Builds Need help with stained glass windows

Pro Superstar

Terrarian
Capture 2016-08-21 17_24_56.png

See that? I made it. I think it sucks. I would like some suggestions.

How can I make a better frame? What is a better design? What kind of paint works well?

I want to work within the dimensions of the room, which measures 61x35. No paint is on anything.

Oh but I love those. They are charming and lovely, especially the multicolored tree. I don't have any tips or suggestions, just wanted to let you know how cute they are.

I think they look pretty great! My only suggestion would be to mix up the shapes a bit more so you don't have 3 that look the same and then one that doesn't.

I really like the idea though! I love the stained glass but never thought to try actually making pictures out of it XD

I think Wood platform isn't really fitting in this build.

The Stained glass trees are good, so I wouldn't fix that.

Did you get the different tones by painting the glass? It looks nice. Also for the frame if you're not set on having the platforms in front then actuated blocks could make for a better frame. Also im realizing this thread is like 7 years old

You could use actuated painted glass blocks and painted glass walls (use echo walls for behind the actuated painted glass blocks), but that would eliminate your platforms. It'd also look good if you were to put beams at the sides of your platforms to make visible what they're held by.
Another thing: furnaces look extremely similar to and better than fireplaces, you could replace your fireplace with a furnace.

Back
Top Bottom