tModLoader Mysterious Altars

Is this mod good

• This mod is good

Votes: 50 67.6%
  • This mod is not very good

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • This mod literally killed my parents I hate you.

Votes: 19 25.7%

• Total voters
The mod is now out on the browser! Go try it.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5t6xo4yxsxqlpok/Mystery.tmod

Hey man, simple question/questions:
1 could you add the altars as unobtainable placables/items so people can play around with them while using cheats?
2this would probably be a seperate mod, but could you programm something that allows you to perfectly duplicate weapons/items with exact same stats?
be great if you would!(i can live with a no)

Can I request an API (via Mod.Call) to allow overriding default effects for fountains and altars? Maybe also some functions for applying the normal effects, but with adjustable amounts/odds (where applicable).

Also, would I be asking too much for the option for different altar or fountain types (especially sizes)?

Alternatively, if you want to make the mod open source, I could try adding these myself. Note that I like to add config options to my mods, so I might make Mod Helpers a dependency (at least until jopo's Mod Config is available).

Last edited:
Hey, so I’ve come across a problem with this mod. I put my fetid baghnaks in an alter and it said it was sharpened, but went from 132 damage to just 80

This mod isn't very good. The chances of getting good stuff are too small.
Imagine I want lifesteal on my Excalibur. I have the time. But how long will it take me to get it?
1) I have to find an altar. If it fails (and it will most likely fail) I have to find another one. Because they're one-time.
2) I have to create weapons for each attempt. Because either the weapon will be irreversibly damaged or outright destroyed.
The amount of altars and weapons I'll have to find and spend on trying one thing is ridiculous. The amount of resources spent will not be worth it at all.

Add more things the altars can do and work on chances.

I like the high risk, high reward factor. Why not just edit the mod to your liking?
Considering that you don't really *need* those edited weapons, this is a high risk low reward situation. This is a gamble that is bound to be lost. Read my post again and think about what would it cost you to get the best perk. The result you may get is barely worth it over the hours upon hours of mindless grinding you will spend to even get a chance at rolling the perk, and then you'll probably lose. The chances of you making your weapon better are less than a quarter. And that's for a one-time randomly generated structure! Hell, the chance of DESTROYING your weapon are half of that, not to mention the other debuffs! And the best perk is 0.1% too.This is the same chance a Pirate Captain has to drop a Lucky Coin! And that's considering you have other sources of it! Can you imagine how many Captains you have to kill to get a Lucky Coin? Imagined? Well now imagine you have to do the same, but you have to find him, use weapon on him, risk losing it or making it weaker - and then he dies. And there are only so many Captains in your world. And you are not guaranteed to get anything good, it's not even a 50% (sum of all good perk chances). You're better off making a new world rather than finding a new altar because scouting the randomly generated world for it is dumb.

Did I make myself clear? This is high risk and low reward, hell, it's even high grind more than it is high risk! I can edit mod to my liking, thank you very much, but for the sake of the mod creator and so everyone else doesn't burst in flames of anger like I'm doing here - I am suggesting them to think about changes.

Fair enough. Though I never really had an issue finding them and most weapons are quickly replaced ingame anyway so I never felt that the potential setback was that bad. It seems the creator of the mod isn't active at the moment so it is unlikely that it will be updated any time soon. Just make it to where they spawn more often, shift the buff ratios, don't despawn upon use, heck just remove the negatives if you want. Mods are pretty easy to tweak to your liking.

Fair enough. Though I never really had an issue finding them and most weapons are quickly replaced ingame anyway so I never felt that the potential setback was that bad. It seems the creator of the mod isn't active at the moment so it is unlikely that it will be updated any time soon. Just make it to where they spawn more often, shift the buff ratios, don't despawn upon use, heck just remove the negatives if you want. Mods are pretty easy to tweak to your liking.
I worry more about others than I worry about myself. :)
Plus, some good weapons require quite a lot of grinding.

Back
Top Bottom