Game Mechanics Modifiers for "The" Weapons

according to @rangerofthewest, This is just this code that needs to be added
Also, I'll support this too
I agree, but there needs to be something more like
Code:
public string applyPrefix(string prefix)
{
if(this.name.subString(0,3) == "The"){
string revisedName = this.name.replace("The ", "The " + prefix);
return revisedName;
}else{
return this.name + prefix;
}
}

I'm going to repeat what I said on TO.

Don't change it to 'The Legendary Breaker' etc., that would remove the emphasis on the 'the' part of the original name, it completely removes the uniqueness the word 'the' implies.

I would much rather have it change to 'Legendary - The Breaker', it sounds much better and seperating the words like that should be proper english.

^ so much this.

I'm not going to argue that having 'The Axe' turn into 'The Legendary Axe' sounds better than 'Legendary The Axe'.

However, I can say that 'The Legendary Axe' to me does not seem to be 'The Axe' with a legendary prefix anymore. In fact, it feels more like an 'Axe' with a legendary prefix. The 'The' in the name isn't simply a word that stresses the item's uniqueness. It is actually a part of the name. 'The Axe' is 'The Axe'. 'The Axe' is not 'Axe'. They're two completely different objects.

Take for example, the book called 'The Invisible Man'. If I were to deem it great, I wouldn't really call it 'The Great Invisible Man'. I couldn't call it 'Great The Invisible Man' either.

So why not separate them to worry less about grammar? 'Great - The Invisible Man' or 'The Invisible Man [Great]' are rather decent examples.

Last edited:
The Axe of Legends?
That would require adding alternate suffix words for each prefix, of otherwise changing them.

I'll just add the alternate solution to the main post for good measure, with various formats.
Legendary - The Axe
(Legendary) The Axe
The Axe - Legendary
The Axe (Legendary)
The Axe: Legenday

Somehow, all of these ways of changing it from "Heavy The Breaker" don't sound too great to me. I have a different idea. Let's take Suweeka's example:
Take for example, the book called 'The Invisible Man'. If I were to deem it great, I wouldn't really call it 'The Great Invisible Man'. I couldn't call it 'Great The Invisible Man' either.
In this example, I'd say 'The great "The Invisible Man"', or 'The classic "The Lord of the Rings" books', stuff like that. Now, while it would of course look strange to have The Heavy "The Breaker", I honestly think it'd look better than the other propositions.
Though, if this is too strange for you, I'd go with The Breaker (Heavy), even though that reminds me of the terrible German translation that translates "Godly" with "Religious".

Leganday? typo!! :cool::eek:
If you're going to necro for the sake of a typo, could you not at least spell it right? Sz said Legenday, not Leganday.

Otherwise, I believe Nira's idea is good, quotation marks give a better "Item of legend" feeling than things like parantheses, might be because quotation marks are used more in books.

If you're going to necro for the sake of a typo, could you not at least spell it right? Sz said Legenday, not Leganday.

Otherwise, I believe Nira's idea is good, quotation marks give a better "Item of legend" feeling than things like parantheses, might be because quotation marks are used more in books.
I'm sorry;(;(

I actually hear many people say nah, cool but a waste of time, but that has nothing to do with the background value. For example that new running animation theyre adding? if someone put that here would you say the same? I would.

I think this is an awesome idea and would smooth out words much easier and make them roll off the tounge

I dunno. It would be proper English. But on the other hand, it would change the name of the weapon itself having the modifier in front of the "The"

I'm kinda torn on this one.

Back
Top Bottom