Biomes & Nature Mountains at the world's edge!

Spring Shoes. Yes. I love spring shoes! I hope the mountain will guarantee to spawn on the jungle side. I can see shenanigans with the dungeon entrance.

One thing that irks me is the goat. using an AI meant for charging across wide open fields in a biome that is going to be incredibly steep and uneven? I think honestly a slime or fighter AI would be better.

Other than that I would also love to see real mountainy mountains in Terraria. Perhaps with special mountain caves for special mountain loot.

I don't see the problem. When you are at the end of the world you can't go past it. The mountain is meant to make the world feel bigger and make you feel you're not on a island.
Either you didn't read my post or you don't understand what I said.
World boundary = something is stopping you from progressing further.
If you have a big-:red: mountain as high as space itself at the end of the map, there's nothing stopping you from digging through the mountain or demolishing it completely, since this is a game where nearly one third of the gameplay is digging and mining.
As I said before- with oceans, it's implied that the water goes on forever. If you just have a mountain blocking off the map, what is really blocking you from progressing further? Mountains exist near the middle or near the edges of continents/general landmasses, implying that there is much more terrain on the other side of the mountain range. You gotta have reasoning for a big chunk of rock to block off one side of the map in a game where one of your most important tools is a pickaxe. It's not exactly a boundary if you could easily dig through it.

Th
Either you didn't read my post or you don't understand what I said.
World boundary = something is stopping you from progressing further.
If you have a big-:red: mountain as high as space itself at the end of the map, there's nothing stopping you from digging through the mountain or demolishing it completely, since this is a game where nearly one third of the gameplay is digging and mining.
As I said before- with oceans, it's implied that the water goes on forever. If you just have a mountain blocking off the map, what is really blocking you from progressing further? Mountains exist near the middle or near the edges of continents/general landmasses, implying that there is much more terrain on the other side of the mountain range. You gotta have reasoning for a big chunk of rock to block off one side of the map in a game where one of your most important tools is a pickaxe. It's not exactly a boundary if you could easily dig through it.
Mountain would be cut in half, one you can see and explore the other outside the boundry. Also' is there anything stopping you from dig benepth hell. No, just the boundary. Anything stopping you from digging under the ocean? Nope, just the boundary. So there isn't any problem.

As I said before- with oceans, it's implied that the water goes on forever.
But, like you also said, there's nothing stopping you from digging under the ocean and draining it completely.

The map ends where it ends. The fact that you can :red: with the terrain feature at the edge of the map in unrealistic ways is just how Terraria is.

I can swim across an ocean just as easily as I can dig through a mountain. The map doesn't let you do either. It's consistent.

Mountain would be cut in half, one you can see and explore the other outside the boundry.
Exactly.
MetaBiomesNatural.jpg

Really like this idea.
Perhaps Stone Gaint could drop Stone Core or something which is used to create a melee/mage cross-over armor?

I have a suggestion... for your suggestion, you could make the rock giant drop earthen cores. It would drop one and you could use it to craft earthen armor!
Earthen helmet
1 earthen core
20 stone (or more)
1 iron helmet
Earthen plate
1 earthen core
30 stone (or more)
1 iron chestplate
Earthen greaves
1 earthen core
25 stone (or more)
1 iron leggings
That's my suggestion! I love your idea you did a great job!

I have a suggestion... for your suggestion, you could make the rock giant drop earthen cores. It would drop one and you could use it to craft earthen armor!
Earthen helmet
1 earthen core
20 stone (or more)
1 iron helmet
Earthen plate
1 earthen core
30 stone (or more)
1 iron chestplate
Earthen greaves
1 earthen core
25 stone (or more)
1 iron leggings
That's my suggestion! I love your idea you did a great job!
hallowed bars instead of iron armor maybe? and make it Mage/Summoner set with confusion debuff on minions and spells and we get a nice balance to Frozen armor

Another idea of mine would be adding a boss being a counterpart of Fishron in this biome. How about Titan? Would look like a a giant hulk-like creature made from magma and stone. To summon him you'd need to craft "Strange sculpture" made from stone, ash and lava bucket. To summon him you'd need to be on the mountain biome, place the sculpture and mine it, destroying it and summoning Titan (mining it elsewhere would result in getting it back).

Titans attacks:
-Meteorites - starts a rain of small meteorites that fall on the ground and persist (imagine something like sandgun shooting meteorite ore)
-Earthquake - shakes your screen slightly, damages everything standing on blocks or grappling on them
-Earth pillar - rises earth from under the ground at your location, knocking you up and dealing damage
Beside that he would have normal "basic" attacks which would look like magmatic whips, or if you'd be too close he'd punch you away dealing two times the damage
Also, he would have second phase too
Seismic awakening: Starts when at belov 50% health. Gains armor. Can perdiodicaly stomp on the ground to generate mini earthquacke, meteorites fall densier and are bigger. Earth pillars are changed to Earth waves, coming out of him and in both directions.

will try to add some loot ideas too

Another idea of mine would be adding a boss being a counterpart of Fishron in this biome. How about Titan? Would look like a a giant hulk-like creature made from magma and stone. To summon him you'd need to craft "Strange sculpture" made from stone, ash and lava bucket. To summon him you'd need to be on the mountain biome, place the sculpture and mine it, destroying it and summoning Titan (mining it elsewhere would result in getting it back).

Titans attacks:
-Meteorites - starts a rain of small meteorites that fall on the ground and persist (imagine something like sandgun shooting meteorite ore)
-Earthquake - shakes your screen slightly, damages everything standing on blocks or grappling on them
-Earth pillar - rises earth from under the ground at your location, knocking you up and dealing damage
Beside that he would have normal "basic" attacks which would look like magmatic whips, or if you'd be too close he'd punch you away dealing two times the damage
Also, he would have second phase too
Seismic awakening: Starts when at belov 50% health. Gains armor. Can perdiodicaly stomp on the ground to generate mini earthquacke, meteorites fall densier and are bigger. Earth pillars are changed to Earth waves, coming out of him and in both directions.

will try to add some loot ideas too
Loot Ideas

Titan crusher
hammer
"Smash on the ground for area damage insane knockback"

Super stomped
Equipment
"Boots allow a smash on the ground doing area damage slows you down by 30% when equipped"

Earthen blade
Sword
"High damage and knockback slow speed fires a lava rock when swung"

Loot Ideas

Titan crusher
hammer
"Smash on the ground for area damage insane knockback"

Super stomped
Equipment
"Boots allow a smash on the ground doing area damage slows you down by 30% when equipped"

Earthen blade
Sword
"High damage and knockback slow speed fires a lava rock when swung"
Magmatic Singularity
Spell
Cast 3 fire orbs orbiting casting point, dealing damage and pulling enemies to its center

Hyper rifle
Assalut rifle alike weapon
Shoots 6 bullets that leave a small and brief fire when hitting enemy or a block, overrides bullet effect but carries its damage. Stat-wise similiar to megashark

want. world feels like a tiny island with the two oceans, and functionally we really only need one, and they just seem so small for an ocean anyway (maybe it'd be different if there were any kind of world wrap) mountain on one side adds nice variety

This would be awesome, and with the bigger ocean on the otherside maybe I can finally consistently get ocean chests >.>

Back
Top Bottom