Mod Ideas?

Hey another mod you can make is a tornado. There can be a small chance of this happening in the desert.
[doublepost=1460579746,1460579604][/doublepost]The tornado could throw you in the air including enemies, and/or maybe the tornado can shuffle blocks around.

Reactions: TMC
I would love a mod that adds alternate crafting recipes for fishing potions. I could help with recipe ideas.

Since I can't put spoilers on my profile, I will put the list here

My Mod Ideas focuses on making Terraria life easier by adding Technology to do repetitive work for you.
The Ideas, if made reality, will add lots of things to your terraria world to help with boring tasks for higher level players.

The main items in the mod are Drones, Robots, and Turrets.

I will now include a list for all of the tech varients.
All technology will be able to use modded Weapons and ammo types
any weapons given to the tech with special effects will have those special effects carry over to the technology wielding it
Drones = About 2X3 in size = Will have different AI types depending on what AI chip is given to it
  • Scanner = Scans for assigned resources or entitys and alerts the repective mod tech to the area where the scanner drone found them
  • Hunter = Basic Defence Drone = Uses all bow and arrow types as well as pre-hardmode guns and bullets
  • Shotgun = A more advanced Drone = Uses guns that fire several bullets at once
  • Rocket = Uses rocket firing weapons and rockets as ammo
  • Laser = Uses Laser firing weapons and has mana for ammo
  • Vortex = Uses Pillar class weapons and accepts all bullet types
  • Defender = Sticks around Npc's and protects them against the Baddies
  • Collecter = Collects fallen items and coins
  • Magic = Uses magic weapons (Not including Summon types) and has mana for ammo

Turrets = Require base to function = The gun in use will slowly spin 360 degrees unless it spots a target and will follow that instead
  • Crossbow = The most basic type of Turret = Uses all arrow firing weapons and arrows
  • Revolver = Uses bullets and pre-hardmode bullet firing weapons = Only uses weapons with slow to fast firing rates
  • Shotgun = Uses guns that fire multiple bullets at once
  • Gatling = Uses hardmode guns that fire very fast to insanely fast
  • Laser = Uses weapons that fire lasers and has mana for ammo
  • Flame = Uses flame shooting weapons and consumes Gel
  • Dart = Uses dart firing weapons
  • Spike ball = Uses Spikey Ball traps as weapons = Uses Spikey balls as ammo
  • Artillery = Launches Shells and grenades at enemies for a large area of damage = will not distroy tiles no matter what = Rockets/Grenades as ammo
  • Sniper = Uses Hardmode guns with firing rates from Snails pace to Very slow
  • Flak = Specializes in Anti-air Capabilities (can still fire at ground targets but will immediatly shoot at airborne targets first) = Fires Heat-seaking Rockets at foes
  • Rocket = Uses Rocket firing weapons and consumes Rockets
  • Launcher = Uses any weapons with special Ammo types
  • Forcefield = Emits a force field that will block hostile enemies and projectiles from entering = If Npc's dont have a house, they will go to nearby Force field turrets instead = Consumes Wire
  • Collecter = Collects nearby dropped items and coins and deposites them in nearby chests = Consumes Wire
  • Healer = Heals Damaged Players and Npc's = Beam stength depends on what Potion is given = Consumes Health Potions :nursetongue:
  • Summon = Summons Minions Depending on what summon weapon is given to it = Uses mana = five minions max
  • Lightning Rod = Makes lightning strike foes from the sky and paralizes them = Consumes Iron Ore
  • Tesla = Zaps enemies with balls of electricity = looks similar to Martian Tesla Turret = Consumes wire
  • Freezer = Freezes enemies or slows them down = Consumes Frozen slime blocks
  • Magic = Uses magic weapons = consumes Mana
Robots = looks like white colored Cyborgs = Can use spare wings to fly infinitely

• Locater = Explores the Map and filles it out = Alerts other tech of resources it finds
  • Helper = Basic robot = Follows you around and completes tasks set by user
  • Defender = Defends Npcs from harm
  • Collector = Collects Nearby Items and deposits them in nearby chests
  • Lunberjack = Chops trees = requires axe
  • Miner = mines Prehardmode ores = requires pickaxe
  • Driller = Mines hardmode ores = Requires Pickaxe
  • Builder = Builds structures when given an area and Building Schematics
  • Fighter = Uses what ever weapons given to it to take down enemies
  • Chest transferer = Moves items across chests
  • Planter = Plants assigned seeds in pots
  • Harvestor = Looks for plants and collects seeds and other plants as well as strange plants
  • Sentry = Stand guard in a selected area
Upgrades = Improves at most 2 stats to Mod tech

• Damage
  • Fire rate
  • Critical Strike Chance
  • infinite ammo
  • storage space
  • potion effect
  • movement speed
  • drill power
  • axe power
  • pickaxe power
  • ore sensor
NPC's = Sells most of the items in the mod

• Defence engineer = Wears the Engineer clothing and resembles the Engineer from TF2 in quotes = Sells Turrets = requires Martians to be defeated
  • Drone engineer = Looks like Arms dealer but with blonde hair and a blue cape = Sells Drones and Drone AI chips = Requeires Mechanical bosses to be defeated
  • Technologist = Looks like a male Steam punker`:passionate: = Sells Robots = requires the golem to be defeated

Items = These range to Crafting stations to items needed to customize the Mod tech

• Tech Assembly Station = Most essential crafting station for mod tech = Sold by mechanic
  • Frequency tuner = Tunes tech frequency for Laptop = Sold by Steam punker
  • Laptop = Crafted with 5 iron bars, 3 wire, 2 wire bulbs, and one switch = Used for wireless upgrading, wireless activition, and wireless reloading, has its own GUI
  • Papermill = sold by steampunker = Makes paper out of cobwebs
  • Building schematic = 10 paper, 1 blue dye = Given to builder robots to build structures
  • Schematic Stamper = Sold by Technologist = gives schematics their intructions for building structures = Has its own GUI
  • Turret base = 10 iron bars, 5 wire = base for turret placement = add 20 gel for placement on walls and ceilings
  • Drone Perimeter marker = 2 silver bars, 5 iron bars, 3 wire, 1 wire bulb = Marks drones with certin AI to patrol an area marked with the perimeter markers
  • Drone AI chip = Sold by Drone engineer = depending on what chip it is, will make the drone patrol the whole map surface, stay in the perimeters, follow you or follow scanner drones
  • Grand Power Station = 10 adamantite, 15 cobalt, 20 iron, 50 wire, 3 switches, 4 levers, 10 wirebulbs, 1 Powercell = needed for mod tech to opperate.
  • Portible config remote = 2 iron bars, 3 wire, 1 wire bulb = Opens Tech Config GUI
I hope you can make this a reality
It's my dream you know

Last edited:
I'm kinda sorry but I don't think you understand how much dedication is require to make mod. Have you ever worked with an API ? Have you ever done Coding. Its not that simple you know :O
I mean, I'm actually a programmer and I tried to learn the terraria API but when I saw it I was like, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOPE. Its not like just clicking, add mob, setup the hp, atk, defense and texture ... It's way more advance than that. Anyway, if you actually choose to make some, good luck but most of the time it require a team.
Terraria scripting is easy

Terraria scripting is easy
That really totally depends on what you're making to be honest.
If you're just creating a generic sword, then sure; it's easy. If you're creating a Magic staff that fires a bolt which briefly slows down NPC movement in an AoE, you're not talking about easy anymore.
I'm not trying to contradict your statement; just laying down my opinion.

P.S.
Since Terraria makes use of C# as language, it's called programming; not scripting. Scripting languages are quite a bit different from programming languages :p

Last edited:
Ok
That really totally depends on what you're making to be honest.
If you're just creating a generic sword, then sure; it's easy. If you're creating a Magic staff that fires a bolt which briefly slows down NPC movement in an AoE, you're not talking about easy anymore.
I'm not trying to contradict your statement; just laying doenmymy opinion.

P.S.
Since Terraria makes use of C# as language, it's called programming; not scripting. Scripting languages are quite a bit different from programming languages :p
Ok

I have little Idea, why dont make other race, new race we can take on terraria, like elf, demon, Avali? all race have spécial stat, like:

Human Polyvalant,
Demon: immute lava and fire
Avali resistent frost and more speed and jump

and more!

well... i have an idea for a post-moon lord new npc

i have no ideas for a name so please give me some ideas! also any time i write ----- that is just where i'd put the name

this is its looks (you can open it in paint or something to see it more clearly) btw whoever creates this mod has permission to change the sprite
upload_2018-9-23_22-52-1.png

The ----- will move in once the following criteria are met:

a empty house is present
a player has defeated the moon lord at least four times
a player is wearing a full set of luminite armor (i.e stardust armor, vortex armor ect.)

----- will defend himself/herself with the celebration

NOTES
please note that all prices can be changed, i'm not 100% sure on them.
also the treasure bags he/she sells are 10 gold on expert mode
*must have defeated at least once

inventory

item.........................................................price......................................availability

celestial sigil............................................40 gold..................................always

super healing potion................................5 gold....................................always

super mana potion..................................3 gold....................................always

king slime treasure bag...........................50 gold...................................*

eye of cthulhu treasure bag.....................50 gold...................................*

eater of worlds treasure bag...................50 gold...................................*

brain of cthulhu treasure bag...................50 gold...................................*

queen bee treasure bag...........................50 gold...................................*

skeletron treasure bag.............................50 gold....................................*

wall of flesh treasure bag.........................50 gold....................................*

the destroyer treasure bag.......................50 gold....................................*

the twins treasure bag..............................50 gold....................................*

skeletron prime treasure bag....................50 gold....................................*

plantera treasure bag................................50 gold....................................*

golem treasure bag...................................50 gold....................................*

betsy treasure bag....................................50 gold....................................*

duke fishron treasure bag.........................50 gold....................................*

moon lord treasure bag.............................50 gold....................................*

meowmere................................................50 gold.....................................always

star wrath..................................................50 gold.....................................always

terrarian.....................................................50 gold....................................always

celebration.................................................50 gold.....................................always

S.D.M.G.....................................................50 gold....................................always

last prism....................................................50 gold....................................always

lunar flare...................................................50 gold....................................always

lunar portal staff..........................................50 gold....................................always

rainbow crystal staff....................................50 gold....................................always

soooo yeah thats my mod idea, please turn it into a reality, that would be awesome.

.....................................................i hope you liked it!.............................................................

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-23_22-48-46.png
    upload_2018-9-23_22-48-46.png
    992 bytes · Views: 63
new biome/boss

so... the crimson is themed off of cthulhu's guts and blood. the corruption is themed off of
his intestine and kinda his soul... but where's his bones!?!

the skeletoll biome is made out of his bones. the sprite for all the blocks are... you know... boney

the generation of the crimson is a deep zig-zagging tunnel to a giant open area where you smash crimson hearts and fight the brain of cthulhu.

the generation of the corruption is a bunch of straight holes down to a horizontal cave where you smash shadow orbs and fight the eater of worlds.

the generation of the skeletoll biome is a 4-10 block hole down to a 8-20 block circular cave where you smash joints and fight a boss that i don't know yet.

so yeah that's the idea
[doublepost=1537760360,1537760337][/doublepost]this one's simple but i think that it should happen:

the moon lord should drop the stardust dragon staff and you can craft the lunar portal staff.

just because i find it very annoying that the moon lord just drops sentries.

you should just buff the stardust dragon staff a little and nerf the lunar portal staff a little.
[doublepost=1537760375][/doublepost]i would loooooooooooooove it so much if there was a mod that made it so the corruption/crimson would not spread.
i like that the wall of flesh makes that V shape of the evil biome but i just wish you wouldn't have to worry about it so much, it's just annoying.

i think that the hallow should still spread but at a MUCH slower pace.
[doublepost=1537760827][/doublepost]my cousin had an idea a while back of a corrupt and crimson charger (similar to the antlion charger) it would be slightly stronger version.
here is the art:
upload_2018-9-23_23-46-49.png

[doublepost=1537761009][/doublepost]also... could there be a hardmode enemy called the acid slime?

i have a few sprite ideas, i don't think there very good.
upload_2018-9-23_23-49-59.png

[doublepost=1537761345][/doublepost]i think an pegasus as an enemy would be epic.
i tried making a sprite but it was horrific.

npc architect that has his own crew and we'll make a village for you paying them with gold make a freestyle Building without any build limit and give it to them as a blueprint and over time they will make it for you the price will be higher if you do not give them supplies to build with and they can make their own random structures if you want any resources they dig up like dirt Stone iron will be put in a chest waiting for you so say if you have a building that has a basement built in they will store the items they dig up for you it will show you a outline of your building when you so you can go adventuring and town housing will be made for you overtime any player place blocks will be deleted if it is in the build area

Back
Top Bottom