Votes: 18 29.0%
  • King Slime

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Wall Of Flesh

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel saying this is really bad, but the EoC... You just can't really get prepared for it all that well. Best armour you can get before defeating him is platinum/gold/ancient shadow, while also having a fairly weak weapon as well. One you get going on the bosses though, it just gets easier and easier to deal with the next boss.
Wait, what?
Is it too hard to get some poisoned knives, shurikens, grenades, buffs and potions?
I mean, come on. All that EoC can do to you is like 15 damage with the platinum/gold armor (i beat it with iron armor, so)
It's even not too hard to dodge, even my my :red:y :red: keyboard.

Wait, what?
Is it too hard to get some poisoned knives, shurikens, grenades, buffs and potions?
I mean, come on. All that EoC can do to you is like 15 damage with the platinum/gold armor (i beat it with iron armor, so)
It's even not too hard to dodge, even my my :red:y :red: keyboard.
When you are a melee only character. Yeah, it's difficult...
The rest are easy because you start to get powerful yoyo's.

When you are a melee only character. Yeah, it's difficult...
The rest are easy because you start to get powerful yoyo's.
Ayy, but does everyone need to do these "pure class" challenges?
Progress is first priority. For without progress is no fun.

Ayy, but does everyone need to do these "pure class" challenges?
Progress is first priority. For without progress is no fun.
I just thought it would be fun, and it was. Expert mode is a challenge, but expert mode with a melee character is even more of a challenge, and I like that.

Expert-mode Skeletron. Holy crap is he a pain. I have tried several different arenas/buffs/armors/weapons/tactics. Its my lack of mobility which ends up getting me in the end. Even with Cthulhu Shield, Cloud in a Bottle, Obsidian Horseshoe, and Spectre Boots, I make some mistake and then his head is spinning on top of me for 50+ damage every second or so. Ive put the Dryad in a hut next to the arena so I can get a defense buff, Ive put the nurse and a bed in another hut so I can quick heal but Im too slow for it to be effective. I am definitely not the best fighter in Terraria, but I will get him! *shakes fist at the sky* Im desperate for that Cobalt Shield in Expert-mode. I may need to go into hardmode though to get some wings so I can be more mobile when fighting him, but Id rather not.

My friend had to call me in to help him with his Skeletron, and He came to my world to help me with mine right afterwards as payment. The trick is to remove his hands ASAP, as that cuts his defense massively. If you have a friend playing Expert Terraria and can come help, have them come over, and someone bring a Medusae head. Try to get one person to run in circles with bone-head following, while Mage-man stands in the middle and hits all of him with Medusa's Gaze.

My friend had to call me in to help him with his Skeletron, and He came to my world to help me with mine right afterwards as payment. The trick is to remove his hands ASAP, as that cuts his defense massively. If you have a friend playing Expert Terraria and can come help, have them come over, and someone bring a Medusae head. Try to get one person to run in circles with bone-head following, while Mage-man stands in the middle and hits all of him with Medusa's Gaze.
This I know, and it is helpful. But the most helpful was the Nurse.
She saved my life.

Eater of Worlds.
Most of the time he's easy, but occasionally it feels like his stats jump up to a gazillion and he wrecks me, or he gets trapped in a corruption chasm and despawns.

If we're talking on normal mode, I hate queen bee because she's just kind of there. There's no real reason to fight her unless you're doing a summoner run or REALLY want the loot she drops, and (depending on your luck) it can take insanely long to actually find the beehive. If we're talking expert, Eater of Worlds, because it's basically a fight with the destroyer in pre-hardmode gear. I probably just suck, but I flat out can't beat it.

Very surprised to see anyone voting EoC, EoW or BoC at all.
Just stick to 180 health so cthulu doesnt spawn, fish yourself up to platinum armor and a falcon blade in the ocean, get a plant farm for potions going and drink them up and you can literally grapple to a floor and sit still swinging at them taking 1-10 damage per hit killing them within less then a minute.

I don't think people really prepare properly for most fights, the only real challenge is skeletron, with queen bee being a close second, dont underestimate the importance of hermes boots and the Shield of Cthulu, instantly changing direction with full speed is absolutely invaluable in these 2 fights.

Very surprised to see anyone voting EoC, EoW or BoC at all.
Just stick to 180 health so cthulu doesnt spawn, fish yourself up to platinum armor and a falcon blade in the ocean, get a plant farm for potions going and drink them up and you can literally grapple to a floor and sit still swinging at them taking 1-10 damage per hit killing them within less then a minute.

I don't think people really prepare properly for most fights, the only real challenge is skeletron, with queen bee being a close second, dont underestimate the importance of hermes boots and the Shield of Cthulu, instantly changing direction with full speed is absolutely invaluable in these 2 fights.
Platinum armor is overkill. I can easily take on EoW and EoC with no armor. Really, all you need is a spear, a Vilethorn or Ball o' Hurt, a Ebonwood Sword for the Eye (servants), and the Amazon helps.

If you "prepare properly" for EoC, EoW, and BoC, it's not very fun at all. There's no challenge in it. Platinum and gold armor are surprisingly unbalanced for their level.

If we don't count expert mode, WoF because it needs a long platform and a doll in order to fight it.
Expert mode definitely skeletron. Once it's head touch you it is game over.

Platinum armor is overkill. I can easily take on EoW and EoC with no armor. Really, all you need is a spear, a Vilethorn or Ball o' Hurt, a Ebonwood Sword for the Eye (servants), and the Amazon helps.

If you "prepare properly" for EoC, EoW, and BoC, it's not very fun at all. There's no challenge in it. Platinum and gold armor are surprisingly unbalanced for their level.

Depends on your definition of fun :) My goal is always to be as powerful as possible and to completely obliterate things.
Expert mode makes this harder, but not impossible.

So I was finally able to defeat Skeletron over the weekend, and have beaten all pre-hardmode and the mech bosses. I can definitely say that Skeletron has been my biggest challenge. I ended up using the Slime Mount to bounce on him and around while shooting at him. You definitely have to take out the arms to lower his defenses, as his head only takes 1-2 damage until both arms are taken out. It easily took be 12-15 tries to beat this guy. The mech bosses ended up being way easier than I thought. It actually took me more times to try to beat the Destroyer than it did the Twins and Prime. Prime was a pushover with Ichor bullets from the Minishark with a mid-range modifier (cant remember which) and for the Twins, I just used my world-long minecart track and stayed at a speed where I was able to keep them behind me without them despawning but far enough away where I avoided most attacks. I had to make a Magical Harp to cause enough damage to the Destroyed before he ran away at sunrise. 120k health is ridiculous! And it didn't help I was spawning Wyverns like mad during the fights. I had to build a skybridge as a roof so I didn't fly too high and spawn them. Overall though, all bosses have been challenging and a lot of fun to try to figure out ways to fight them. Plantera, Golem, and Fishron are goin down! Then onto the end-game events! I cant wait to try them all expert mode. Maybe my most hated boss will change then, lol.

For some reason, Skeletron always decides to be a complete bastard to me. His attacks are very hard to dodge for some reason. He's not that bad, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom