 0% on every class.
- Decreases drop rates by half.
- Increase prices by 50%.
- Nullifies "Luck".
Debuff icon: a four-leaf clover with one of the leafs ripped apart.
Purpose: To make unlimited random teleport on late-game while giving it somekind of bad side.
----
Really just an idea.

Just an idea:
Broken Magic Mirror
Crafting recipe: Magic Mirror/Ice Mirror + 5 Mana Crystals on auto-hammer.
Effect: If used, the mirror will teleport the player to a random location consuming 1/6 of the player's mana. It also gives to the player "Unluck" for 2 minute, a custom debuff that:
- Makes the critical hit chance go to 0% on every class.
- Decreases drop rates by half.
- Increase prices by 50%.
- Nullifies "Luck".
Debuff icon: a four-leaf clover with one of the leafs ripped apart.
Purpose: To make unlimited random teleport on late-game while giving it somekind of bad side.
----
Really just an idea.
IMO it should teleport to spawnpoint with a cooldown.

I'm pretty sure nobody will use an unlimited random teleportation device with that recipe and debuff list.

Ported this to 1.4, message me on the steam page or here if you find a bug.

New update published steam page lists the changes.
A few bugfixes
Only new feature is the autofisher can catch enemies.

Last edited:
Can you possibly add a hotkey for teleportation with Rod of Warping, or flag it so other mods can view it as RoD

Can you possibly add a hotkey for teleportation with Rod of Warping, or flag it so other mods can view it as RoD
The rod discord hotkey mod doesn't expose a API that would allow that. however you can use the "Use Item #20" hotkey in helpful hotkeys.

EDIT: Stormy Tuna graciously added support for it download latest versions of both mods.

Last edited:
Hello. I think the Red Chimney from Miscellania crashes the game. I place the Red Chimney in my world and while saving manually through "save & exit" or periodically through autosave, the game crashes. When I reload the game, the Red Chimney is gone but it seems like everything else was saved. I attached the client.log from the latest crash, but for convenience here's the end of the file.
[11:38:31.492] [.NET ThreadPool Worker/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IO.IOException: Invalid NBT payload type 'GoldensMisc.Tiles.RedChimneyTE+State'
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TagIO.GetPayloadId(Type t) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\TagIO.cs:line 179
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TagIO.Serialize(Object value) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\TagIO.cs:line 188
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TagCompound.Set(String key, Object value, Boolean replace) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\TagCompound.cs:line 57
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TileIO.SaveTileEntities() in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\TileIO_TEs.cs:line 21
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.Save(String path, Boolean isCloudSave) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\WorldIO.cs:line 25
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.InternalSaveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime) in tModLoader\Terraria\IO\WorldFile.cs:line 564
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.<>c__DisplayClass57_0.<SaveWorld>b__0() in tModLoader\Terraria\IO\WorldFile.cs:line 500
at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.ProtectedInvoke(Action action) in tModLoader\Terraria\Utilities\FileUtilities.cs:line 170
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.SaveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime) in tModLoader\Terraria\IO\WorldFile.cs:line 499
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.SaveWorld() in tModLoader\Terraria\IO\WorldFile.cs:line 476
at Terraria.WorldGen.SaveAndQuitCallBack(Object threadContext) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 2454
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.Execute()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading.PortableThreadPool.WorkerThread.WorkerThreadStart()
at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()

[11:38:31.495] [.NET ThreadPool Worker/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IO.IOException: NBT Serialization (key=s,type=GoldensMisc.Tiles.RedChimneyTE+State,value=Active)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TagCompound.Set(String key, Object value, Boolean replace) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\TagCompound.cs:line 57
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TileIO.SaveTileEntities() in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\TileIO_TEs.cs:line 21
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.Save(String path, Boolean isCloudSave) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\WorldIO.cs:line 25
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.InternalSaveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime) in tModLoader\Terraria\IO\WorldFile.cs:line 564
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.<>c__DisplayClass57_0.<SaveWorld>b__0() in tModLoader\Terraria\IO\WorldFile.cs:line 500
at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.ProtectedInvoke(Action action) in tModLoader\Terraria\Utilities\FileUtilities.cs:line 170
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.SaveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime) in tModLoader\Terraria\IO\WorldFile.cs:line 499
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.SaveWorld() in tModLoader\Terraria\IO\WorldFile.cs:line 476
at Terraria.WorldGen.SaveAndQuitCallBack(Object threadContext) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 2454

[11:38:31.510] [.NET ThreadPool Worker/ERROR] [tML]: Unhandled Exception
System.IO.IOException: NBT Serialization (key=s,type=GoldensMisc.Tiles.RedChimneyTE+State,value=Active)
---> System.IO.IOException: Invalid NBT payload type 'GoldensMisc.Tiles.RedChimneyTE+State'
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TagIO.GetPayloadId(Type t) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\TagIO.cs:line 179
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TagIO.Serialize(Object value) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\TagIO.cs:line 188
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TagCompound.Set(String key, Object value, Boolean replace) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\TagCompound.cs:line 63
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TagCompound.Set(String key, Object value, Boolean replace) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\TagCompound.cs:line 63

Attachments

• client.log
    57 KB · Views: 26
Hello. I think the Red Chimney from Miscellania crashes the game. I place the Red Chimney in my world and while saving manually through "save & exit" or periodically through autosave, the game crashes. When I reload the game, the Red Chimney is gone but it seems like everything else was saved. I attached the client.log from the latest crash, but for convenience here's the end of the file.
Hello Bertram, I don't check theses forums as often as I do the steam workshop. I know what problem is. Meantime don't use the chimney. I want people who are having issues with loading to give me a log then I will push the update.

Last edited:
I've been using this mod for a while. It's a nice small mod that adds various interesting things. I'd like to report some bugs and oversights, give some suggestions and ask some questions about the mod.

1. This mod doesn't have a Bestiary Icon. I guess you will add a custom sprite for it because you're only maintaining the mod, but maybe you could add a Baseball Cap since Baseball Bats are the only enemies in the mod.

2. Baseball bats don't have a background in the Bestiary. Bestiary descriptions for them would be nice as well. With as many bat puns as you can think of!))

3. Baseball Lava Bats start spawning after you defeat the Wall of Flesh, not after you defeat one mechanical boss like normal Lava Bats do.

4. Skeletal Staff can't be used to target sentries and minions by right-clicking it.

5. I think Demon Crown should have a more accurate description than "grants great magical powers".

6. In my opinion Ring of Magnetism should include Treasure Magnet as well. I just think Universal Magnet and Treasure Magnet must have a tinker since they do almost the same thing (Treasure Magnet also increases the coin pickup range though). This will make the accessory even better, but I don't think that's a big problem. Just make sure to make Treasure Magnet effect not stack with the Hand of Creation!))
It'd also be nice for a Ring of Magnetism to get an equipped sprite, but I understand if that's not going to happen.

7. I think God Stone should be disabled by default. It's an unobtainable item, most people wouldn't even see it. Also, I'm not sure if it's researchable or not right now, but I don't think it should be.

8. Autofisher can catch Blood Moon enemies. It can be a good thing or a bad thing. I guess you should add a way to turn this ability on and off.

9. When the mod's ported to 1.4.4, what's going to happen to the Rod of Warping (it's kind of obsolete since a Rod of Harmony has been added) and the Network Cell Phone (I think it's better to craft a Shell Phone and keep a Wormhole Mirror in the inventory or in a Void Bag)?

10. A reminder to make an Ancient Muramasa convertable to a normal Muramasa in the Shimmer and vice versa to be consistent with Ancient armors. Same thing could be done for the Ancients Forges.

11. I think changes to Gem Staffs should be removed in the 1.4.4 version of the mod since weaker Gem Staffs got buffed in 1.4.4.
Also, would be nice to have alternative gems staffs for an Opal Staff and an Aquamarine Staff from Thorium, but I guess that won't ever be added.

12. Baseball Bats don't drop banners. Maybe they should count as bat variants for Bat Banners (for example, Baseball Jungle Bat will count as a bat for a Jungle Bat Banner). I'm not sure if they are affected by Bat Banners as well, but definitely should if you add this change.

13. Could you, please, reduce the chance of getting drops from Baseball Bats? Yhey spawn quite iften and their droos aren't very useful after you've defeated a couple of first bosses. The Baseball Cap can have a 5% chance to drop, for example.

14. I highly doubt you'll add this, but a Baseball Spore Bat enemy would be nice to have. Some resprites for the Baseball Bats would also be nice since some of them use outdated Bat sprites.

15. Baseball Bats don't drop Bat Bat. Also, Baseball Illuminant Bat drops Blessed Apple which shouldn't be the case since it only drops from Unicorns after the 1.4 update.

16. In 1.4.1 Mechanic's Rod's fishing power was reduced from 35% to 30%, was this change made to the Autofisher as well? If not, it should be made for consistency.

I hope you'll find my feedback helpful. Good luck developing the mod!

Last edited:
I've been using this mod for a while. It's a nice small mod that adds various interesting things. I'd like to report some bugs and oversights, give some suggestions and ask some questions about the mod.

I hope you'll find my feedback helpful. Good luck developing the mod!
1. Yeah Art isn't my skillset. I have asked GardenApple but it isn't a high priority for me
3. Probably should be done.
4. you mean target NPCs like sentries and minions?
5. Maybe, text changes require translation.
6. A version of this is in the 1.4.4 version
9. Bunch of those are disabled by default.
10. missed this. I will do that.
11. I applied the same buffs to the staffs in this mod.
12. This is a good idea(they should use their respective variants banners)
15. Will do.
16. Yep it is already done.

Expect these changes in the next version. No ETA, Since 1.4.4 just launched. I am TModloader Devs requiring more API changes.

I am less active here. but I do check in every so often.

Back
Top Bottom