TCF Suggestion New Forum Themes

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist
Not that TCF needs more forum themes...

But I thought a few more wouldn't hurt. In particular I was thinking;
  • Dungeon (Green variant)
  • Dungeon (Blue variant)
  • Dungeon (Pink variant)
  • Underworld (Not to be confused with Underground)
They wouldn't be drastically different from the themes we have currently, and the dungeons could even be simple palette swaps. They would of course need new logo variants and illustrated backdrops.

@Crowno -- Why have you forsaken us?! :dryadcry:

It might not look like it, but making forum themes takes a while. A lot of people requested new themes before but I particularly think that we already have enough, each one with a distinct color scheme and representing a core location in the game. Also, (in my humble opinion) it isn't something very relevant to invest much more time on, and that's the same issue I had with the requests for more emotes. It's a big matter of investing time on something that might not be worth at the moment.
I have an update to work on, too :dryadtongue:

But regardless, all suggestions are still valid and welcome. Maybe we can have time to do that in the future.

It might not look like it, but making forum themes takes a while. A lot of people requested new themes before but I particularly think that we already have enough, each one with a distinct color scheme and representing a core location in the game. Also, (in my humble opinion) it isn't something very relevant to invest much more time on, and that's the same issue I had with the requests for more emotes. It's a big matter of investing time on something that might not be worth at the moment.
I have an update to work on, too :dryadtongue:

But regardless, all suggestions are still valid. Maybe we can have time to do that in the future.
ALL I HEAR IS EXCUSES! The real Crowno would not deny us new themes based on "time constraints". What have you done with the real Crowno?! :dryadwhat:

Just kidding. I get that the forum themes are a huge time sink and that they are not a priority -- regardless I felt that while a lot of core areas are represented, variation never hurt. It seemed plausible to suggest the Dungeon variations because they would be as close to "palette swaps" as you could get. But as for "core locations" I feel the dungeon and underworld are getting the short end of the stick here, as both are incredibly important to a player's general Terraria experience.

As I said; it's not like the TCF needs more forum themes. I just felt that the suggestions made sense. Revisiting this suggestion when the workload is more manageable also makes sense, I didn't actually expect the team to drop what they were doing and add forum themes.

I think we would all agree that it would be nice to have a few more (I've always wanted a Hell/Underworld one)...but as Crowno noted, its all priorities on how to use limited resources at this stage. There is only one Crowno, after all, and he has quite a few things on his plate...like 1.3. ;)

I heard a maybe at the end there....

• Dungeon (Green variant)
  • Dungeon (Blue variant)
  • Dungeon (Pink variant)
  • Underworld (Not to be confused with Underground)
I'd prefer some variants to existing ones too. I mean, don't take it the wrong way, Crowno, but I can't dig the dead trees for the snow theme. I'd like to see an option for some greens covered in snow instead.

Wait, so Crowno, the game developer doesn't have adequate Internet speed? We should start a Kickstarter campaign for him.

Bandwidth being a measure of time not internet.

Unless you were being sarcastic - in which case, well played.

Here's an idea for an underworld theme if you ever do have time:
  • Background color (after the actual background): Orange
  • Content color (the "dirt" color): Black
  • Text color: Red orange
  • Link color: Yellow orange
  • "Terraria" logo style: Instead of grass, there would be a solid hunk of ash surrounding the logo, changing the look quite a bit. The "dirt" part of the logo would be Obsidian, while the "stone" part would be Hellstone.
  • "Terraria" logo mascot: A Red Devil, posing to the right of the logo heroically.
Background image:

It would be a sea of lava mostly, with towering spires that look like they are made of Obsidian Brick poking out of the lava. The spires look like they are made of the old Obsidian Brick texture, but there are glowing red eyes every now and then, like the new texture. Floating islands of Ash are the only landmasses besides the spires, covered in Fireblossom, one of which has a locked Shadow Chest on top. Near the bottom of the screen, in the very foreground, a Guide Voodoo Doll is "swimming" in the lava.

And since Crowno doesn't have any time... @Daimera PLZ!

A Floating Island theme would also look nice.

Interface elements could be a brighter shade of green or brown, or maybe a Sunplate-ish shade of gold. Terraria logo would be made of clouds, with some more Sunplate/Skyware stuff and a Harpy. Backdrop would be a few floating islands, but mostly a lot of open sky that would extend kind of extend to lower areas of the page.

It might be a bit too similar to a few existing themes, though, and it couldn't hold a candle to Underworld or Dungeon themes in a debate. I would just find such a theme uplifting (no pun intended)

Last edited:
A Floating Island theme would also look nice.

Interface elements could be a brighter shade of green or brown, or maybe a Sunplate-ish shade of gold. Terraria logo would be made of clouds, with some more Sunplate/Skyware stuff and a Harpy. Backdrop would be a few floating islands, but mostly a lot of open sky that would extend kind of extend to lower areas of the page.

It might be a bit too similar to a few existing themes, though, and it couldn't hold a candle to Underworld or Dungeon themes in a debate. I would just find such a theme uplifting (no pun intended)
That'd be cool. Still holding out for my Underworld theme though.

Back
Top Bottom