PC Most Obnoxious Item To Obtain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use slime statues... Ive gotten like 30 of them
[DOUBLEPOST=1423628384][/DOUBLEPOST]
*the staffs not the statues
Thing is, I didn't find a statue yet.
Got like 2 chest horizontal rows of different statues but didn't find this particular one yet.
Welp, better keep searching! :happy:

Actually, some items take much longer to get, I spent an entire day trying to get an avenger emblem one time. Which reminds me...

Avenger emblem
Avenger_Emblem.png

This thing is literally RNG hell. In order to get this item you first have to spend 3-30 minutes waiting in the underworld for a voodoo demon to spawn. Next you fight the wall of flesh for a chance to get the emblem you need. It's sounds easy until you realize that you need three different emblems to craft this, and each emblem has a drop rate of 16.6%. This item can easily take over two hours if you're lucky, and Twenty-four hours if you're not. Worst of all, this item is an ingredient in five more accesories. If you want them all, you'll have to go through the grind five times...
Actually, some items take much longer to get, I spent an entire day trying to get an avenger emblem one time. Which reminds me...

Avenger emblem
Avenger_Emblem.png

This thing is literally RNG hell. In order to get this item you first have to spend 3-30 minutes waiting in the underworld for a voodoo demon to spawn. Next you fight the wall of flesh for a chance to get the emblem you need. It's sounds easy until you realize that you need three different emblems to craft this, and each emblem has a drop rate of 16.6%. This item can easily take over two hours if you're lucky, and Twenty-four hours if you're not. Worst of all, this item is an ingredient in five more accesories. If you want them all, you'll have to go through the grind five times... red plz...
Try stocking up on voodoo dolls! Then you can take them to different worlds (along with plenty of obsidian skin potions) tunnel straight down, summon and defeat w.o.f... then be on your way to the next world

Spider Banner has a .5% chance of dropping from an enemy that isn't available in hardmode. If that ain't obnoxious, I don't know what is.
2lruOxn.png

Avenger emblem
I know you mentioned things made from the Avenger Emblem, but the Sniper Scope deserves special mention.
Not only do you need to rely on RNG for everything you mentioned, but you also have to hope worldgen didn't decide your dungeon doesn't need slab walls(and no, this isn't exclusive to small worlds) so you have a chance of getting Skeleton Snipers to spawn. Oh, and the Rifle Scope has an even lower drop rate than the emblems.
It's actually quite sad the easiest component to get of the Sniper Scope, the Eye of the Golem, comes from what is currently the last regular boss of the game.

What about the Nazar? Good luck finding it in the HM dungeon.
Much like the Spider Banner I mentioned, it's best to try for that before HM enemies clog up the spawn list. Only in this case, you aren't completely out of luck once that's happened. :p

Well. I always get at least 5 wisps in one go, so that is out. I'd say Death Sickle, Terra Blade, and Paladin's Hammer.

Band of star power. On my Mage, I went through both mg huge corruption biomes on that world and smashed enough shadow orbs to get the EoW to spawn 4 times... But I got 6 shadow orbs (the crappy light source item), four muskets, 1 ball o hurt and a vile thorn. I then went on ANOTHER world and on the very last orb on that world... I got a band of star power. I was so happy that I could make my Magic Cuffs!

I have to say ankh shield. Takes 9 items that are a 1% drop from uncommon mobs. As well as dungeon loot and a ton of obsidian.

But according to Yrimirs last vid its the Plantera trophy. He got a Seedling and The Axe before even getting the trophy.
To be fair, Nazar and Blindfolds (At least, in Crimson worlds) are pretty much the only items in the Ankh Charm´s recipe that actually are that obnoxious, as the others at least are dropped by common mobs, to the point that it is perfectly possible for some of those items (Specially Armor Bracing and Adhesive Bandages) to drop without purposefully grinding for them (The former are dropped by Armored Skeletons and Blue Armored Bones, both of which are common, as are Werewolves and Rusty Armored Bones, as long as the game decides you can´t have Dungeon Slab Walls), while the obsidian is very easy to obtain, unless you rely on naturally-formed obsidian, and, even then, you only need 20 obsidian. As for the Cobalt Shield, they are guarranteed to be found at least once per world.

To be fair, Nazar and Blindfolds (At least, in Crimson worlds) are pretty much the only items in the Ankh Charm´s recipe that actually are that obnoxious, as the others at least are dropped by common mobs, to the point that it is perfectly possible for some of those items (Specially Armor Bracing and Adhesive Bandages) to drop without purposefully grinding for them (The former are dropped by Armored Skeletons and Blue Armored Bones, both of which are common, as are Werewolves and Rusty Armored Bones, as long as the game decides you can´t have Dungeon Slab Walls), while the obsidian is very easy to obtain, unless you rely on naturally-formed obsidian, and, even then, you only need 20 obsidian. As for the Cobalt Shield, they are guarranteed to be found at least once per world.
Yes, but the grinding takes forever. And i try to get it pre-plantera to protect from the poison effect in the plantera fight, meaning i cant use the dungeon enemies. I have to farm armored skeletons in the underground.

Yes, but the grinding takes forever. And i try to get it pre-plantera to protect from the poison effect in the plantera fight, meaning i cant use the dungeon enemies. I have to farm armored skeletons in the underground.
Plantera doesn´t inflict Poisoned, and, even if it did, you would only need Beozar, which is dropped by Hornets and Moss Hornets (AKA: The most common Underground Jungle mobs), and, in the case of Armor Bracing, the Armored Skeletons are rather common by themselves, which means that s is rather likely to obtain it while mining ores.

Plantera doesn´t inflict Poisoned, and, even if it did, you would only need Beozar, which is dropped by Hornets and Moss Hornets (AKA: The most common Underground Jungle mobs), and, in the case of Armor Bracing, the Armored Skeletons are rather common by themselves, which means that s is rather likely to obtain it while mining ores.
Planteras green seeds do inflict poison. And why would i use a bezaor? Poison is all it protects against and it takes up an accessory slot. With the ankh shield i can protect against poison as well as knockback and fire blocks, which i would have done anyway (obsidian shield). Plus the 2 more defense helps as well.

i must say the magic mirror because RNG hates me. no mater where i look, in underground houses, above ground chests etcetera etcetera, i cannot fin a bloody magic mirror. *sigh* mobile RNG loves me more (except its not as good)
It seems that it is so bad that it seems to be the main reason Recall Potions were added.

i must say the magic mirror because RNG hates me. no mater where i look, in underground houses, above ground chests etcetera etcetera, i cannot fin a bloody magic mirror. *sigh* mobile RNG loves me more (except its not as good)
Magic mirrors love me. I find like 6 per SMALL world.

It seems that it is so bad that it seems to be the main reason Recall Potions were added.
yeah but i would of preferred it if they actually raised the chances of a magic mirror, just because of the consumable nature of the recall potion
[DOUBLEPOST=1424016868][/DOUBLEPOST]
Magic mirrors love me. I find like 6 per SMALL world.
i found one then i accidentaly deposited all my useless stuff (magic mirror was an accident)and then deleted my world by fricken accident (wrong world to delete) *sigh*

Planteras green seeds do inflict poison. And why would i use a bezaor? Poison is all it protects against and it takes up an accessory slot. With the ankh shield i can protect against poison as well as knockback and fire blocks, which i would have done anyway (obsidian shield). Plus the 2 more defense helps as well.
Just tested it. They don´t inflict any debuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom