Weapons & Equip New combined accessory

also isn't 1.4.1 the last content update?
Yea? What does this have to do with what I said.
Let people make suggestions. There's no point in telling them to stop. Just yesterday I majorly reworked one of mine.
Exactly, the guy just wanted to give an Idea if the developers change their minds. Besides I'm pretty sure there isn't any other place to show concepts in the forums.

Last edited:
Well, that was a wild ride.

I think a fun item combination might be Master Ninja Gear and the Frog Legs are any variation of them. I think it would really play into the mobility aspect of the game and would be lots of fun!

Increased ascent, dashing, a chance to dodge, wall climbing, further falls and an extra high jump! It almost sounds overpowered.

I think a fun item combination might be Master Ninja Gear and the Frog Legs are any variation of them. I think it would really play into the mobility aspect of the game and would be lots of fun!
Those are already the two best boss-killing mobility items in the game. If you have those on with a pair of wings you can easily dodge everything that isn't moon lord. It would definitely be overpowered.

Those are already the two best boss-killing mobility items in the game. If you have those on with a pair of wings you can easily dodge everything that isn't moon lord. It would definitely be overpowered.

I could see that, but it would still be a fun item nonetheless. Maybe add an endgame element to the crafting recipe?

I'm not sure if the Terraspark Boots VS. Ampibian Boots even on-topic of the main post... XD but

(Since 1.4) I usually try to get Terraspark boots, but aware of the Frog leg's awesomeness, also got the Frog gear besides it, at first. Then reading on the forums, some pointed out that, out of the 2 frog leg derivates, Amphibian boots is better. Because, most of the abilities the frog gear gives are negligable in hardmode (except the frog leg's initial abilities, which are awesome) So, then I said, "Next time, I will try Amphibian Boots instead"

And on the other playthrough, several of the terraspar boots' components were missing from the world (like aglet, ice skates, water walking boots, lava charm, etc.) - you can get them from fishing, and you certainly will fish, if you want the amphibian boots, but RNG wasn't too friendly on those. Wooden/Pearlwood Crates are a plentiful catch so you can easily catch tons of them, so getting the sailfish boots is usually not that difficult. Frog leg do needs lots of luck with RNG, but still.

Anyway, point being, on that playthrough, I tried out using amphibian boots and no terraspark boots. Amphibian boots are awesome. the 4mph difference in speed is completely negligable, and Amphibian boost wings a real lot. When you have wings (and a grappling hook), falling into water rarely matters much. Sure, lava is dangerous, but you won't necessarily go there that often.

But, there might be another option... "Why not both?"
On the current playthrough, I crafted both Terraspark and Amphibian boots and had both equipped. (I suppose the player has two feet, so... though you might would look silly having different shoes on each foot XD)
I think Amphibian will take away that +4mph from Terraspark when you have both, but gives you that awesome boots on jump and wings later.
To begin with, having both, turned the fledgling wings into something similar to angel wings (still awful in comparison to better wings, but awesome pre-hardmode)

Anyway, when we compare them, Terraspark is more for adventures. When you walk around a lot, you can encounter water, lava, rarely even fire blocks, etc. when it is quite useful.
However many of its abilities are quite niche (like not breaking thin ice) which are very useful when you're in the biome where that might cause a problem, but completely useless otherwise.
In "tamed" areas like around your base, or (most) boss arenas, there will be usually no ice, thin ice, lava, fire blocks, etc. there might be a normal lake, but you probably built a platform bridge over it quite early game.
So, anyway, my opinion is, Terraspark is useful when adventuring, but unnecessary for boss fights, etc. where Amphibian boots would be a lot more useful with its awesome boost on wings, and extremely fast running speed (that+4mph makes negligable difference).
But if you can spare an accessory slot, might as well have both XD

I’m sorry for the necro, but wearing Terraspark + Frog Leg is more beneficial than Terraspark + Amphibian because you keep the +4 mph with Terraspark & Frog Leg. I might also add that Terraspark might be preferred when playing the ”For the worthy” seed because there are A LOT of lava lakes on that special seed. Like lava lakes literally everywhere you go.

I think that it should be made so that Terraspark Boots get the benefit from movement speed bonuses because running boots have a fixed speed cap which is slower than wings, this change should kick into effect when Hardmode hits, because increasing the running speed in Pre-hardmode might be a bit OP. This change would also give a reason to craft them because it would be possible to make the running speed match wing speed and it would give Terraspark more use in Hardmode aswell.

Back
Top Bottom