Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Oh, you should have a look at git even if you don't plan to make it publicly accessible; the ability to do proper and reviewable source control is an invaluable tool for developers. (It's completely free, too. You can look at either Github or Bitbucket for starters, just make sure you set up the git to not be public by default for the points below)

Anyway, you do have a point of forum rules and releasing Terraria source which I had not considered, I guess that could be a problem in making it public...
but that depends how the mod is built, do you only interface the Terraria code to feed in your own code, which is in separately handled scripts - or is everything compiled in the same package and you edited the T files directly?

If it's the latter, then it'll be difficult to make it open for contribution... if you went through the trouble to create interfaces and your code is decapsulated from it, then it should be quite easy. :)
If I remember well, to turn a project private on GitHub I'll have to pay, what I don't plan on doing. So I don't use it.

Also, on the mod I place mod method links to Terraria codes on their respective places, leading to mod codes (or at least most of them, since a part of the mod codes are still on Terraria codes), that could turn easier to edit and share the mod source without sharing the source of Terraria, and not violating TCF rules, but the ones wanting to do changes on the mod would still need to decompile and fix the bugs the decompilation if they want to test the changes on the mod.

Hey, that's good to hear as it would make the whole thing a lot easier to achieve. Decompiling isn't allowed in all countries so that decision is up to each individual developer wanting to contribute.

As for pricing, if it's a private repository shared with few people, then it should be free so long as it's not too many people (I think it's free for up to 5 people on Bitbucket --> https://bitbucket.org/product/pricing?tab=cloud ).
If it should be public anyway, then it shouldn't matter as you said about github.

Since you were smart and kept your code mostly decapsulated it may not be too difficult to place the method links using either a patcher or using a short guide on where they're required.

Anyway, I still feel that there may be quite a few people here willing to contribute, else there wouldn't be 416 pages. ;)

That is, if you don't divide by the seasons, but still...

The last time I leaved someone mod the mod for me didn't end up well, but at least in this case I can have some look on the project anyway.

I may try to check that idea of keeping the mod files on a repository so people can mod it, beside I'm not sure If I should attempt to do that with Season 6 or 7, or both.

Well, I think it's difficult to have multiple projects going at the same time, the primary reason why older versions (or seasons) are kept due to them being maintained due to their popularity.

I'd probably go for both. Season 6 is good but the multiplayer is quite broken, I for one am very eager to have a look at that to see if maybe I can help with that, there's probably others, too, which have some ideas how to improve on it.

Season 7 is your next big update to the mod and I'm sure people are eager to play it, but from the sounds of it on the forums, there's still a lot of work left to do.

I, for one, may not be helpful.. who knows. But if I am, I'd be eager to help out with Season 7 too :)

Well'p, I've been able to create a GIT repository on Bitbucket, but trying to send the files to it is burning my patience,
the Git programs surelly could be easier and simple to use.

Use a program like "Sourcetree" to handle your git, you can create a repository from a local folder on your PC (the working files of the mod). It'll automatically upload all files in it to the git provided you give it the link to the repository :)

[Add]
Normally you don't really have to look at the repository page again after creating it, most, if not all, the work is done via a program such as Github Desktop or Sourcetree unless you wish to change repository Settings.

Hi , my game doesnt lauch when i tried to do it . There just a command program that launch :/

Edit : Forget it the game started my bad uwu

Hi , my game doesnt lauch when i tried to do it . There just a command program that launch :/

Edit : Forget it the game started my bad uwu
It takes some time for the mod to launch, most likelly because of the things Terraria, aswell as the mod itself, has to load before then showing the game window.

Guys, i downloaded this mod today but i can't put this in rpg mode. There a button in nterraria configs saying "action" and when i click nothing happens... I have already deleted the config.jonson in my nterraria folder and still not working.
I play in steam and it's only the action button that isn't working, the others changes when i click.

Does this mod work with other mods like Thorium, Calamity and others ?
Like I said before to several people who asked the same question, aswell as placed in big, red text with upper cased letters on the top of the main post, this isn't a tModLoader mod, so mods like Thorium, Calamity and others wont work on N Terraria. But that doesn't stop you from having both N Terraria and tModLoader installed on the same Terraria folder.
Guys, i downloaded this mod today but i can't put this in rpg mode. There a button in nterraria configs saying "action" and when i click nothing happens... I have already deleted the config.jonson in my nterraria folder and still not working.
I play in steam and it's only the action button that isn't working, the others changes when i click.
That is one exquisite issue, what season of the mod you are playing on?

Edit:. Anyway, If you are using N Terraria 6, you may try the following, go to the mod save folder on My Games/N Terraria 6, and open the config file with a text editor program, like notepad or wordpad, look for the line that has "GameMode", the number to the right of it, is the id of the RPG mode that the mod will use, change it to one of the following ids bellow.
Code:
Action = 0,
Regular_RPG = 1,
Free_Mode_RPG = 2,
Capped_Regular_RPG = 3,
Hardcore_RPG = 4,
Capped_Hardcore_RPG = 5

Saving the file and opening the game possibly will have the changes done.

Last edited:
I like numbers the most, but for this estimative, I have none, I really dislike telling a exact date of launch, because that will eventually lead everyone to hurry the development when the deadline is about to be met, and when that happens, of course there will be several bugs and broken things on launch.

So, maybe in a number of months.

I understand the installation process and have done it correctly (to my knowledge) and when i open the Nt6+ .exe it opens a console and does nothing after this. What do? I am on Windows 10 running the latest version of Terraria.
Capture.png

Last edited:
I understand the installation process and have done it correctly (to my knowledge) and when i open the Nt6+ .exe it opens a console and does nothing after this. What do? I am on Windows 10 running the latest version of Terraria.
Capture.png
I have no idea how many upgrades your pc has, but for the mod to at least start, it needs to be added as a shortcut on Steam, aswell as run the mod from the shortcut on your steam game list, It need a few time to finish the initialization process, aswell as need free physical memory to start, which seems like your browser is helping taking, since there's so many tabs that can only see the icons. Maybe that's not the case and I'm paranoid, but still, try waiting a few moments for the mod to boot, you'll notice the console window will disappear, and then the game will open shortly after that.

Is it me or was the comment i made before that Terraria wont be updating until a year later, or more, was right? Already been a year and yet no news or anything besides the cancellation of a spin off Terraria. Sigh and i was hoping for more contents and that i was proven wrong...

Well at least the game is fun and mods are available :3 , keep up the good work nanako and you seriously need someone to help you out for you to take a break and live your life at least. x3

Last edited:
Is it me or was the comment i made before that Terraria wont be updating until a year later, or more, was right? Already been a year and yet no news or anything besides the cancellation of a spin off Terraria. Sigh and i was hoping for more contents and that i was proven wrong...

Well at least the game is fun and mods are available :3 , keep up the good work nanako and you seriously need someone to help you out for you to take a break and live your life at least. x3
I'm waiting for the update too, beside I'm trying to wonder what kind of new things it will bring, beside I get self disappointed when I think of the fact that there may not come much content for the time the update development passed, but at least is kind of better than expecting many new cool things on a minecraft update.

And am already seeying that matter, I may have done almost of what the mod brings, but since about the end of the season 2, the mod begun being too reserved to the team, aswell as internal problems in the team happened during the way that caused stress and stuff, but I'm already studying how I can change that frame.

Ps:. It's Nakano.

Back
Top Bottom