Name 1 habit that you simply cant shake in Terraria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always go to the right as soon as i get into a new world. Even when I get to the underworld I will go to the right. I just don't like going to the left i guess.

Most sidescrolling games from the early days had left-to-right movement, so this is probably why if you've ever played them.

Anything from Mega Man to Super Mario Bros, they all scrolled to the right in general.

It wouldn't be a far stretch to assume that the behavior is hard-wired into our brains. That, and perhaps something about most people being right-handed causes them to look right first and just causes them to naturally go that way first.

I always have that one room in my house that's filled with dozens of treasure chests that NEVER get used. Also i always end up making floating "Luigi's Mansions".

There are several habits I can't seem to shake while playing Terraria.
  • Doing Melee on pretty much every playthrough
  • Making an above ground glowing mushroom farm and building all of my Bases, Labs, Houses, other contraptions out of mushroom
  • Always having Rocket Boots<Spectre Boots<Lightning Boots<Frostspark Boots as an accessory when available
  • Always having Wings as an accessory when available
  • Making a Wing Height Comparison Platform
  • Having Gel and Stars at the bottom right of my inventory
  • Keeping Hook, Tools, Healing Potions, Pet Summoner items on the 2nd row of my inventory
  • Hoarding everything I collect in loads of chests at base (even if I would never use the item for any reason) (Getting a little better at organization luckily)
  • Trying to make Multiple Night's Edges and Terra Blades (Which I've done a few times)
  • Farming EoC and EoW/BoC then farming Plantera and Fishron when able even when I've gotten every item from both of them.
  • In general being super careful with using non-renewable resources (Like dirt/ice/glass) (I know antlion and Sandgun (With n chance to not consume ammo) makes sand infinite but is difficult to get mass quantities from this)
  • As a result of the above I don't use any potions (Only healing potions since they can be farmed from bosses)
  • Keeping NPC homes separate from my base
  • Using Cursed/Ichor Torches instead of normal ones once able
  • Sword in Slot 1, Spear or Sickle in slot 2, Flail in slot 3 of top row
  • Making hellivators 3 blocks wide
There's also some habits that carry over from Minecraft like having building symmetry, making tunnels 3-4 block wides

Always having Rocket Boots<Spectre Boots<Lightning Boots<Frostspark Boots as an accessory when available

Guilty, lol.

Always having Wings as an accessory when available

I can't imagine anyone not using Wings or Hoverboard, but I'm sure there's some out there.

Having Gel and Stars at the bottom right of my inventory

I do something very similar, not always at the bottom right corner, but bottom row in general. Magic Mirror is always the bottom left slot so I know exactly where it is and can click it fast if needs-be.

Hoarding everything I collect in loads of chests at base (even if I would never use the item for any reason) (Getting a little better at organization luckily)

Very guilty LOL.

Farming EoC and EoW/BoC then farming Plantera and Fishron when able even when I've gotten every item from both of them.

I pop em if I have the items to do so. Though Golem, what I've been doing, is building wood platforms high enough so that the bottom of golem's room is off-screen whenever possible. This means lihzarhds (and mimics! usually 1-2 per golem fight) will spawn down there while I'm fighting Golem and oftentimes power cells will drop while I'm fighting golem, which allows me to farm him near-infinitely. If I see Plantera Bulbs, I'll pop those too if I happen to be derping around in the jungle (usually while on the way over to a golem farm session).

So partially guilty, only with Golem instead of the other bosses.

Keeping NPC homes separate from my base

I always make a compact house, all the NPC quarters are the same size and in a neat little row, crafting room right next to it and then a greenhouse room right next to that, lol. Not very original or flashy, but it gets the job done.

Sword in Slot 1, Spear or Sickle in slot 2, Flail in slot 3 of top row

Mine are more like...

1). Main Weapon (usually a sword, or Scourge/Flairon)
2). Pickaxe
3). Axe/Hamaxe (Pwnhammer once I get the Pickaxe Axe or Picksaw)
4). Ranged Weapon or Nimbus Rod
5). Rope (it's a habit, I even leave it there after I have wings)
6). Some sort of Solid Block (I swap em out depending on what I'm actually doing or where I'm doing it)
7). Utility Weapon (Space Gun/Laser Gun/Heat Ray, Nimbus Rod if I have a ranged weapon, etc).
8). This can vary depending on what other decent weapons I have on me. Sometimes a Water Bolt, other times a bow, whatever.
9). Wood Platforms
0). Torch

Making hellivators 3 blocks wide

I always make mine 2 wide; rope on the left torches on the right.

Doing Melee on pretty much every playthrough

Guilty!

I always stack Defense; hardly anything can touch you if you've got 92-94 Defense (Warding + Beetle Armor + Ankh Shield).

There's also some habits that carry over from Minecraft like having building symmetry, making tunnels 3-4 block wides

Never played minecraft, but oftentimes while I'm tunnelling, I just turn auto-dig on and that results in a perfect 3 block high horizontal tunnel or 2 block wide vertical tunnel.

going into the menu to place items. then forgetting to put them back before i leave menu, thus dropping the item. really annoying when building a hell bridge.

I always forget potions, I say it's because potions are for weaklings but... well I'm just being bad at remembering, anyways I'm too lazy to gather potion materials or make a farm so...
:confused::dryadconfused::merchantconfused::nurseconfused:~:confused:`:confused:

I have a habit of meticulously planning out how I'm going to organize my chests and what's inside them - weapon chest, ore / bar chest, "set" chest (e.g.: Shroomite armors and associated weapons)... and then quickly saying "screw it" and dumping things into chests mostly at random. I chalk it up to the tedium that is organization in Terraria. I wish there was a way to designate chests as accepting only a certain type of item so that when you hit "Deposit All" only those types of items go into that chest.

its impossible for me to dodge a paladin, every time it hits me
"YESS FINALY DODGED IT!" *hammer hits me on the way down*
-_-
i also always want to skip to the latest tier when available, for example, i have never EVER made a pick out of iron, silver tungsten or lead, always platinum or gold and corruption picks, or with wings i go for the ice golems
weapon wise i skip to golden shower then megashark

That Paladin thing is exactly me too, always using Piranha Gun and then I'm like "bam Paladin my piranha's will eat you, and I doged it!" then like 4 hit me.

I have a habit of meticulously planning out how I'm going to organize my chests and what's inside them - weapon chest, ore / bar chest, "set" chest (e.g.: Shroomite armors and associated weapons)... and then quickly saying "screw it" and dumping things into chests mostly at random. I chalk it up to the tedium that is organization in Terraria. I wish there was a way to designate chests as accepting only a certain type of item so that when you hit "Deposit All" only those types of items go into that chest.
If you don't emediately make that suggestion I'm doing it.

I never keep bombs as bombs. ALWAYS convert them into sticky bombs.
Also I never make a pick out of metal, I go directly to Nightmare/Deathbringer while suffering through the slow mining speed for a few days.
I have a habit of organizing and renaming my chests, then completely forgetting that I did and it ends up full of random stuff. Then I realize "whoops" and put it back. Repeat.
I never put anything aside from weapons, MM, or fishing rods in my hotbar.

Shift clicking something important into a chest, and then another... (Why Terraria, whyyy? T-T)
Accidentally throwing bombs out my inventory while I'm in my house...
Clicking the freaking "deposit all" instead of "quick stack
"
Reforging far beyond a sane amount
When I'm trying to remember what I was going to do I spam A and D alternately until I remember...

I HATE BATS!!!!!!!

I don't throw anything out except for fishing junk like Seaweed and Tin Cans and stuff. I always have a chest with all my old weapons, armors, and tools even though its a huge waste of space.

I always put my "main" weapon (sword or spear) in slot 1, with my pick in slot 2, and other weapons in slots 3-7ish. I ten to use other weapons more than my "main" one, but it still goes in slot one :p

I never farm dungeon blocks in my main worlds. If I accidentally mine one I try to put it back where I got it. The time I would take dungeon blocks is if I make a world solely to acquire something and then delete the world.

Last edited:
I can't have an odd numbered stack of items and I always need to carry all the keys I have even if I'm not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom