Name 1 habit that you simply cant shake in Terraria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always lolligag around in the first day of a new playthrough. By sunset I'm scrambling around trying to get wood (harhar) and build housing.

I have decided: It's time to make eyes bleed with my disorganization.
upload_2015-1-7_17-49-41.png
upload_2015-1-7_17-49-51.png

I don't know about that. It should be in the first slot, and the hamaxe should be in the third, and the picksaw in the second. I just confused myself with my own disorganization.
Heh, good to know someone else organises their tools like me then. I might be worse, though... while mining, if I get an ore, I just order them in a line somewhere within the bottom area, from 'least powerful' to 'most powerful'. Staring at what I do with ice, dirt, and other random blocks hurts me.

I just end up throwing them out.

Although I appear to keep running into inventory issues with bars, since they stack to 99...
Unrefined ores stack to 999. If you can resist the temptation to refine them, leave them as ores until you need more bars, a chest will hold a around three times as much material.

My habit is to put my primary weapon on toolbar 1, then the pickaxe/drill on 2, axe/hamaxe on 3 (if axe then hammer on 4) and my secondary weapon on 4 or 5 depending on if I'm using a hamaxe or a regular axe. I never change this order.

When it comes to items of limited quantity (Muramasa, Blue Moon, etc), I never sell them, and I practically order my pals in multiplayer to save them. This often leads to having several unecessary duplicates in our weapon chests. :confused:

Next world... I'll just make a barrel titled "Extra Limited" and put every weapon we get more than 3 in there...

A friend of mine also has a habit of grabbing a Guide Voodoo Doll from our storage building, greeting our guide, giving him "initiation" (seeing if he can survive a weapon), then claiming that he has failed and that he is thoroughly disappointed in the guy. You'd swear he wouldn't mind being showered in coins moving as fast as bullets...

I always have a melee weapon in slot 1, even though the only character I ever play is magic. 2 and 3 are always magic weapons, along with 4 once I can vacate a hotbar slot, 4, 5 and 6 are tools- just 5 and 6 once I get a hamaxe, 7 is the Magic Mirror, 8 is Wood or the Rod of Discord when I get it, 9 is torches, and 10 is miscellaneous blocks, or the Flare Gun once I get it, or a mount summoner once I get it.

Said Flare Gun is always in my inventory, even though I have a Wisp and am way past caving at all.

I never use the Builder Potion or building-enhancing accessories, even though I really should.

I always give smaller rooms to the NPCs I don't like.

I have a kill-on-sight rule with the passive creatures.

My chests always have to be placed in a neat rectangle with uniform rows and columns.

I have designated spots in my inventory for collecting gel, fallen stars and mushrooms, even though I just throw out mushrooms once they make a full stack.

Last edited:
No matter how organized my base is, or my storage area is, after a long mining expedition I tend to just pile up my loot in a chest telling myself "I'll organize it later."

I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom