Game Mechanics New ideas for adventure map creation

Make a support banner already, because if you do, then I'm definitely supporting this!

But I'll support it anyways. Support. :3

I would really like an update that focusses on Adventure maps, suggestions like this would be really awesome.

I was also thinking about doors that are only possible to open with wire. (not-right click) though that is also easily done with actuators.

All of my yes. Even if nothing else, the boss altars would revolutionize adventure map making. Right now map makers pretty much have to use the honor system to ensure players fight bosses when they're told to, which kind of breaks immersion.

More keys would be great too, although it's not terribly pressing since you can at least use temple keys and doors right now. As for more locked chests, though, I would rather they just remove the requirement of Plantera being defeated and find another way to gate the dungeon items, since the current method is a bit too meta for my tastes anyway. Something like requiring ectoplasm or some other hardmode dungeon drop to craft the keys would work fine.

Something like requiring ectoplasm or some other hardmode dungeon drop to craft the keys would work fine.
Or perhaps just combining the key with Ectoplasm to lift the curse, rather than it automatically being lifted? I'd rather not go back to the age of Key Molds.

That being said, this idea is fantastic, and would absolutely make making adventure maps much more feasible. Presently, if you want to truly get the most out of maps, you have to use mods (the Tale of Red Cloud is a fantastic, albeit old, example of this).

Or perhaps just combining the key with Ectoplasm to lift the curse, rather than it automatically being lifted? I'd rather not go back to the age of Key Molds.

Tbh I'm not sure why they removed key molds in the first place, I mean they worked and weren't as meta as the current system. Maybe some might consider the recipe they used a little steep (5 of each boss soul is quite a bit in mid-hardmode), but in concept they were solid. I could see them getting added back in and maybe 1 key mold + 2 ectoplasm = 1 key.

That doesnt exist.
Actually it would be great if creative mode would be added along with this suggestion because some ideas in this suggestion (like boss altars) are just not suitable for standard gameplay.
Well you can place background object with Tedit, that's why I counted it as creative mode.
Yes, Dev didn't add creative mode to the game, so there're people create something like Tedit or Gameiki mod.
I don't think devs will add anything that is only possible to get through mods, but they can add creative mode to access map making items from this suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom