Mobile Multiplayer IOS isn't working! [Please help]

Does multiplayer work for you on any version?

• Total voters
So me and my sister both have IOS 8.1.1, and ipod 5th generations. And we want to play multiplayer, So both of us try to host, we have the "host multiplayer* option in-game. We didnt see each others games in the *join game* thing. Please help!!!!
--Well, ios terraria does have a multiplayer app...but it cost money. I have it on my ipad and its a bit confusing. You have to download the vpn that comes with the app and enable it and all types of shenanigas; but it definitely works. If you enter terraria and it still shows no one, then you just have to turn off the vpn, then turn it on again. It explains to you what you have to do on the app, but again it does cost money... Its less than 5 dollars.
(i think)

Whenever I try to join a online server the message “Unable to join this server. Please make sure you connect to a compatible Terraria server intended for the latest mobile version.” and I wanna know why this is happening?

SOLVED: For those using Terraria Multiplayer Local on iOS, both/all iOS devices need Local Area Network turned ON under Settings -> Privacy -> Local Area Network -> Terraria.

In our case, one of the two iPads had it off. This is something it prompts you when first running to "see other devices on your local network." So if you accidentally or intentionally said NO to that, you need to go enable it as above.

This solved it for us after checking same/latest version, same network (LAN) with no restrictions, and even rebooting iPads.

YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom