Official New 1.3 Spoilers: Enhancing the User Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so excited for this new update cant wait it to come out!!!
emoji-smiley-face.jpg

Seriously can't wait for the update. Any way we could know when it will be released? If not the day or even the week maybe the month? Or the season? Anything more precise than "not yet but sometimes before I die"? ... Well I've tried...

I know it might be very late to speak about things that I would like implemented in 1.3 but maybe not... or maybe someone in the dev team will see this and add it to a possible future update to do list...

Is there any reason why signs are so hard to edit? Let's say I make myself a list of to do things and I want to erase the 2nd and 5th line of an 8 line list... why do I have to erase everything and then write it back down? I know that compared to the effect of the changes on the chest stacking and purchasing from the piggy bank we are talking small potatoes here and not something that would be used all that much by most people but it always bugged me to see a feature that might be helpful but I don't use it because of how painfully unfriendly it is. Also if signs and graves could keep their writing when moved it would be really useful for me. Ok for graves maybe not useful as much as fun but still... I would love to make myself a graveyard of "Look at all the dumb ways you died" without having to first take notes of what's written before moving said gravestone.

Also of small importance I'd like if more items could be made out of metals that become useless once you've made armors and weapons out of. Things like Chandeliers, lamps and other light items and even table, chairs and other furniture should be relatively easy (new colors on existing designs will probably do the trick in most parts)

I had other ideas like an item that would tell me how big a lake is, a different way to calculate thes size of a lake for fishing purposes (because it may be efficient to make them square but it doesn't look natural at all) and other small stuff but I'm getting a headache so I'll stop here for now.

Seriously can't wait for the update. Any way we could know when it will be released? If not the day or even the week maybe the month? Or the season? Anything more precise than "not yet but sometimes before I die"? ... Well I've tried...
It'll be out when it's ready to come out. Think of it like each day you don't get it, more stuff gets added to make the wait worth it.
I know it might be very late to speak about things that I would like implemented in 1.3 but maybe not... or maybe someone in the dev team will see this and add it to a possible future update to do list...

Is there any reason why signs are so hard to edit? Let's say I make myself a list of to do things and I want to erase the 2nd and 5th line of an 8 line list... why do I have to erase everything and then write it back down? I know that compared to the effect of the changes on the chest stacking and purchasing from the piggy bank we are talking small potatoes here and not something that would be used all that much by most people but it always bugged me to see a feature that might be helpful but I don't use it because of how painfully unfriendly it is. Also if signs and graves could keep their writing when moved it would be really useful for me. Ok for graves maybe not useful as much as fun but still... I would love to make myself a graveyard of "Look at all the dumb ways you died" without having to first take notes of what's written before moving said gravestone.

Also of small importance I'd like if more items could be made out of metals that become useless once you've made armors and weapons out of. Things like Chandeliers, lamps and other light items and even table, chairs and other furniture should be relatively easy (new colors on existing designs will probably do the trick in most parts)

I had other ideas like an item that would tell me how big a lake is, a different way to calculate thes size of a lake for fishing purposes (because it may be efficient to make them square but it doesn't look natural at all) and other small stuff but I'm getting a headache so I'll stop here for now.
Also, make a thread in the suggestion forums for this, it seems like a nice idea but this isn't the place.

Sorry if I seemed rude to either of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
2015, no later than middle of December. 17th Dec Cenx posted somewhere (her profile, IIRC) that 1.3 will take no less than a month, but no more than a year to finish, didn't she?

Feb-Apr is a likely window of release.
The only window of release we truely have is Januari/Februari/March/April/May/June/Juli/August/September/October/November/December.
Anything else is guesswork that will undoubtly lead to disappointment.

There isn't much released info to support that or ANY other date, so be wary about making predictions like this.

The only window of release we truely have is Januari/Februari/March/April/May/June/Juli/August/September/October/November/December.
Anything else is guesswork that will undoubtly lead to disappointment.

My bad, I'm not stressing the validity of these dates, it is speculation/approximation only. It has been stated many times that December is the latest date, and I have not refuted this. I do hope for a March-April release, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom