Blocks & Decoration More blocks for less material

Snickerbobble

The Painter
I find one thing that discourages me from building is how expensive brick recipes can be. An ore + a stone block for one brick can really add up fast. If you want to make a huge castle, you're gonna need stacks and stack of ores. What if the world doesn't even have the ore type you want? Sure, there's the extractinator, but that won't give you more than maybe 30 ore from a stack of silt/slush, and that doesn't even cover the hardmode ores.

The brick recipe should use the demonite brick crafting method of 1 ore + 5 stone* = 5 ore brick*. This will make building much easier on builders and no longer be a huge inconvenience. If not this, at least stone + ore = 2 ore brick. Maybe also let blocks craft 5 walls as well.

As most blocks are functionally the same, making it too much a grind for ore bricks only discourages builders to use the blocks and encourages them to build with the much easier to obtain wood blocks. As bricks are purely for aesthetic purposes, they should be easier to obtain. This would result in more decorative builds and make building more fun: You no longer need to spend hours on only mining for the ores!

*or less

This is one reason I use snow bricks. While having to use two blocks of snow per brick is bad, it's much better than having to get equal quantities of ores and stone.

And snow can usually be found in massive quantities in one single area, while most ores have a more "all over the place" distribution.

As a sidenote, I predict the term "OP" will be used in at least one comment of this thread. Go ahead, prove me wrong, TCF community.

As a sidenote, I predict the term "OP" will be used in at least one comment of this thread. Go ahead, prove me wrong, TCF community.

Well, let me quote the OP...

(Okay, I'm sorry not)

Anyways, I support. I don't actually build much (last large build was a big obsidian brick tower, since it was easy to collect) but I would like easier ways to decorate.

Back
Top Bottom