Casual Myers Briggs Personality Test

What type of thinking did the results show up as?

• Total voters

Akrasia

Golem
You guys should totally take the Myer Briggs Personality Test.
It's a personality test created by two psychologists during the '40s, and was finished in 1962. It's very accurate, but it's long.
I am an ISTP - Introverted (44%), Sensing (12%), Thinking (50%), Judging (1%) (My Judging and Perceiving are at the same level, hence 1% - I can be considered both ISTP and ISTJ.)

Be sure to tell us the percentages of each type of thinking, as well as the full name rather than just the initials of your thinking type (In the case that others don't remember what the letters stand for).

index.php

Oh. You beat me to it. ;_;

There's also this test, which has really extensive descriptions of each type and adds its own fifth "Assertive/Turbulent" variant (which I don't think actually means anything, but it's always nice to know).

EDIT: I'm an INTP, by the way.

Did that one a few days ago, got an ISTP.
A few months ago I did this on some other site and got an INTJ, now I got a ISTJ. Then again, the test from the OP is a fair bit less detailed than the other ones so I assume it goes off wrong.
If you can't consistently get one type with the tests, it might work to read the type descriptions and see which one seems the most familiar to you. I could see you being an INTJ.

If you can't consistently get one type with the tests, it might work to read the type descriptions and see which one seems the most familiar to you. I could see you being an INTJ.
I did, problem is both INTJ and INTP apply to me pretty solidly.
GUESS I'M TOO GOOD TO BE ONLY ONE OF THOSE TYPES WEHEHEHE

I did, problem is both INTJ and INTP apply to me pretty solidly.
GUESS I'M TOO GOOD TO BE ONLY ONE OF THOSE TYPES WEHEHEHE
Okay, well, let's try this: are you usually confident in your opinions and conclusions, or do you tend to doubt yourself and check if you're wrong/constantly try to make improvements?

Okay, well, let's try this: are you usually confident in your opinions and conclusions, or do you tend to doubt yourself and check if you're wrong/constantly try to make improvements?
Well, a mix of both?
In most cases I make solid conclusions, and sometimes I find bits I can improve on. Among those I haven't really made any conclusion I'd consider wrong though.

Well, a mix of both?
In most cases I make solid conclusions, and sometimes I find bits I can improve on. Among those I haven't really made any conclusion I'd consider wrong though.
Oh.
Um.
Okay then.

Well, how about this- do you often lose interest in things once you feel like you've "learned enough", and/or lose motivation for projects once you've figured out the main problems and know what you need to do?

do you often lose interest in things once you feel like you've "learned enough"
50/50. I lose interest in some things after I burn information about it out, but after a while I get sucked into it again.
lose motivation for projects once you've figured out the main problems and know what you need to do?
I'm not entirely sure what this means. Like, I stop doing something once I figure out how to complete it easily?
Not really, I usually complete the project. Rather, the problem isn't what attracts me in the first place I guess, if I have to do something I'll just do it.

I'm not entirely sure what this means. Like, I stop doing something once I figure out how to complete it easily?
Not really, I usually complete the project. Rather, the problem isn't what attracts me in the first place I guess, if I have to do something I'll just do it.
As in losing interest in getting something done once you know what it is that actually needs to be done, like it gets stale while it's still in the planning phase, or like planning things out can be more satisfying than actually doing them. I'm pretty sure it's something that's typical of INTPs.
For a 3% population number we sure have a lot of INTPs here
That's because online communication is, like, the best thing ever for them. You'd have a much harder time finding someone like an ESFJ or ESTP on this forum.

As in losing interest in getting something done once you know what it is that actually needs to be done, like it gets stale while it's still in the planning phase and you end up moving onto something else. I'm pretty sure it's something that's typical of INTPs.
I guess not, then? I can't really tell because I never really focused on this sort of thing.
I mean, I guess I wouldn't do something like a puzzle if I know the solution already.
This depends on the situation for me then. If per say, it's simple enough and someone else can fill for me I'd move on to do something else, but if it's a problem I think I can solve better I'll try at it myself.

Also I'm basing this on games, lol.

I guess not, then? I can't really tell because I never really focused on this sort of thing.
I mean, I guess I wouldn't do something like a puzzle if I know the solution already.
This depends on the situation for me then. If per say, it's simple enough and someone else can fill for me I'd move on to do something else, but if it's a problem I think I can solve better I'll try at it myself.

Also I'm basing this on games, lol.
It's kind of difficult to explain it in a way that's relatable; I can only really think of examples with ideas for pixel art or concepts for games that I've come up with, but those are just personal interests.

I'm an RTFM.

I consider Myers-Briggs to be amusing, mildly interesting, but of little or no psychological value. Abuse of MBTI testing by employers is not only unethical but according to the principal business profiting from this methodology, "in many cases illegal." That hasn't stopped employers from refusing to hire those whose MBTI scores they didn't like, resulting in injustice on a massive scale.

That's not to say people shouldn't take the test and think about the results. But don't make the mistake of believing those results reveal any deep insight. Just have a little fun, keeping in mind that the main institution promoting this testing methodology is one that makes money training people in it. Those without a direct financial link to the test criticize it on grounds of accuracy, repeatability, applicability, and lack of a bimodal distribution (meaning scores cluster around the middle of each of the four axes, not on one end of the other; in other words, the test posits four dichotomies where no dichotomies can be observed).

So have fun, but steer clear of considering Meyers-Briggs a valid way of judging a person's suitability for various jobs, relationships, etc.

Last edited:
I've taken this test four times, and every time I got INTJ.

EDIT: Make that five times:
Introverted (86%)
Intuitive (31%)
Thinking (58%)
Judging (29%)
Assertive (20%)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom