Sprites New Lunar Event Weapons!

What is your favorite weapon?

• Total voters
i can see actual progress, considering how most mod makers give up mid-way, im pretty impressed.

1592177566071.png

hey look, even cat agrees.

Seems interesting, my mod i'm working on right now also currently adds new weapons for all 4, but these are way better than mine.

I would sorta like it if the third solar weapon was a sword, but oh well
It would most likely be obsolete by the time the Moon Lord was defeated, and the Zenith was obtained. The strongest flail in the game as of now is the Flower Pow from Plantera, so a new endgame flail would be great.

I would sorta like it if the third solar weapon was a sword, but oh well
There are like a million swords in the game almost all of them outclassed as soon as or before you get them as swords are literally the most common weapons in the game.
It would most likely be obsolete by the time the Moon Lord was defeated, and the Zenith was obtained. The strongest flail in the game as of now is the Flower Pow from Plantera, so a new endgame flail would be great.
Yeah it is a nice concept I do have to admit I would personally prefer a spear since spears have less options post Plantera though if counting only true flails they are equally deficient with exactly 1 weapon Each. Given that Terraria is effectively a 3 act game with the Wall of Flesh and Plantera as gate keepers the comparative distinction of Plantera as a dividing point in progression matters. The Flower Pow being a Plantera drop is naturally post Plantera so the justification for a true flail over a spear is understandable but the point is that nearly all melee weapon archetypes generally lack much representative weapons except for swords.
Broadswords: Seedler, Psycho knife( Bladed Glove analog so terrible range), The Horseman's Blade, Christmas Tree Sword, Keybrand, Influx Waver, Flying Dragon, Star Wrath*, Meowmere*, Zenith**. Total of 7 not counting Moonlord drops.

Shortswords: Starlight

Spears: North Pole

True Flails: Flower Pow

Launched Flails: Golem Fist, Flairon, Solar Eruption. Total of 3

Thrown Knives/Javelins: Scourge of the Corruptor**, Vampire Knives**, Day Break. Total 3 though first 2 are world exclusive

Boomerangs: Paladin's Hammer, Possessed Hatchet

Jousting Weapons:Shadow Jousting Lance (note only 3 such weapons in the game)

Yo-yos: Eye of Cthulhu, Kraken, Terrarian* Total of 2 not counting Moonlord Drops

Other Melee: Butchers Chainsaw, & Sky Dragon's Fury

Personally I would probably change Flairon to be a true Flail and add a spear but it is the TC's call
Now further comparisons can be assessed if we look at how weapons are distributed by damage classes.
Post Plantera(PP) weapon spread:

Plantera: 2 Melee(+1 Hamaxe), 2 Ranged, 2 Magic, 1 Summon
General Stuff: 3 Ranged weapons bought, ranged armor crafting Station 1 Melee focused Bladed Glove like "pickaxe)
PP Eclipse(excluding pre Plantera drops):2(3) Melee(1 is combat focused tool),1 Ranged, 1 magic, 1 Summon,
Hardmode Dungeon:
-Enemy Drops: 3 Melee,3 Ranged, 4 Magic, 1 Summon Also number of accessories 2 sets of wings and PP mage armor
-Biome Chests: 2 Melee(1 per world),1 Ranged,1 Magic, 3 Summon

Pumpkin Moon:1 Melee, 3 Ranged, 1 Magic, 2 Summon, Also PP Summoner armor and accessory & Summon damage dealing Master mode mount), Light pet depending on if on Master mode or not)
Frost Moon: 2 Melee, 3 Ranged, 3 Magic, 0 Summon, (+1 Summon damage dealing master mode mount)
Golem: 2 Melee, 1 Ranged, 2 Magic, 0 Summon, Also PP Melee armor set & crit accessory
Martian Maddness: 1 Melee(+ Laser drill), 2 Ranged, 2 magic, 1 Summon, Also +1 Summon Damage dealing Mount
Duke Fishron: 1 Melee, 1 Ranged, 2 Magic, 1 Summon, And Wings, Also Expert mount boosting damage if low HP or in water.
Empress of Light: 1 Melee, 1 Ranged, 2 Magic,1(2) Summon(If all damage done in daytime)
Pillar weapons 2 each class
Moon Lord 3Melee, 2 Ranged, 2 magic, 2 Summon
Basically above you will see a highly asymmetric distribution of post Plantera stuff. So An alternative place for a Spear might be a haunted themed Spear based off and dropped by Mourning Wood boosting Melee to 2 items there or Some kind of shock spear from the Gigazapper in Martian Maddness.
I'm sure other stuff could be added to balance post Plantera phase of the game for example... As right now it is kinda poorly done >_>

Endgame guns are overpowered and we don't have an enemy, boss (maybe Luna Prince) or event that designed and/or adjusted for them, and I found these suggestions a mockery. Like ashes in my mouth

Of course you are not working, it is illegal to make whips before 1.4 tModLoader comes up
You do realize the stardust whip hasn't been added to the mod yet, right? You'd know that if you actually checked. The whip will be added to the mod once tMod 1.4 is released.

Endgame guns are overpowered and we don't have an enemy, boss (maybe Luna Prince) or event that designed and/or adjusted for them, and I found these suggestions a mockery. Like ashes in my mouth
Which is why post-Moon Lord content is being planned to be added. I'm honestly surprised you thought we'd add more powerful endgame weapons without adding more challenges to said endgame.

Back
Top Bottom