Biomes & Nature New crystal biome

Why did you duplicate this thread?
Anyways its a great idea
Maybe gems like diamond could spawn more often here

I was almost worried for a bit that this was another shoddy Hallow alternate, but the idea's actually pretty neat. I would like to see this in-game.

I like the idea, but 5 gold per crystal that is only used in vanity and furniture is absurdly overpriced. Great otherwise, would add a nice ambiance.

This sounds like an odd combination of Gemstone Caves, the Underground Hallow, and Mushroom Biomes...

The concept is definitely unique, but it's also pretty redundant at the same time. Most of what you're suggesting here already exists in the game, so this would be anything new or interesting. The one thing that sort of stood out was the Crystal Furniture, which could just be (and has, in another suggestion thread) crafted with Crystal Shards.

EDIT: Oh, your having this locked? Well, then... (Don't pm a mod, just report your post.)

I think this would be a very good idea if you mixed the already existing crystal shards into the mix. Perhaps like when there is underground Hallow and the entire underground is covered in crystal shards? Have the enemies be crystallized as well, thus, making a crystal biome.
Very original idea. I fully support!

This sounds like an odd combination of Gemstone Caves, the Underground Hallow, and Mushroom Biomes...

The concept is definitely unique, but it's also pretty redundant at the same time. Most of what you're suggesting here already exists in the game, so this would be anything new or interesting. The one thing that sort of stood out was the Crystal Furniture, which could just be (and has, in another suggestion thread) crafted with Crystal Shards.

EDIT: Oh, your having this locked? Well, then... (Don't pm a mod, just report your post.)
So my original intention was not to add a bunch of stuff, but this would be like one of the mini biomes cenx said was being added in the 1.3 update, but I do have a few ideas and I could add them, but it's just a mini biome

So my original intention was not to add a bunch of stuff, but this would be like one of the mini biomes cenx said was being added in the 1.3 update, but I do have a few ideas and I could add them, but it's just a mini biome
Sounds more like a full biome. Mini biomes are hardly even biomes at all. Based on the image in that spoiler, a "mini-biome" is just a special area in world generation with some special feature, not an actual biome where new enemies spawn or entities exist. I consider things like Underground Ruins and those "umbrella tunnel" things you find on the surface with a Chest under them as being mini-biomes.

This just sounds like a Mushroom Biome with a different theme, which is why I think it's redundant.

If I were you, I would just make a texture pack of the Mushroom Biome that changes everything to a crystal theme.

You know, I like this, but then they would have to change the hallow spell book, the crystal shards, etc.
But otherwise, you have my full support!

Partial support. As this would be a good thing to implement into the game, I don't think it has enough material to be considered a full biome. Maybe a larger mini-biome that they're going to implement in 1.3?

I do like the idea of a crystal furniture set. I had a different idea on how they would look. A while back when we first got the crystals I though it would be so cool to see a large crystal to use as a decoration, maybe use it as a light by adding a torch to the recipe. From there I though of what some of the other furniture items would be. For the table and chair it would replace the legs with a crystal with the point down. I though it would look nice if it balanced on just one. The chandelier would be a be an 8 point star hanging from a chain.

Back
Top Bottom