Biomes & Nature Natural Structures (Moved from TerrariaOnline)

I have always wanted natural structures in Terraria since I've got it but i'm not much of a fourms guy. But full support I would think and hope they would soon put this in.

Natural structures have always been a favorite of mine. I support this. We should come up with a few specific examples as to what this might entail. But do all natural structures have to be hollow with a chest inside, or could there be more options, like landmarks and unique structures?

To me loot would be a good idea but a recommendation make them as rare as the giant tree so that way the world isn't covered in them

Purely asthetic structures don't even have to be made from any special material and could include moais or the Andrew Sphinx. What else could there be?

And maybe hiding the loot like in minecrafts jungle temples. Maybe a intricate system of levers would make it so you can find the lever.

And maybe hiding the loot like in minecrafts jungle temples. Maybe a intricate system of levers would make it so you can find the lever.
Tbh I just always mined through the wall. Not the best idea for Terraria, but the concept of having to work for your reward isn't a terribly bad idea.

I was thinking that the majority of them would be for scenery and have rare gens that had normal loot or rare loot! Just a suggestion !

While I do believe that these natural structures should indeed have some sort of unique loot associated with them, I'm a firm believer in not handing out items like candy just because.

Perhaps it's randomly generated so around three or four of these structures can contain something special?
Yeah. I like the idea of having a REASON to explore stuff aside from aesthetics, but at the same time I also enjoy aesthetics just for the sake of aesthetics.

Maybe all the naturally occurring structures can be made of crafted building material so people can tear down the buildings for construction material?

Like, that tower in the example image, imagine if that was made of mudstone brick or something, and I come across that and go "oh, hey! That's some nice-lookin' building material! I'll take me some of that and make a house out of that!".

A surface structure wouldn't need more than a wooden chest with some early-game loot in it. I mean, you find that stuff surface-level anyhow. An abandoned building above ground would have been looted long ago logically.

I support this idea. Maybe the desert could have an abandoned western type town or a mine shaft to explore. They're so bare-bones as it is and all the sand would discourage early digging straight through.

Oh I like this. The concept is really cool and just yes, we need this to be implemented in-game, at least something similar. Support.

Back
Top Bottom