Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

I cant vouch for all stats but Str def does more then melee dmg, it also does small melee speed and a small def bonus. Pierce and crit seem to just go up as you level, and luck seems to be giving a chance for a gold drop multiplier.

I cant vouch for all stats but Str def does more then melee dmg, it also does small melee speed and a small def bonus. Pierce and crit seem to just go up as you level, and luck seems to be giving a chance for a gold drop multiplier.
I'll be doing an all-stat (at level 1000) for players, and give out full info on that. I'll even pull the stat thing down while deleting the previous one.

And I wasn't aware of STR giving out Def at all, I must investigate to find which is better.

I have slain the buggy Plantera, and didn't do the FPS drop. I am assuming that it came from the hooks, and why the vines went way over there. Try and fix the hooks, and the FPS drop should not exist. They like to live, even when Plantera is dead.

I see the same thing, after plantera is dead the hooks remain making alot of noise, they remain till you leave/re-enter the world. Same thing happens with Golems head after defeating him. If you summon another golem the head from previous version will come back to life shooting lasers assisting the new golem haha.

1 - I asked this before, but I think it was overlooked because I put it at the end of an answer to someone else's question.: About how far away are zones from implementation?
-----
2 - I'm also curious about the Merchants Backpack skill, like someone else who never received an answer. At first I thought it simply wasn't implemented yet (like most everything else), but I saw a few pages back that it was... supposedly. But like the other person, when I use the skill it just opens my inventory without changing it in any way whatsoever. If I wanted to use a function key to open my inventory, I'd just change the control configuration, so I doubt that's the only intended effect.
-----
3 - Also, while I do think the merchants should be nerfed, I don't think you should do all the nerfing on coin power alone. Make it so that each plat coin doesn't give you as much buff as it does now, but having max still gives you an amount on par with other classes. But having max Discount/Overcharge should no longer give infinite coins, that way maxing those three skills wont automatically equal an end game, nearly invincible character. And rather than nerfing Discount/Overcharge so much that maxing them out no longer feels worth it, you could even it out so that when you have both skills maxed the buy price and the sell price of an item become the same. (Because honestly, isn't the mark of a true master merchant being able to sell something back to someone for the same price you bought it from them for?) Lastly, I think the test for the class should ask for a plat coin, as the gold coin seems too easy.
-----
4 - OH! and I almost forgot the Demon fiasco! I still say that they should take fall damage, but (if possible) the damage should be calculated by the speed at which you are falling. (If flapping your wings once or twice before a fall doesn't totally prevent dmg, it should at least reduce it vastly. And I think the taking damage in water was really cool, it was just the fact that you used lava properties to get the effect made long term lava protection impossible. Ideally demon characters should treat water like lava and lava like water. They should take damage from touching water, move much slower, as well as get the 'On Fire' debuff, and they should be able to swim in lava like its water, but would have to hold their breath. All water related buffs/items would apply to lava for demons, and all lava related buffs/items would apply to water. Of course, that's all only if the coding allows for it.
-----
5 - Someone else suggested using buffs to make it work, and I agree with that idea. Getting in water could cause a 3 second duration 'On Fire' debuff, while obsidian skin would be active permanently. (although some people may argue that lava immunity is too op..)
-----
6 - On that note, what do you think of unlockable races? Characters could be bound to the world they are made for, and by defeating the bosses of that world you could unlock relevant races. Starting races would be Human, Zugitaki, and Slime (slime should be a joke race that cannot use tools). Skeletons would unlock by killing skeletron. Demons by killing the Wall of Flesh. (That removes the problems with Demons having hardmode wings) Goblins by defeating the goblin army (or by finding the bound goblin). Lihzards by defeating Plantera. The Titan by defeating... the Titan. Madra by defeating your first mechanical boss. And finally, last but not least, defeating the Moon Lord would unlock the Bunny race for all worlds (The Bunny class, imo, should mimic the humans stats and the only two bonuses should be a slightly higher jump, and the fact that it's a 2x2 size character that can still use tools. This is based on an idea that structures that start out with unbreakable blocks could be modified to generate with entrances and shortcuts only big enough for bunnies and slimes.)
-----
Of course, all that is just a rough draft of how I would implement it, and is merely a suggestion. Modifications to the idea are welcome (and preferable over total dismissal).
Oh well, this will be a long post to read and answer.
1 - Maybe a lot, I don't know anymore what Nakano plans on adding first but didn't hear from zones yet and I been trying to make Nakano take a step towards Multiplayer.
2 - It is supposted to give more inventory space to when you open with the skill, either it's not working properly or the effect wasn't added yet.
3 - The Discount/Overcharge skill might need some changes but gotta leave it for later on, the mod is in phase of adding things, not balancing yet and a platinum coin for the test would be extremely painful due to it being a early class (Alongside Warrior,Ranger and Acolyte) and not a end-game class as he doesn't give much options on fights. (While unbalanced it does)
4 - Demon is actually meant to be a good class, it systems make it's wings not as strong as hardmode ones (or should, not sure if alredy implemented) and the water thingy was removed due to a bug with the immunity to lava, not sure yet if it will come back.
Never quite found the damage from water much useful due to water being freaking everywhere.
5 - Seems like a quite nice idea and yeah, all time lava immunity IS op, a suggestion for the demon could be to have a all time lava charm and he would be affected by both lava and water (obsidian potion would work to make him be immune to both water and lava for some time)
6 - Just gonna start this off with the following: Unlockable Races removes the point of having them up for selection due to people staying with the same race after starting it, having to restart everytime to test and play new classes would prove to be extremely tiresome, the idea has been told beforea and even discussed during NT4 or 5 for some time, it didn't got much further.

hmm so i have a question will the harder mode be unlocked some time later on like it was in N5 where you got to like lvl 90 or so and then another game mode popped up witch had the mobs starting at lvl 250 I believe it was I don't remember what the mode was called but it was one heck of a challenge.

Bug: Plantera's hooks cause massive FPS drop. It's behavior is acting like it's getting hit (when unhittable), which causes many particles to fly out.

And when escaping from Plantera because of the FPS drop, it vanished on me despite of me not killing it.

So to fix that I had to let myself bask in the hook itself (This really isn't a fix)

In Freemode, but I am sure this can happen with other modes as well.

Additional info: The vines are WAY far away from where Plantera is, so maybe the plant hooks forgot "how to function"?

MORE INFO: Apparently fighting Plantera around 40 blocks above the underworld made it sane to fight with, but had no room. Thus, I died like an overconfident terrarian against crimson. Yeah, I started reading the tombstones now.
I will take a look at that plantish issue.
Hey nakano15

Sorry if this has been answered before, I do my best to read most of the threads pages. Do you have an ETA on the server files?

Thanks
Sam
Hello Sam, I'd say that... Nope, no ETA.
I have no clue if these bugs were already reported, but
1. Putting a skill point into a skill creates massive lag spikes, which are only stopped when the player dies, and they then come back. (restarting Terraria fixes it, but resets the player and stats to level 1 darn, it wasn't fixed the next time I did it)
2. Putting 10 points into basic abilities only unlocked First Aid and (was playing as a goblin here) Gobline Logic [sic]. (can still change class, though)
3. A zombie dropped a gravestone. It contained your (Nakano) name and a death message. (obviously a bug)
4. One of my deaths had a different message on the gravestone, something about dead branches and water. I didn't even get to the dungeon yet.
Well...
  1. How is that possible?
  2. The other locked skills are racial skills, they will not unlock unless you are playing as that race, for example, Gobline Logic is unlocked because you are a Goblin.
  3. Zombies tombstones may countain random gibberish or easter eggs. Be sure to read them all, who knows what you can discover due to them.
  4. It's a refference to a NT5 item that were not yet implemented.
I dunno if it's just me, but Demon Scythes(the Demon race skill) seems incredibly OP... I one shot Skeletron with it, while holding a Grenade.

Maybe you should have it so that the strength of Demon Scythes are based off of your maximum mana instead of the strength of the weapon you're holding?
Or maybe add a cap of damage...
Zombies drop special gravestones now. (atleast for me). They're kinda like jokes I guess? I find them kinda funny, :p
That's not new, the tombstones are in since NT2 or 3.
They were implemented so players can have hardtimes at their first night.
Due to the Graveyard Biome spawning. Look for gameplays of the mod to know
what I am talking about.

Just how tough are the dungeon npc's supposed to be, immediately after skeletron? I can find enemies over level 600 and they get tougher the further down I go. Not even in hardmode and playing on free rpg. My world is a Normal one btw, not an Expert one. Just checking to see if other people see enemies around this level or different level in the dungeon, on normal world with free rpg mode on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6l6uy66786fzg4/World_2.wld?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/azwf8ab212v924y/World_2.wld.bak?dl=0

Also, here is a NTerraria 6 Wikia to keep the updated information seperate from the NTerraria 5 mod.
http://nterraria6.wikia.com/wiki/NTerraria6_Wikia

Attachments

• 2015-09-07_00001.jpg
    2015-09-07_00001.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Just how tough are the dungeon npc's supposed to be, immediately after skeletron? I can find enemies over level 600 and they get tougher the further down I go. Not even in hardmode and playing on free rpg. My world is a Normal one btw, not an Expert one. Just checking to see if other people see enemies around this level or different level in the dungeon, on normal world with free rpg mode on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6l6uy66786fzg4/World_2.wld?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/azwf8ab212v924y/World_2.wld.bak?dl=0

Also, here is a NTerraria 6 Wikia to keep the updated information seperate from the NTerraria 5 mod.
http://nterraria6.wikia.com/wiki/NTerraria6_Wikia
Why did you made a wiki for N Terraria 6?
Just update the info of the original wiki telling which version is it on.

Also, Free Mode monsters gets tougher depending on their status, how far from the world spawn they are, plus how many bosses and events were beaten, you must find a way of leveling up your character before entering the Dungeon, even if you farm monsters for exp.

Last edited:
Classes I hope for:

Spellsword [Tier 2]
[Magic Weapon] - once activated all melee weapons used by the character deal magic damage in addition to their melee damage. The skill level determines the additional magic damage in intervals of 8% per level, culminating in 80% additional magic damage. The extra damage is calculated and activates the effects of magic set armors, but only the extra damage not the melee damage. This skill drains mana at a rate of 2/sec per skill level as long as its active. Using the skill again or running out of mana automatically cancel the skill. As a balancer for this skill, it can reduce the melee damage of the weapon by the same amount, allowing one to effectively turn the melee weapon into a magic weapon.

Blacksmith/Miner:
Following the Merchant's Axe Mastery, I hope for the addition of Hammer and Pickaxe Masteries respectively in order to make tools more dependable weapons. While I hope to have all three masteries on the same character, it is likely that these classes would be Tier 2 if at all implemented. As such one would have to choose between Hamaxes and Pickaxe axes.

Delving deeper into these two classes, the Blacksmith could have skills that allow him a chance to not consume ores when crafting bars, similar to the Alchemist's bench. In addition to this, as a blacksmith, he should have some sort of armor mastery which increases the defensive values of equipped armor. Naturally, the Hammer mastery would belong to the blacksmith since they use hammers to craft. Tier 2, hopefully Tier 3?

The miner class would instead possess the Pickaxe Mastery as well as an assortment of skills that would help him dig and mine. Examples include: Mining mastery to increase his mining speed and pickaxe tool power, explosive throwing skill and resistance to explosive damage. As an add on, a passive skill to have a chance to increase the yield when mining could be implemented, but could unbalance the game in the same fashion as the Merchants Discount and Overcharge skills if the player continuously places and mines the same block over and over again... Tier 2.

In case I was not clear with the Tiers of these classes:
Basic (Terrarian) > Tier 1 (Mage) > Tier 2 (Spellsword)

Last edited:
I'm having this crazy issue when, after I drink a health potion, i can't use any items for 30 seconds :/

I'm having this crazy issue when, after I drink a health potion, i can't use any items for 30 seconds :/
Oh crap, I was about to mention this too. I'll see there is a method workaround (Because I thought I had it right), and post it with edit.

Edit:mad:: @Cawry Was gonna do it, but I got too deep making my custom dungeon (to see how high level I can get my dungeons at), that I forgot to do that.

You are using the lesser potions, right? Because my lock-ups are involved with that.

Last edited:
Alright, tried the workaround and failed. It'll be a big bug for a bit, so use the rejuvenation potions(the one that heals HP/MP), since it also gives you a lower time reduction using them.

The Fighter's grapple ability essentially turns him into Deadpool. You end up teleporting a wicked amount of distance (Through blocks, too) in order to attack an enemy.
Edit: Also, the boomerang can be used for this, even if you've already thrown it; it will just throw another. It will fly from where you activated the ability, immediately hit the target and knock them far, far away, and then you have to wait for the boomerang to catch up with you.
Edit: You can also grapple worms and other enemies that are underground

Last edited:
Reposting my question because it was the last post before a new page and got missed ^_^

how exactly are you rebalancing the races?

can we get an idea of the changes your going to make

I'm especially interested in the madara rui race and what you plan to do with them will they stll be an alternitive to zuk's or what?

You don't understand development so I'm just going to say, Patience is a virtue. seriously, the mod was released about a week ago, there's more pressing matters that need to be fixed, one of them not being Grave codes lol
i'm well aware of that but we were supposed to report bugs here and this is one of them, odds are he forgot a semicolon somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom