• Incendiary Shot.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Hot Shot.

Votes: 40 44.0%

• Total voters
Hot shots. Best name ever.:naughty:
I couldn't help myself
MIScspX.png

It was difficult to decide whether I liked Incendiary shot or Hot shot better. In either case, this would make Hellstone actually worth grinding for more than once.

I think they should be called Incendiary Bullets, because that's what they are called in real life. But I think the recipe should be...
Musket_Ball.png
x50 +
Living_Fire_Block.png
= Incendiary Bullets

There is no point wasting hellstone on bullets that inflict one second of "on fire". Even the Frostburn debuff lasts for something like seven, and that does two damage per tick instead of one. One second of On Fire is going to do about 2 or 3 damage, so why? I don't understand.

There is no point wasting hellstone on bullets that inflict one second of "on fire". Even the Frostburn debuff lasts for something like seven, and that does two damage per tick instead of one. One second of On Fire is going to do about 2 or 3 damage, so why? I don't understand.
See "Magma Stone"

Keep in mind that you're going to be shooting several bullets per second. Only one of those bullets per second has to land in order to keep the debuff going.

EDIT: Not just that, but Incendiary shot has a greater base damage.

But if you are doing that much damage with the bullets, the debuff isn't going to play any real part in the kill. If you want a debuff that does actual damage, use frostburn arrows. You can get then a LOT earlier too.

Keep in mind that you're going to be shooting several bullets per second. Only one of those bullets per second has to land in order to keep the debuff going.
That's the problem with DoT. Unless you're trying to maintain a debuff on several enemies at once, there is no point in having a debuff duration longer than one second. If you have a problem with this, than you have a problem with all DoT debuffs, because they all deal a pathetic amount of damage compared to the weapon itself.

i like this idea :) but how would you get hell cinder?
Click "Hell Cinder" in the main post. It's a link to Baconfry's suggestion on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom