PC Most Obnoxious Item To Obtain

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh. I haven't encountered anything that really annoyed me to try to obtain. Sure, some things can take a few hours or days of effort, which can be cut down if you build the right structures for encouraging spawning of what you need and stuff, but I like having a reason to play games I like for a long time, so I don't understand the problem.
Well sometimes when you work for that one thing you want but you just never get it, you'll be quite frustrated. Maybe you really needed that one thing, say for example you really need a cross necklace from a mimic to complete a strategy you made, so you farm for hours but you never get it. By the time you've wasted away all your patience you'll be very fed up. When you never get it and it's your entire reason for playing, you lose your reason for playing and your interest. Meaning, because you farmed for hours you might take a break from terraria for maybe a couple or hours, days, weeks, months or longer. So in conclusion, RNG causes people to quit terraria.

Well sometimes when you work for that one thing you want but you just never get it, you'll be quite frustrated. Maybe you really needed that one thing, say for example you really need a cross necklace from a mimic to complete a strategy you made, so you farm for hours but you never get it. By the time you've wasted away all your patience you'll be very fed up. When you never get it and it's your entire reason for playing, you lose your reason for playing and your interest. Meaning, because you farmed for hours you might take a break from terraria for maybe a couple or hours, days, weeks, months or longer. So in conclusion, RNG causes people to quit terraria.
But not getting an item for a while doesn't mean it doesn't exist, you can still get it if you just keep trying. I guess I don't get why farming for hours is frustrating. It's not like there's an overall limit on the time you have to retrieve an item. Sure, there might be within one playing session, but unless you run out of playing sessions (by dying), you've still got plenty of time to get what you need, and in the mean time, you get to play a fun game and possibly come up with new strategies for obtaining the item you need.

you've still got plenty of time to get what you need, and in the mean time, you get to play a fun game and possibly come up with new strategies for obtaining the item you need.
What fun games do you speak of and what strategies can be used for going AFK for hours in a grinder.

What fun games do you speak of and what strategies can be used for going AFK for hours in a grinder.
Aww, going AFK for hours can be fun, but it's not what I meant. I meant playing Terraria! And by new strategies, I meant finding ways to increase the likelihood of the enemy you want spawning, better ways to kill it, more efficient ways of transporting your spare goods to an NPC... after all, if you're grinding for -hours- on mimics, you're going to get some mad money for all the loot you gather that you don't have a reason to keep.

Everytime I play as a mage, I just can't seem to get my Demon Scythe, well not until I'm well in to hardmode and it serves no purpose then.

RoD and Death Sickle....and pretty much every magic weapon that is obtained as a rare drop. XD Oh, and the Flamelash...that thing is such a pain to get. :p

Everytime I play as a mage, I just can't seem to get my Demon Scythe, well not until I'm well in to hardmode and it serves no purpose then.
Speaking of rare-drop magic weapons... I know this feeling so, so painfully well. I generally set up a demon farm and refuse to proceed to hardmode until I can get a Demon Scythe. XD Also, contrary to the belief of some, Demon Scythe can actually prove to be at least some degree of useful long into hardmode with a good modifier, so even if you don't get one pre-hardmode, it can be worth it to farm for one early in hardmode~ :3

I still haven't gotten the paladins hammer...

Now that I think about it.... I never farmed plantera... I'll work on it after school...

Well, The Axe for starters.

but I don’t really care much for it.

All I want is a flipping cursed hammer banner....

RNG, y u do dis?

I didn't even know Pharaoh outfit existed until just now, that's how common sandstorms in bottles are for me.
Uh-oh. Careful. You may have just become the envy of at least half of the forum. XD

copper shortsword is a :red: to get I hate trying to get the bundle of balloons. Shut your face, stupid pharaoh outfit! I want a damn sandstorm in a bottle!
Seriously, though, I echo the pain of getting a Sandstorm in a Bottle. ;w; Finding a pyramid is hard enough, let alone getting one of those buggers from one.

Whoopie Cushion, by extension the balloon it creates, by extension the part of the bundle that it is…

I also hate the axe and any Solar Eclipse drop, because I can't get an eclipse to happen D:

it takes me an ungodly amount of time to get even one power cell
but guess what?! apparently i have no problem whatsoever getting SWAT helmets, inferno forks, lizard eggs, wisps, and most especially keybrands!

I don't really get why ppl have a problem with the slime staff. Just sett up a slime statue farm and you'll get it in no time.

And honestly when I just can't get that item I check the wiki for drop rate and if I statically should've gotten it I use the inventory edit.
Shame on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom